Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I MISS SWG, "Jump to Light Speed".

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
I MISS SWG, "Jump to Light Speed".

jarjarloves
08.23.2012 , 07:33 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by djmothra View Post
I miss J2LS as well, looked at the SWGEMU and it looks like you have to have the original CDs...sadly mine are long gone.

Remember, that J2LS was a full paid expansion (when it was first released) perhaps we could hope for something similar here...but alas, i think F2P will just kill it all off.
well it all depends on what their big space project is that they are working on. Obviously they are holding it back till after its going F2P. It could be something similar to JTLS

But my bet is that its more of a X-wing Vs Tie- Fighter instanced arena style space combat.

PeepsMcJuggs
08.23.2012 , 10:32 AM | #12
Every time I hear someone pine over JTL, I get nauseous. A space combat sim using a mouse instead of a flight stick? Blasphemous.
"Making the internet a happier place, one infraction at a time."

Rancortick
08.23.2012 , 10:35 AM | #13
While I would love something like JTL or even better something like TIE-Fighter, what I miss most are the BIG planets, where you could just run around and explore. I also miss that the planets where more unversal for different leveled players. While there were high-level planets, there was always somethig to do on the lower level planets when you were maxxed out, like Krayt hunting...

Eillack
08.24.2012 , 02:59 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
that sounds like the worst idea ever. Talk about unbalaneced PVP
You had to have a certain config on PvP on / a certain area during the final event allowed this. I had my speeder blown while going across a lake then an Adv. X-win finishing the job while I tried to swim onto land haha. IF you never played it you would think it's unbalanced, but there were only small instances that could be considred unbalanced. You could shoot down other player ships remember.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Kaisernick
08.24.2012 , 06:18 PM | #15
i would prefer no space combat now if it meant a JTLS style of space combat.

alas i don't think theme park mmos can handle that type of content.

Chaac
08.24.2012 , 08:37 PM | #16
Oh how I miss JTLS. It had so many things going for it. If you were a crafter it opened up a whole new area of crafting possibilities. If you were a PvE'er you could get in your ship and blast some npcs away. If you PvP'd there was some amazing dogfights to be had. If you liked RP it was full of attractions. If you were into your sandbox it was as almost as much fun doing up your ship as it was decorating your house.

JTLS is and will forever be my favourite expansion to any game.
Wedge: "I don't like this notion of dovin basal mines that pursue you."
Han: "Me, either. I'm going to draft a strongly worded letter to the Yuuzhan Vong high commander and insist he stop using them."

Bensonn
08.25.2012 , 12:31 AM | #17
Will someone just put SWTOR out of its misery and bring back SWG! (With JTLS of course )

The single most disappointing software purchase i have ever made.... by far = SWTOR

Hambunctious
08.27.2012 , 05:29 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by PeepsMcJuggs View Post
Every time I hear someone pine over JTL, I get nauseous. A space combat sim using a mouse instead of a flight stick? Blasphemous.
A person could use a mouse if they chose, even though I thought it was clunky.

I used a joystick, personally. You had much finer control with a stick.

crazysam
08.28.2012 , 09:26 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by GimpyPrime View Post
Yep I know exactly how you feel. I am relatively satisfied with ground combat in swtor, but the space combat is awful. Bioware announced some major space project and it got me excited, but it looks like its just new railed space missions which I will never play.

I suspect Bioware will come up with some retarded achievement that can only be unlocked through space combat, forcing the rest of us who hate it to go through it. Similar to them forcing players to play both factions to unlock HK51. Also an fyi to Bioware... forcing players to perform tasks that are not fun defeats the purpose of playing a video game. Challenge is one thing, but wasting players time is just tedious/boring, not challenging.

If they could release a real space expansion I would be swtor for next 5+ years with paid subscription, but what is most likely going to happen is I will be leaving for Planetside 2. I hope it doesn't come to that, but that is for Bioware/EA to decide.

In summary I want
1. Free Flight
2. Space PvP
3. Player owned space stations/Guild owned
4. Allow party members to control ship turrets

But it will never happen...

Also please do not take this as a rant against swtor, I really do like the game. My major complaint is in regards to space combat. And yes I am willing to pay for expansion(s) and subscription. I appreciate the fact that new content costs money to develop.
BW NEVER annonced "major" space combats.

They clearely stated space combat would be only a minor distraction. Idk where you think you are tsaking your facts, but I red everything from BW since the day the game was annonced and that includes everything they said about space combat.

What we have now, is what they told us we would have and in totally fine with that. BW gave us space combat because poeple asked for it and thats already something very nice of the.

ElitehunterDS
08.28.2012 , 10:19 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by crazysam View Post
BW NEVER annonced "major" space combats.

They clearely stated space combat would be only a minor distraction. Idk where you think you are tsaking your facts, but I red everything from BW since the day the game was annonced and that includes everything they said about space combat.

What we have now, is what they told us we would have and in totally fine with that. BW gave us space combat because poeple asked for it and thats already something very nice of the.
They already stated that the new space mission is not part of the "Future of space" project, but guild ship are part of that though.
Retiring from SWTOR August 2013

Sev'ra Level 55 Sith Assassin {Deception spec}
Tempest (Prophecy of the Five)