Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tribute poems

bright_ephemera
08.28.2012 , 06:00 PM | #1
...um, or something.

It is with some trepidation that I gather and repost some of the first creative work I ever did on these forums, an ill-advised series of odes to miscellaneous companions. (Blame this thread.)

Anyway, I'll post some of 'em here, and if you feel like adding yours, please do so I don't feel so alone in this terrible habit!
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

bright_ephemera
08.28.2012 , 06:01 PM | #2
First off, one for Doc, even if none of my characters have ever gone near him:
Spoiler

Don't try to tell me I am alone in getting distracted by Lord Scourge. Please forgive the sophomoric phrasing, sonnets do that to my vocab selection:

Spoiler

A somewhat strained villanelle, but I thought it would be fun to try the form. This one is about Vector, but it really goes out to Crezelle:

Spoiler

And, to finish off the initial awful barrage, here's some fluff for Talos Drellik:

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

bright_ephemera
08.28.2012 , 06:06 PM | #3
Ah-ha! Found Jorgan. Wrote it back before I met the guy, and I have to say, I'm not inclined to take back a word of it.

Spoiler
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

Vesaniae
08.28.2012 , 07:36 PM | #4
Ahaha! I remember reading that thread! Okay, I'll bite...

*15 minutes later*

Alrighty, I wrote a sonnet. For Quinn. And I kind of ripped off Shakespeare, but it's all in the public domain, so whatever. Please note that the speaker of the poem is not me.
Spoiler
Force Lightning: The solution to every problem. Every. Problem.
Afterimages * Walking Penumbral * Like Moths to the Flame
Forever Shenanigans!

bright_ephemera
08.28.2012 , 07:56 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Vesaniae View Post
Ahaha! I remember reading that thread! Okay, I'll bite...

*15 minutes later*

Alrighty, I wrote a sonnet.
o.o Okay, color me jealous! I have yet to get a recognizable sonnet from initial notion to paper...uh, Wordpad...in under an hour.

"Trust" is an interesting element for a final couplet on Quinn. Interesting, indeed. And to get all nerdy, I <3 your solid meter and imagery; this one reads well.
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

kabeone
08.28.2012 , 08:00 PM | #6
I have given up on saying no to Scourge. He (like Pierce) cannot be denied. So have a bad poem. Blame Scourge.
JK End of Chapter 2 through 3 spoilers... yeah.. spoilers in a poem, sad.

Spoiler

Vesaniae
08.28.2012 , 08:10 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
o.o Okay, color me jealous! I have yet to get a recognizable sonnet from initial notion to paper...uh, Wordpad...in under an hour.

"Trust" is an interesting element for a final couplet on Quinn. Interesting, indeed. And to get all nerdy, I <3 your solid meter and imagery; this one reads well.
Don't give me too much credit here, I just took Shakespeare's Sonnet 18 and switched around some of the words.

I was surprised that I managed to do it in under half an hour. Most of that time was spent trying to find a rhyme for "merciless". *grumbles*
Forever Shenanigans!

kabeone
08.28.2012 , 08:34 PM | #8
Don't give me too much credit here, I just took Shakespeare's Sonnet 18 and switched around some of the words.

I was surprised that I managed to do it in under half an hour. Most of that time was spent trying to find a rhyme for "merciless". *grumbles*
I liked it, very nice even if it was about Quinn. :P

Vesaniae
08.28.2012 , 08:45 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
I liked it, very nice even if it was about Quinn. :P
Thank you

Perhaps I should update my signature to read "unabashed Quinn fangirl."

...no, too obvious.
Forever Shenanigans!

bright_ephemera
08.28.2012 , 08:54 PM | #10
Thank you

Perhaps I should update my signature to read "unabashed Quinn fangirl."

...no, too obvious.
I feel more subtle with the four signature lines, "Warrior who is the subject of my first Quinn-centric novella (arcing from loving him to hating him)," "Link to the Warrior fanfic that forms my second Quinn-centric novella (arcing from hating him to loving him)," "thread on which I do nothing but blather about my Warriors and their Quinns," and "statement of unending passionate hatred of Quinn." There is nothing unhealthy or obsessive in this at all. <_< ... >_> Nothing to see here.

kabeone, your ending line pretty much summarizes my dealings from the recruitment of Scourge to endgame. <3
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!