Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvPers on RP-PvE servers

Surberus
12.13.2011 , 06:17 PM | #11
Check out the guild list on SWTOR-RP, they have servers for all of the RP-PVE and PVP servers so you can have a good route round for guilds which are advertised and you might find people who are looking for something similar, there's a big variety on there.

http://swtor-rp.com/forum (Go to the menu at the top, under forum for server forums -> Guilds & Organizations)

This one is the Trask Ulgo list.

http://swtor-rp.com/traskulgo/m/3305...ewforum/798425
Your friendly neighbourhood space slug
TRASK ULGO

Slamz
12.13.2011 , 06:22 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TugGray View Post
I hate the Dump of PVPers who come to RP-PVP servers thinking it's ok to be OOC all the time and casualy try to RP but gank the enemy when the mood swings that way.
You seem to be implying that RP-PvP means we see each other and decide to chat it up a bit before deciding to fight.

"Stop, rebel scum!"
"No you stop, imperial scum!"
"I wave my lightsaber at you in a threatening manner!"
"No, I wave my lightsaber at you in a threatening manner! If these tensions escalation, we shall surely fight!"

(or some slight variation thereof)

In fact, if I decide to beat up some rebels, I will typically do so without warning because to me, that's "RP". My Sith isn't interested in chit-chat. You are clearly an enemy of the empire and there's no sense talking to you about it.

RP does not necessarily mean "chat".

Spacekasekat
12.13.2011 , 06:39 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Kellindell View Post
So me and some friends are hardcore PvPers, but we like to RP and find RP-PvP servers dont have as much RP. We also dont like the concept of things muddying up open world encounters like your 20 minute cooldown skill and companions. Its to much on top of the already massive amount of randoms like gear, companion gear, spec, what cooldowns do you have up aside from your 20 minute one etc...

We also have some people in our group who hate PvP, and since we are RL friends we want to play on a server that makes everyone happy.

So we are going regular RP, but our fear is being stuck with alot of non PvPers, and not seeing BG queus or activity on Illum.

I was wondering if any other PvPers were going to regular RP servers, and if so what server might be our best choice if we want to ensure we get a decent amount of PvP in.

If anyone could weigh in, that would be great.
Well, I am new to RP in this type of gaming, but I have been a PVE and PVP type in other games. I am starting fresh with this game and I will be creating a character on an RP-PVE realm so that I can RP, PVE and PVP. So, you and your friends will not be the only ones in similar situations. I say go for it and have fun!

Goshee
12.14.2011 , 04:09 AM | #14
I used to play on Ravenholdt RP-PvP server on WoW.

I have to say that in its early years the server was fantastic. The guilds on each faction beefing over one another really made for some great drama.

The PvP was great, we would organize events and then the opposite faction would come and crash it. Say we were patrolling around an area then suddenly we walk around the corner and there are several hordies against us it really is awesome!

What I admire about RP-PvP servers is the constant competition between both the factions, it leads to some great battles and good conversation afterwards.

Honestly though, without the right people it isn't as fun. For each faction you need at least 1 spark to start the flames.

If one person can invoke rage in the other faction it leads to awesome competition lol. It is hard to explain but when you have one person or one guild constantly taunting the enemy, it causes them to react more often. Especially the case when two top PvP guilds are battling to see which faction is better.

If the population dwindles however as it did on my server the PvP just becomes meh. You need to keep the communication up with the other factions whether its friendly banter or ripping into their "skills" as a player. This makes for some fun times!

Kellindell
12.14.2011 , 08:55 AM | #15
I too miss the early days of Ravenholdt. It really peaked around Season 2 and started to die right before wrath came out.

Jagrevi
12.14.2011 , 04:35 PM | #16
I'm very into PvP, and I play on an RP PvE server (Begeren Colony).

Haven't had any problems with it being a PvE server yet. There's warzones, areas that auto-flag you for PvP, and an incentive to just flag yourself for Mercenary Commendations.
Planned Twi'lek Scoundrel

Blueneko
12.19.2011 , 04:55 PM | #17
My guild is both RP and PvP centric. We are on a RP-PvE server (Shien). We have safety for PvE desires, join Warzones often, and RP along the way.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

www.throughvictory.com
RP/PvE - US East - Shien