Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Community Round-Up: August 29th, 2012

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Round-Up: August 29th, 2012
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods's Avatar


CourtneyWoods
08.29.2012 , 03:18 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey everyone!

Please use this thread to discuss the Community Round-Up as well as nominate any threads, events, or discussions about SWTOR for next week's blog.

You can also PM me any nominations!

Also, as a friendly reminder, the purpose of this blog is not to highlight the most talked about issues on the forums, but fun, interesting, and productive threads outside of General Discussion.

Thanks for staying on topic!
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

iimagiicii's Avatar


iimagiicii
08.29.2012 , 03:37 PM | #2
Still no Jedi Covenant
Back and worse than ever
Cry'sta / Superbeast / Orihime'inoue / Tsu'nade / Ma'dara / Orochi'maru
Jir'aiya / Gregobi

Cr'ysta / Pub'Crysta / Crysta'pub / Gaar'a / O'bito

Erotophobia Legacy

Quinntenfelde's Avatar


Quinntenfelde
08.29.2012 , 03:59 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by iimagiicii View Post
Still no Jedi Covenant
^this

Deewe's Avatar


Deewe
08.29.2012 , 05:19 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
A Thousand Papercuts: In this thread, community members give some great suggestions to improve the game. We have been closely monitoring this thread and compiling their feedback. Some of your suggestions included:

Xenara: “Would love to see a functional Day/Night cycle.”
Darth Milonus: “1. I would like to be able to put my Jedi's hood down
Let's be honest here: this thread is the biggest pile of messy crap that has been posted on the suggestion forum.
  • There's no focus at all on specific topics
  • The way it's disorganized make it so it's not even usable for a brainstorm
  • The OP is the great example of what not to do: say the same thing multiple times in lengthily paragraph without adding anything to your first statement.
  • I did not see anything that hasn't been debated during or even before the beta in much more detailed and focused threads
  • There's no way you can identify the most requested features with this
  • Don't even think of getting the pro and cons in structured discussions.

The only goal I can see this topic achieve is:
  1. Redirect brainless people there to keep the "nonconstructive" feedback in this /dev/null feature and let them rot
  2. Get the bored devs entertained browsing randomly this mess.

That's a shame because there are lots of great topics in the suggestion forums that never got any dev attention nor feedback.

Here's a few examples:

LogicalPremise's Avatar


LogicalPremise
08.29.2012 , 07:24 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Deewe View Post
Let's be honest here: this thread is the biggest pile of messy crap that has been posted on the suggestion forum.
  • There's no focus at all on specific topics
  • The way it's disorganized make it so it's not even usable for a brainstorm
  • The OP is the great example of what not to do: say the same thing multiple times in lengthily paragraph without adding anything to your first statement.
  • I did not see anything that hasn't been debated during or even before the beta in much more detailed and focused threads
  • There's no way you can identify the most requested features with this
  • Don't even think of getting the pro and cons in structured discussions.

The only goal I can see this topic achieve is:
  1. Redirect brainless people there to keep the "nonconstructive" feedback in this /dev/null feature and let them rot
  2. Get the bored devs entertained browsing randomly this mess.

That's a shame because there are lots of great topics in the suggestion forums that never got any dev attention nor feedback.

Here's a few examples:
Ah, but it's perfect, because they can mine it for harmless ideas while avoiding the sort of threads you posted (which I see no gold replies to, lol)

I stopped taking these Community Round Up threads seriously when they never engaged any of the really hard questions people have to which they claim to have no answers.
Majynn - 55 Sith Sorcerer - The Society
Garadan- 53 Sith Juggernaught - VTSU
HARBINGER

CourtneyWoods's Avatar


CourtneyWoods
08.30.2012 , 10:02 AM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by iimagiicii View Post
Still no Jedi Covenant
If you know of any player created events happening on Jedi Covenant, please PM them to me and I will happily include them in next week's Round-Up!

Thanks!
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

CourtneyWoods's Avatar


CourtneyWoods
08.30.2012 , 10:18 AM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Deewe View Post
Let's be honest here: this thread is the biggest pile of messy crap that has been posted on the suggestion forum.
  • There's no focus at all on specific topics
  • The way it's disorganized make it so it's not even usable for a brainstorm
  • The OP is the great example of what not to do: say the same thing multiple times in lengthily paragraph without adding anything to your first statement.
  • I did not see anything that hasn't been debated during or even before the beta in much more detailed and focused threads
  • There's no way you can identify the most requested features with this
  • Don't even think of getting the pro and cons in structured discussions.

The only goal I can see this topic achieve is:
  1. Redirect brainless people there to keep the "nonconstructive" feedback in this /dev/null feature and let them rot
  2. Get the bored devs entertained browsing randomly this mess.

That's a shame because there are lots of great topics in the suggestion forums that never got any dev attention nor feedback.

Here's a few examples:
Hello!

We appreciate all kinds of constructive feedback, and we're always reading the forums to collect it. We chose to highlight this thread this week because it was a great source of feedback on quality of life issues the community is interested in. We can't always comment on individual ideas or suggestions, especially if we don't have any concrete details to share, but the thread we highlighted here and the ones you've shared with us are all great feedback threads! Just because we chose to feature this thread this week doesn't mean we're ignoring others; we just liked to see everyone pitching in with constructive posts. For us, the thread was useful, but so are many of the feedback threads we see, whether they are detailed posts about one suggestion or compilations of minor issues.

Thank you!
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

NwahsNirom's Avatar


NwahsNirom
08.30.2012 , 04:49 PM | #8
Thanks for mentioning Pax Republica's anniversary event!
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
4/4 NiM EC, 10/10 HM DF&DP, 1/5 NiM TFB, 1/5 NiM DF
Prophecy of the Five | Guild Leader | International Guild

Deewe's Avatar


Deewe
08.30.2012 , 07:00 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Hello!

We appreciate all kinds of constructive feedback, and we're always reading the forums to collect it. We chose to highlight this thread this week because it was a great source of feedback on quality of life issues the community is interested in. We can't always comment on individual ideas or suggestions, especially if we don't have any concrete details to share, but the thread we highlighted here and the ones you've shared with us are all great feedback threads! Just because we chose to feature this thread this week doesn't mean we're ignoring others; we just liked to see everyone pitching in with constructive posts. For us, the thread was useful, but so are many of the feedback threads we see, whether they are detailed posts about one suggestion or compilations of minor issues.

Thank you!
First I have to admit I did not expect any feedback. So allow me to /tip_hat for that honest answer.

Then I don't think in its actual state the game can spare that much resources on quality of life features that much, at least the ones you are unaware of and so would need the above topic to highlight them.

There are so many game breaking issues that need some help that it's puzzling, for the least, to see you guys putting an emphasis on such topic, before the others.

Now to be fair, you guys almost never comment any kind of suggestions and even less the detailed ones like I pointed you at.
Now would your executive producer like it so, you'd (the devs, not the mods) find the time to do so. So please (no pun intented) spare us the "We can't always comment on individual ideas or suggestions".

As closure and because you seems to have slightly improved the communication I'd invite you to:
  1. Stop screening the devs and start having them step into the suggestion forums.
  2. Actually answer the most viewed/answered questions. Why not in a meaningful QA and discuss with the players the answers in the following topic.

Before leaving:
I'm not shooting the messenger here. Most of us are pretty much aware you guys can only say what you are allowed to.

Hessen's Avatar


Hessen
08.31.2012 , 04:52 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Deewe View Post
Then I don't think in its actual state the game can spare that much resources on quality of life features that much, at least the ones you are unaware of and so would need the above topic to highlight them.

There are so many game breaking issues that need some help that it's puzzling, for the least, to see you guys putting an emphasis on such topic, before the others.
The things they have highlighted (Day/night cycle, hood down option) are wanted by more people than all of the links that you provided put together.

There aren't game breaking issues at all, you just have a personal want of different issues to be highlighted.

No idea how you can think it's puzzling.