Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Maruader/Sentinel Classes are still overpowered.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Maruader/Sentinel Classes are still overpowered.
 

Neverfar's Avatar


Neverfar
08.31.2012 , 03:25 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Dawginole View Post
LOL at these "I just got facerolled in PvP and am mad and came to the forums to demand swift action to make me better at my class through downgrades to my better competition and upgrades to my own class that I'm still learning how to play" posts.

Sentinels and Marauders drink your tears. They taste so, so good.
Even odds that you complain about pyro spec powertechs.

I tend to groan IRL when I see sents/marauders in group finder, because some of the most obnoxious ignorant people that rush ahead of the tank and generally make ADHD asses of themselves seem to favor the class.

Xerain's Avatar


Xerain
09.01.2012 , 12:50 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Neverfar View Post
Even odds that you complain about pyro spec powertechs.

I tend to groan IRL when I see sents/marauders in group finder, because some of the most obnoxious ignorant people that rush ahead of the tank and generally make ADHD asses of themselves seem to favor the class.
OH yes because you've pve'ed with some baddies of a certain class means they're all bad right... Logic wins your argument.

Kanjir's Avatar


Kanjir
09.02.2012 , 03:37 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
OH yes because you've pve'ed with some baddies of a certain class means they're all bad right... Logic wins your argument.
The funny thing is, I would say I have played with roughly 3 good sentinels out of all the sents/maras ive played with over all my characters over 3 servers. I don't bring sents to my raids anymore because the majority of them are terrible. Keep them OP, at least I know all the noobs are gonna be playing a class I can avoid.

Esproc's Avatar


Esproc
09.03.2012 , 05:03 AM | #34
Oh please, they are fine as they are, we just need to heavy hammer nerf the Kinetic / Darkness tree Shadow / Assassins again
In this Age of Information, Ignorance is a Choice!

SlimsPicken's Avatar


SlimsPicken
09.05.2012 , 04:54 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
Their DPS is fine, however their point defense/surviablity (through their CDs) is way too high.
I am of the opinion that everything on them is working as intended, but that you are right, the survivability - specifically guarded by the force/undying rage is 2 seconds too long duration.

If this power alone was reduced to 3 secs duration instead of 5 I think you would hear alot less nerf calls overall. 2 GCDs max. for godmode.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

TheNegotiator's Avatar


TheNegotiator
09.06.2012 , 09:49 AM | #36
Dps classes are not supposed to have good survivability. BW missed the bus on this basic mechanic of MMO's.

OldRepublicRevan's Avatar


OldRepublicRevan
10.02.2012 , 08:33 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Toweleeeie View Post
Just reading what you typed tells me you are completely clueless on how this class works. So going along with that, you are probably a terrible PvPer bc you dont know what other classes are actually using against you.

My favorite: "have multiple stun moves" Dude, they have the least stuns and no knock backs.

Pro tip: Do not 1v1 them they will kill you every time. That is thier specialty.
I know exactly what I'm fighting. I never seek out a 1v1 with any melee class. You assume too much and know very little.

Blockk's Avatar


Blockk
11.27.2012 , 11:29 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by ZudetGambeous View Post
WoW so many Mara's/Sent's in this thread...

Which is to be expected I guess since 90% of PvP players are now Mara's/Sent's
if 90% are playing Sents/Mara's - then the teams should be pretty even surely

your figures, not mine
The enemy outnumber us a paltry three to one, good odds for any Jedi

Fallerup's Avatar


Fallerup
11.28.2012 , 12:29 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Neverfar View Post
Even odds that you complain about pyro spec powertechs.

I tend to groan IRL when I see sents/marauders in group finder, because some of the most obnoxious ignorant people that rush ahead of the tank and generally make ADHD asses of themselves seem to favor the class.
Amen!
You have no idea, how often I had to suffer, doing dailies (daily HM FP) with all these Marauders, I only have 1 guard and if I get grouped with 2 marauders, I'm totally screwed as a tank, unless they can control their urge to charge. I even went so far as to say "if you charge ahead of me again, I'll kick you" and just after I said that, the marauder charged the boss and I kicked him out :P. Blindness and no sense of self control. That is what most Marauder players have in common. That said, I have grouped with Marauders that didn't do the above things and actually let me pull, they were very good and effective. Everyone should play them like that.
Gagota Class: Arsenal Mercenary
Member Of
Dark Brotherhood
Server: Tomb Of Freedon nadd EU

Petnil's Avatar


Petnil
11.28.2012 , 07:40 AM | #40
As healer i dont heal sentinels that gets agro. Not unless thay get agro of **** that hits me. If the tank decides to taunt then i´ll probably heal the sentinel, after the sentinel lost agro, but as tank i like to let stupid dps die, and by healing stupid dps i´ll get agro when they die.

Honestly sentinel dps in pugs aren´t worse than many others. Well, maybe slightly, but overall there´s an abundance of tunnelvisioned dps. They´re everywhere and in all classes.