Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is HK-47 on steroids?

Lightmgl
12.19.2011 , 04:13 PM | #1
Seriously whats up with him? We went into the Foundry today all mid 30s and he just completely destroyed us over and over again. He begins spamming his Snipe ability for a good 3000 dmg on random people and we found no way to stop it. It was just completely unhealable. If he hits the same person twice in a row they are just dead before you can heal them up and even if you do manage to keep everyone up your resources dry up fast. In the best case we'd get through the first part of the fight and through the first power core phase but be completely out of cooldowns and just die afterwards.

He was never like this in beta, I don't recall him throwing out some 2500-3000 DPS like that.... Its like we're fighting the level 50 version at level 35.

tbug
12.19.2011 , 04:25 PM | #2
I think its good that some of the boss fights are hard!

Lightmgl
12.19.2011 , 04:34 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by tbug View Post
I think its good that some of the boss fights are hard!
I'm all for hard, but this wasn't healable like this. Even if I had unlimited heat I would not have been able to heal through it, his DPS was about double my HPS spamming my strongest heal nonstop. If he hit the same person twice they went from full health to dead in about 2 seconds.

I remember him sniping in beta, but he would do it occasionally mixing it up with the flamethrower and the knockback. Now hes spamming it non stop after a few seconds into the fight and never using his regular attack, flamethrower, or anything else.

I found it very weird because his damage output was about three times as much as any boss we'd fought previously in any flashpoint. It felt very unusual and in beta we never had any problems like this, he hurt when he had his adds out but not to the point where you couldn't even heal it with cooldowns up.

Maloss
12.19.2011 , 04:50 PM | #4
i agree need tips to beat this guy, is there trick to avoid snipe?

Ashnazg
12.19.2011 , 05:20 PM | #5
HK 47 is iconic, he better be ******.

That said, I remember him sniping non-stop in Beta too, but he only gets 2-3 snipes per phase, no? Giving you time to heal up during the immobile phase

Lightmgl
12.19.2011 , 05:26 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
HK 47 is iconic, he better be ******.

That said, I remember him sniping non-stop in Beta too, but he only gets 2-3 snipes per phase, no? Giving you time to heal up during the immobile phase
He was sniping upwards of 6 or 7 times in a row doing him today.

He would do part 1 normally, flamethrower > knockback > 3 snipes
Teleport, summon adds
Then 7-8 snipes in a row. In the few times we were lucky enough to survive it due to good RNG he would then teleport to the middle and activate the power core. As soon as we freed him he would begin nonstop sniping again. We made sure he was always tanked and always had someone in melee range so that wasn't the issue.

I remember him doing the 2-3 snipes in a row in beta but I don't remember them two shotting people. This was just chains of 3k hits over and over again, if it hit the same person two times in a row it was just game over. When the adds were out on top of the snipes the damage going out was nowhere near healable.

Kinhokdubai
12.19.2011 , 05:34 PM | #7
idd it is hard for a merc healer to heal this fight he does alot of damage but as sith inq healing no problem.

he does usually do the 1shot kill when hes invisible i had a shield on me and still i died with full hp.

FelixBryant
12.20.2011 , 04:18 AM | #8
Killed him no problem. We actually 3 manned him. Pretty nifty fight...wish I could say the same about Revan.

Deviss
12.20.2011 , 04:23 AM | #9
Had party consisted of people with level 31, 31, 32 and 33.

Finally some fight where you did not have to just stand there and press buttons - like the previous one with the Foundry guardian... -,-

Still, it is rather easy. All you have to do is keep adds away from the group if you are tank and heal people that are being targeted by his snipe ability if you are healer, that is all there is.

Sad thing is that while HK-47 is a bit harder, all other bosses are just a tank'n'spank joke. Even Revan was so damn easy. He just got huge health pool but does no dmg at all. This makes fight with him a bit boring.

If you ask me, BioWare should tune up DMG dealt by bosses on all flashpoints imo.
http://lorefreak.com
Only I have been both Fanboy and Hater and found clarity in the Force…
Interviews, debates, reviews, articles and more, all Star Wars related - embrace your inner nerd(i)ness!

Kalutica
12.20.2011 , 07:28 AM | #10
Did this fight 2 days ago, one shot it, 2 of our ppl died but we managed to kill it.