Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Tribute poems


bright_ephemera's Avatar


bright_ephemera
08.28.2012 , 06:00 PM | #1
...um, or something.

It is with some trepidation that I gather and repost some of the first creative work I ever did on these forums, an ill-advised series of odes to miscellaneous companions. (Blame this thread.)

Anyway, I'll post some of 'em here, and if you feel like adding yours, please do so I don't feel so alone in this terrible habit!
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

bright_ephemera's Avatar


bright_ephemera
08.28.2012 , 06:01 PM | #2
First off, one for Doc, even if none of my characters have ever gone near him:
Spoiler



Don't try to tell me I am alone in getting distracted by Lord Scourge. Please forgive the sophomoric phrasing, sonnets do that to my vocab selection:

Spoiler


A somewhat strained villanelle, but I thought it would be fun to try the form. This one is about Vector, but it really goes out to Crezelle:

Spoiler


And, to finish off the initial awful barrage, here's some fluff for Talos Drellik:

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

bright_ephemera's Avatar


bright_ephemera
08.28.2012 , 06:06 PM | #3
Ah-ha! Found Jorgan. Wrote it back before I met the guy, and I have to say, I'm not inclined to take back a word of it.

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Vesaniae's Avatar


Vesaniae
08.28.2012 , 07:36 PM | #4
Ahaha! I remember reading that thread! Okay, I'll bite...

*15 minutes later*

Alrighty, I wrote a sonnet. For Quinn. And I kind of ripped off Shakespeare, but it's all in the public domain, so whatever. Please note that the speaker of the poem is not me.
Spoiler
Serence Legacy Ebon Hawk
There's always lightning.

bright_ephemera's Avatar


bright_ephemera
08.28.2012 , 07:56 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Vesaniae View Post
Ahaha! I remember reading that thread! Okay, I'll bite...

*15 minutes later*

Alrighty, I wrote a sonnet.
o.o Okay, color me jealous! I have yet to get a recognizable sonnet from initial notion to paper...uh, Wordpad...in under an hour.

"Trust" is an interesting element for a final couplet on Quinn. Interesting, indeed. And to get all nerdy, I <3 your solid meter and imagery; this one reads well.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

kabeone's Avatar


kabeone
08.28.2012 , 08:00 PM | #6
I have given up on saying no to Scourge. He (like Pierce) cannot be denied. So have a bad poem. Blame Scourge.
JK End of Chapter 2 through 3 spoilers... yeah.. spoilers in a poem, sad.

Spoiler

Vesaniae's Avatar


Vesaniae
08.28.2012 , 08:10 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
o.o Okay, color me jealous! I have yet to get a recognizable sonnet from initial notion to paper...uh, Wordpad...in under an hour.

"Trust" is an interesting element for a final couplet on Quinn. Interesting, indeed. And to get all nerdy, I <3 your solid meter and imagery; this one reads well.
Don't give me too much credit here, I just took Shakespeare's Sonnet 18 and switched around some of the words.

I was surprised that I managed to do it in under half an hour. Most of that time was spent trying to find a rhyme for "merciless". *grumbles*
Serence Legacy Ebon Hawk
There's always lightning.

kabeone's Avatar


kabeone
08.28.2012 , 08:34 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Vesaniae View Post
Don't give me too much credit here, I just took Shakespeare's Sonnet 18 and switched around some of the words.

I was surprised that I managed to do it in under half an hour. Most of that time was spent trying to find a rhyme for "merciless". *grumbles*
I liked it, very nice even if it was about Quinn. :P

Vesaniae's Avatar


Vesaniae
08.28.2012 , 08:45 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
I liked it, very nice even if it was about Quinn. :P
Thank you

Perhaps I should update my signature to read "unabashed Quinn fangirl."

...no, too obvious.
Serence Legacy Ebon Hawk
There's always lightning.

bright_ephemera's Avatar


bright_ephemera
08.28.2012 , 08:54 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Vesaniae View Post
Thank you

Perhaps I should update my signature to read "unabashed Quinn fangirl."

...no, too obvious.
I feel more subtle with the four signature lines, "Warrior who is the subject of my first Quinn-centric novella (arcing from loving him to hating him)," "Link to the Warrior fanfic that forms my second Quinn-centric novella (arcing from hating him to loving him)," "thread on which I do nothing but blather about my Warriors and their Quinns," and "statement of unending passionate hatred of Quinn." There is nothing unhealthy or obsessive in this at all. <_< ... >_> Nothing to see here.

kabeone, your ending line pretty much summarizes my dealings from the recruitment of Scourge to endgame. <3
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.