Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

losdia
08.28.2012 , 02:42 AM | #1021
Quote: Originally Posted by Landerk View Post
And for the record I am FOR the addition of SGRA, would be awsome if I could romance Nadia Grell, but I think its pretty unlikely that companions currently in game will be romancable, if I missed a post that confirmed this for sure them I am sorry, but from what I have read on various posts I think only the new companions will be SGRAble. I dont often hope I am wrong, but this time I do
The actual quote on which companions would have SGRAs was, like everything else BW has ever said on the subject, annoyingly vague. It wasn't really clear if it would only be for new companions (in which case we should all be really pissed about HK being the first of these), or if they were working on adding it to some of the existing companions (the actual language of what was said at the guild conference favored this a little).
"Say, Mike... Did we just do something horribly wrong?"
"Yeah, I think so."
-MST3K, Invasion USA

Leoroc
08.28.2012 , 06:09 AM | #1022
Maybe someone here who has been following it could write a story on the lack of communication and see if Gaygamer.net will run it?

Uluain
08.28.2012 , 12:41 PM | #1023
It's a thought. Again, something I'd do if we were past the 1 year / 6 month spot from the two info drops we have had.

Isn't this thread about due for a new incarnation? Strange how even something like that not happening comes across now as some sort of dire portent.

Maevarr
08.28.2012 , 01:12 PM | #1024
Just dropping in to show my support for the addition of SGRAs. This will definitely influence my decision on whether or not to continue my sub in the future.

Uluain
08.28.2012 , 01:58 PM | #1025
Quote: Originally Posted by Maevarr View Post
Just dropping in to show my support for the addition of SGRAs. This will definitely influence my decision on whether or not to continue my sub in the future.
Thanks for stopping by.

And I hate to say it but yes, the lack of any word on the fate of this content is really very quickly diminishing my willingness to spend money here. The lack of content is already pretty damn tacky from a company that knows better. Treating the issue and those who care about it as if they are of no concern is just a really bad move.

Community team, have you tried hot irons? Some times the old-fashioned ways of extracting information from recluctant sources work best.

iamthehoyden
08.28.2012 , 02:39 PM | #1026
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
Isn't this thread about due for a new incarnation? Strange how even something like that not happening comes across now as some sort of dire portent.
They may have implimented a new policy. If you check out the Short Fic Weekly Challenge thread over in the fan fic section, we're at page 127 currently.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Uluain
08.28.2012 , 03:19 PM | #1027
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
They may have implimented a new policy. If you check out the Short Fic Weekly Challenge thread over in the fan fic section, we're at page 127 currently.
That might explain it, yes. Reading between the lines can be something of a strain, and inferrences can be shaky. Which is, of course, why reliable information is so highly valued.

iamthehoyden
08.28.2012 , 04:44 PM | #1028
That might explain it, yes. Reading between the lines can be something of a strain, and inferrences can be shaky. Which is, of course, why reliable information is so highly valued.
Yeah, it's not been made clear anywhere I've seen that they are, in fact, allowing threads to exceed 100 pages, but at the very least this isn't the only thread that is like that. The communication levels are abysmal and very very frustrating. How hard is it to check with the developers and give you guys an answer?
A. "Yes, it's still in development. Specific features still to be determined."
B. "No, it's no longer in development."
This isn't even an element of the game I would use, and I'm irritated by the silence.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Uluain
08.28.2012 , 06:23 PM | #1029
Mmhmm.

I am torn now between not wanting to make things any more difficult for the Community Team than they already are and the fact that it has only been by making some sort of outrageous fuss away from our one permissible thread here that we have managed to get any sort of news. I am hoping good behavior works, and giving it to September 5 to hear something. That'll be the 6 month mark since we last heard anything. September 13 will be one year since we were told this would be in game... eventually.

For content originally intended at launch and still expected this year, I do not think it's unreasonable to want an update now. Whether this is still in would be something. Far, far better is a reply to those questions which have never been addressed. Unacceptable would be continuing to hear nothing. I will not be investing in any more game time until we do -- gives me a few months more to play, and I will, but this is just absurd.

Maevarr
08.28.2012 , 08:25 PM | #1030
Thanks for stopping by . . . .
I should be thanking you and all the others who keep threads like this running.

Given Bioware's previous games, I'm still kinda disappointed that this was not included right from the start.