Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bring Back White Crystals

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Elfa
08.29.2012 , 07:22 AM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by prestonnjohnson View Post
Look my main point I'm trying to get at is, there are not enough rare awesome items in this game! So it becomes a problem for everyone else that they cannot be unique like some people. Why should some people be more unique than others? Everyone deserves to be unique , they are devoting tons and tons of hours/money just like everyone else. Like I said, THIS IS WHY WE PLAY THE GAME! Doesn't have to be about bringing back the white color crystal, just throw some super rare gear/items every month or extend the crew skills levels maybe so that if you work long/hard enough you'll get that rare sweet gear. That should weed out the average player from the die hard players. Something along those lines.
If everyone's unique, then no one is.
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

AllisonBerryman
08.31.2012 , 10:32 AM | #132 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
I asked Jason Attard (Senior Game Balance Designer) about whether or not we intend to bring the white crystals back. He said that we do intend to make this crystal available again in the future, but we do want it to remain very rare even when we do.

DarthTHC
08.31.2012 , 10:42 AM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
I asked Jason Attard (Senior Game Balance Designer) about whether or not we intend to bring the white crystals back. He said that we do intend to make this crystal available again in the future, but we do want it to remain very rare even when we do.
It's going to cost upwards of $25 worth of cartel coins then. Maybe even double that. Hopefully it has better stats than the original for that price.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Journeyer
08.31.2012 , 11:21 AM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
It's going to cost upwards of $25 worth of cartel coins then. Maybe even double that. Hopefully it has better stats than the original for that price.
...you just made up a random price, doubled it, and then told us what stats it better have, given the cost...

I sometimes wonder if players get carried away with setting their expectations for this game.
I make useful, game-expanding suggestions.
Holorancor | Food! | Outfit Storage | My Career | Ultimate PvE Solution

DarthTHC
08.31.2012 , 11:50 AM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by Journeyer View Post
...you just made up a random price, doubled it, and then told us what stats it better have, given the cost...

I sometimes wonder if players get carried away with setting their expectations for this game.
It was more predictive than expectation-setting, honestly.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Anzel
08.31.2012 , 01:56 PM | #136
We were told that white crystal would not return for a "long, long time". So I guess that meant for like a month or two until everyone started crying? Can I have my 2.5 million credits back???

"That's a one-time opportunity during patch 1.1.5 that will likely not return for a long, long time."
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=3521820
ANZEL - Master Bounty Hunter - Corbantis Galaxy - 06/23/2003
ANZEL - Bounty Hunter / Mercenary - The Corbantis Legacy - 12/13/2011
ANZEL - SWG EMU - CORE 1 Developer - 06/2006

Bomyne
08.31.2012 , 02:01 PM | #137
but we do want it to remain very rare even when we do.
STOP that. Make some of the crystals themselves rare, but never make the colour rare. Statless colour crystals of every colour should be availiable for credits from a vendor on the fleet.
"Sometimes, The obvious choice is the wrong choice."

DarkAngelGuyver
08.31.2012 , 04:01 PM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by Bomyne View Post
STOP that. Make some of the crystals themselves rare, but never make the colour rare. Statless colour crystals of every colour should be availiable for credits from a vendor on the fleet.
Amen to that. I really dislike when a basic aesthetic choice becomes something that's ultra rare and worth extorting other players over. I don't want a white crystal for uber stats, I don't play the game enough for that to matter, I simply like the color option

RazielHex
08.31.2012 , 04:16 PM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by Journeyer View Post

Poe's Law is in effect.

Cakellene
08.31.2012 , 04:45 PM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by Bomyne View Post
Agreed, we should be able to buy any colour crystal at lvl 10. Make them stat-less if you have to.
What part of Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn don't you understand?