Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cleansing

FourPawnBenoni
08.26.2012 , 11:43 AM | #1
So why can't we cleanse internal force effects? The shadow/assassin can cleanse both tech and force internal damage which doesn't make any sense to me. Either we should be able to cleanse all effects or they should not be able to remove internal tech damage.

Gassygunslinger
08.26.2012 , 02:10 PM | #2
The classes are all going to have a bit of variance, with things one can do that the others can't. If I remember correctly, the Sage AOE heal can heal more players. And Commandos will have armor that is a bit better than Scoundrels or Sages. However, Scoundrels get access to cover (healing from cover? Yes please!), stealthy, and (in my opinion) most importantly, TWO CC's.

I also recall that Scoundrel is considered to be the best healer. Not sure if that's true, but it's what I've heard.
Longtime SWG Vet: "Guillemette of Bria" Respect the Smuggler History
Elder Smuggler, Winner of the 5th Anniversary Rebel Painting Contest

Etten of Vrook Lamar.

FourPawnBenoni
08.27.2012 , 04:30 AM | #3
For a healing spec, this isn't as much of an issue because you can easily out heal the dots. However, a dps build has the full channel time, full push back and zero healing bonuses. We need to be able to cleanse. This should be a skill high in the scrapper/df trees to keep the healers from having it.

Stealios
08.27.2012 , 10:23 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by FourPawnBenoni View Post
So why can't we cleanse internal force effects? The shadow/assassin can cleanse both tech and force internal damage which doesn't make any sense to me. Either we should be able to cleanse all effects or they should not be able to remove internal tech damage.
A shadow/Assassin isn't a healer, so what you talking about?

As for sorcs/sages: they can't cleanse tech, only physical & force whereas we can cleanse tech & physical

ElderGlorfindel
08.28.2012 , 03:19 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Stealios View Post
A shadow/Assassin isn't a healer, so what you talking about?

They can cleans with shroud, but scoundrels can with dodge/ evasion. Both of these abilities clear all negative effects except for armor debuffs, not sure about the healing debuffs that mara can leave on you tho.

As for sorcs/sages: they can't cleanse tech, only physical & force whereas we can cleanse tech & physical
In the healing talent trees of all 3 healing ACs a skill point can be used that allows you to cleans force if commando or scoundrel, or cleans tech if you are a sage.

RendValor
08.28.2012 , 03:21 PM | #6
I think the OP is talking about Lucky Dodge, which is a self cleanse that Scoundrels get (hence the comparison with Assassins/Shadows, who also get a similar ability)
The Trayus Legacy - Prophecy of the Five