Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

I MISS SWG, "Jump to Light Speed".

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
I MISS SWG, "Jump to Light Speed".

Bigryuubi's Avatar


Bigryuubi
08.30.2012 , 05:23 AM | #21
JTLS, it will be miss. It's fact that you had something good. Why take it away? You had so much more to do.. You could have more then one friend help you fight by shooting turrets or repair when needed, had more things to do with your ship like customization with chair, tables etc. Had more ships to pick from.... That what made Star Wars different from other mmo's heck Eve could not match that!

Eillack's Avatar


Eillack
08.31.2012 , 08:05 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Bigryuubi View Post
JTLS, it will be miss. It's fact that you had something good. Why take it away? You had so much more to do.. You could have more then one friend help you fight by shooting turrets or repair when needed, had more things to do with your ship like customization with chair, tables etc. Had more ships to pick from.... That what made Star Wars different from other mmo's heck Eve could not match that!
Indeed, well said!

I loved moments when I was in a Imperial group transport and watching the interior explode one terminal at a time while trying our best to fix the ship and balance out power.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Neverfar's Avatar


Neverfar
08.31.2012 , 08:17 PM | #23
I miss "Jump to Lightspeed" too. I may be in the minority opinion about the rest of the game no matter the era, vanilla, CU or NGE (come on, kung-fu poison-throwing doctors and magic diseased stone knives?!), but JTL was an incredible gem that the developers created under great pressure with an underoptimized engine and somehow it was still magnificent.

I miss the simple pleasure of looking out my ship's window, and seeing people docking and departing a space station... feeling that I was actually there, and not just facing some star-studded texture map outside my window.

The combat was great, especially the pvp... even if it was brutally short and harsh.

I quit for good well before the atmospheric flight stuff came out. I feel like I really missed out on something good

Eillack's Avatar


Eillack
08.31.2012 , 08:23 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Neverfar View Post
I miss "Jump to Lightspeed" too. I may be in the minority opinion about the rest of the game no matter the era, vanilla, CU or NGE (come on, kung-fu poison-throwing doctors and magic diseased stone knives?!), but JTL was an incredible gem that the developers created under great pressure with an underoptimized engine and somehow it was still magnificent.

I miss the simple pleasure of looking out my ship's window, and seeing people docking and departing a space station... feeling that I was actually there, and not just facing some star-studded texture map outside my window.

The combat was great, especially the pvp... even if it was brutally short and harsh.

I quit for good well before the atmospheric flight stuff came out. I feel like I really missed out on something good
Well....it was good...it was something that should have been part of SWG sinse JTL first came out. SWG was able to support atmospheric flight the entire time. I loved how if you went high up enough, you got and auto pop up to go to one of the sectors for the space map for your system.

Atmospheric flight made mounts, etc useless though. It literally took me a few seconds to go across any planet. IT was fun zipping fast player cities, forests, mountains, etc. I loved flying in vallies / canyons! Then the new hunting via ship was neat.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Neverfar's Avatar


Neverfar
08.31.2012 , 08:38 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
Well....it was good...it was something that should have been part of SWG sinse JTL first came out. SWG was able to support atmospheric flight the entire time. I loved how if you went high up enough, you got and auto pop up to go to one of the sectors for the space map for your system.

Atmospheric flight made mounts, etc useless though. It literally took me a few seconds to go across any planet. IT was fun zipping fast player cities, forests, mountains, etc. I loved flying in vallies / canyons! Then the new hunting via ship was neat.
I'm very jealous right now.

Eillack's Avatar


Eillack
09.01.2012 , 09:57 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Neverfar View Post
I'm very jealous right now.
Not trying to make a "In your face post," I'm sorry if it came off like that; just trying ot describe some of the stuff I did with that feature.

But to inform on another thing (and just look up the SWG vids frm the last days on youtube anyway), dueing the last day events, the city of Coronet was under seige by an Imperial Star Destroyer hovering right over the city with tons of escorts, and vis versa with the Rebellion sending a fleet and tried to take control of Theed.

Seeing that I was Imperial on my main at that point myself and other were destroying a couple Rebel transports at Theed, but alas, Europe Farstar had too many Imperials at the Death Star II generator on Endor. So we never got to destroy the Nebulon B Frig. At least the Rebels weren't able to even dent the Imperial fleet above Coronet haha.

But yeah, there were a couple "Kill X amount of Y" with your ship for hunting badges, etc, and then PvP via starship / air to ground was interesting. Flying thru Restuss in my Arc-170 was interesting haha...
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Bigryuubi's Avatar


Bigryuubi
09.03.2012 , 05:51 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post

I loved moments when I was in a Imperial group transport and watching the interior explode one terminal at a time while trying our best to fix the ship and balance out power.
That was most favorite part about the game. It got crazy, very close calls, just got to hope that the armor would hold when the shields are down. Droids helps as well when we got weak and had to transfer shields that was cool too.

Bring it back please....... haha!

NiborBinks's Avatar


NiborBinks
09.04.2012 , 01:27 PM | #28
It truly was a great aspect of SWG that was deep beautiful and fun. I miss my ace pilot, my assortment of Tie fighters and hunting my quotas and I did the kessel run in less than 12 parsecs.

SWTOR feels shallow rushed and to me it's not star wars or even worthy of to be associated with KOTOR.

Instead of just trying to add more "rotoscoped" "jellymold" planets, Bioware take a long hard look at your preddacssor who you slayed and see what good you can take from it. Space, community are two things so badly wrong with this game.
Yes of-course the Gunguns house trained!

liammozz's Avatar


liammozz
09.05.2012 , 09:13 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by NiborBinks View Post
It truly was a great aspect of SWG that was deep beautiful and fun. I miss my ace pilot, my assortment of Tie fighters and hunting my quotas and I did the kessel run in less than 12 parsecs.

SWTOR feels shallow rushed and to me it's not star wars or even worthy of to be associated with KOTOR.

Instead of just trying to add more "rotoscoped" "jellymold" planets, Bioware take a long hard look at your preddacssor who you slayed and see what good you can take from it. Space, community are two things so badly wrong with this game.
^^ this
BW you downed a star wars boss now loot its epix's and make your self better

Eillack's Avatar


Eillack
09.05.2012 , 02:17 PM | #30
The one thing I found funny was that, when I was with the Rebellion before the Empire, I could solo the Imperial Star Destroyer in....in...my God! I'm starting to forget locations! The one sector that you can go via Rebel, Imperial, or Pirate starbase; it also led to Kessel.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.