Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Dwindling Dev Tracker

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tuscad
08.21.2012 , 12:11 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Claymaniac View Post
I will say though stupid questions like "Tell us if the game will be shutdown if EA is sold" are just that, stupid.
That is your opinion, don't forget that. It is difficult to know what the terms of a contract might be, especially with LucasArts. One question that really needs to be answered is if Same Gender Romances is still in the works, no information has been given about that in months.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

Tatile
08.21.2012 , 12:20 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Tuscad View Post
That is your opinion, don't forget that. It is difficult to know what the terms of a contract might be, especially with LucasArts. One question that really needs to be answered is if Same Gender Romances is still in the works, no information has been given about that in months.
If you've read Uluain's most recent post in the SGRA thread, they are holding an interesting view on the subject of the Community Team and it's inability to address the question.

I've muted myself on the subject because I become extremely unhelpful when discussing it, but I can say I am glad that the current Forum Moderation team do not read the Fan Fiction forum - I don't want my stories moved into that thread because they involved same sex romances.

Claymaniac
08.21.2012 , 12:48 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Tuscad View Post
The point is decisions of that magnitude aren't taken on a whim and when the whole situation is in such a state of flux, its silly to think that they have already decided on what will happen and let every employee know and given the ok to let the general public know as well. If EA indeed is up for sale, how much sense do you think it makes to let the whole world know that one of its biggest properties will be shut down? Secondly, whose decision do you think it is? Don't you think the buyer would decide? And you seriously expect any potential buyer to tell every EA/Bioware employee what their plans for a property they don't yet own is and give the go ahead to reveal it to everyone when all talks of them buying are very preliminary?

No, it is not stupid, its an extremely stupid question. And raging about dumb questions like these not being answered kinda makes me understand why community reps don't communicate enough.
Skeksis: Jedi Sage on Prophecy of the Five. P5 FTW!!!

iamthehoyden
08.21.2012 , 01:05 PM | #54
No, it is not stupid, its an extremely stupid question. And raging about dumb questions like these not being answered kinda makes me understand why community reps don't communicate enough.
And yet answers are being given on various topics (such as the space missions and HK) which indicates that they are willing to give out information on items that are in development. For my part, I will continue to ask for more communication about what direction this game is going in. While I will be reasonable about what information can be provided, I want to know if the pieces that are coming are going to continue what I like about this game and/or improve what I don't.

I'll say this, the people who want SGRAs have been EXTREMELY patient so far, and it's been appalling to see their requests for the most basic information on whether this element is still in development shunted to the side.

On a good note, thank you Allison Berryman, for your posts today (8 so far). Glad to see things have picked up somewhat.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Tuscad
08.21.2012 , 01:30 PM | #55
. If EA indeed is up for sale, how much sense do you think it makes to let the whole world know that one of its biggest properties will be shut down?
I wasn't saying that they would shut down the property because they wanted to, I was saying they would because they had to in order to sell the company. It doesn't matter the question has been answered and whether you think it is stupid or not is subjective and irrelevant, it is simply your opinion. At the end of the day a question is a question and I found this one to be entirely relevant as I was concerned about what effect it might have on the game.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

Darth-Malice
08.21.2012 , 01:35 PM | #56
Well as the players ask questions or post about things they can't answer because they don't have answers, have been instructed not to answer, or are sensitive subjects and they in there infinite wisdom think its best not to answer I'm sure they'll notice more and more subs dwindle.
||||||||███████████████████████████████)

iamthehoyden
08.21.2012 , 05:12 PM | #57
Updating:
August 8 - 31 posts, 2 housekeeping = 29
August 9 - 15 posts, 1 housekeeping = 14
August 10 - 13 posts, 2 housekeeping = 11
August 11 & 12 - weekend
August 13 - 17 posts, 2 housekeeping = 15
August 14 - 9 posts, 1 housekeeping = 8
August 15 - 8 posts, 2 housekeeping = 6
August 16 - 8 posts, 3 housekeeping = 5
August 17 - 4 posts, 1 housekeeping = 3
August 18 & 19 - weekend
August 20 = 2 posts, 0 housekeeping = 2
August 21 = 9 posts, 1 housekeeping = 8
August 22 - 9 posts, 2 housekeeping = 7

Also, Allison Berryman has been pretty busy today on the forums and answering pm's, which is much appreciated. Today was better than yesterday, and hopefully we'll see that continue.
---------------

iamthehoyden
08.23.2012 , 02:37 PM | #58
August 11 & 12 - weekend
August 18 & 19 - weekend
August 20 = 2 posts, 0 housekeeping = 2
August 21 = 9 posts, 1 housekeeping = 8
August 23 - 2 posts, 0 housekeeping = 2 (so far)
---------------

iamthehoyden
08.28.2012 , 03:04 PM | #59
August 11 & 12 - weekend
August 18 & 19 - weekend
August 20 - 2 posts, 0 housekeeping = 2
August 21 - 9 posts, 1 housekeeping = 8
August 23 - 6 posts, 0 housekeeping = 6
August 24 - 2 posts, 0 housekeeping = 2
August 25 & 26 - weekend
August 27 - 6 posts, 0 housekeeping = 6
August 28 - 8 posts, 1 housekeeping = 7

In the past two weeks, the daily average is 3.7. Let's round it up and make it 4. 4 posts per day. <smh>
---------------

iamthehoyden
08.29.2012 , 01:10 PM | #60
August 11 & 12 - weekend
August 18 & 19 - weekend
August 20 - 2 posts, 0 housekeeping = 2
August 21 - 9 posts, 1 housekeeping = 8
August 23 - 6 posts, 0 housekeeping = 6
August 24 - 2 posts, 0 housekeeping = 2
August 25 & 26 - weekend
August 27 - 6 posts, 0 housekeeping = 6
August 28 - 8 posts, 1 housekeeping = 7
August 29 - 3 (so far)

You know, I was starting to wonder if I should maintain this list or not, but then I noticed today that the Dev Tracker has 1 page. Everything else has been deleted. Lovely. Now why on earth would you get rid of the record of your responses? Is there a good reason?? Cause if there is, I'd like to hear it.

Yes, I believe I'll be keeping this record.
---------------