Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

General Questions

Burritonator
08.23.2012 , 04:02 PM | #1
Hi everyone,

I'm an experienced PvE player, but I'm pretty new to flashpoints and ops. I had a couple of questions.

1. Regarding etiquette, when rolling for equipment, should you only choose "need" if your current character can use the item? Or is it OK to pick need if one of your alts can use the item?

2. I've been using the group finder to join flashpoints. So, when I enter a flashpoint, I make sure I have the [DAILY] mission associated with completing flashpoints. But I usually don't have the mission that you get from the Flashpoint Couriers. Am I missing out on rewards in this case?

Thanks,
Buuritonator

alifaraaz
08.23.2012 , 04:16 PM | #2
I dont know about Question 2, but as for question 1:

Just ask before clicking need Generally, only for the character youre using. Most stuff is Bind on Pickup anyway, so you wouldnt be able to send it. For Bind on Equip gear, just ask if you can need, and if not, go for Greed.

As a general rule, I ask if I can need something even if its for my character. Unless I desperately want it (and its for my char, then I just click it), otherwise I ask purely out of politeness, and am usually answered with "ofcourse "
This is especially true for stuff like rare speeders that drop from some bosses. I ask before clicking, and we usually all agree to click need if we want the speeder.
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

Burritonator
08.27.2012 , 04:13 PM | #3
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to check again and see if anyone knows the answer to my second question. If I queue in group finder for FPs and Ops, am I missing out on rewards if I don't have the quest associated with that FP or Op?

Thanks,
Burritonator

Sambril
08.27.2012 , 06:15 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Burritonator View Post
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to check again and see if anyone knows the answer to my second question. If I queue in group finder for FPs and Ops, am I missing out on rewards if I don't have the quest associated with that FP or Op?

Thanks,
Burritonator
Some flashpoints do have a storyline quest associated with them - taral 5/maelstrom prison on republic side, boarding party/foundry for empire, directive 7, battle of Ilum/false emperor, kaon under siege/lost island. You can pick up the quests on fleet, or at the end of the solo series on Ilum in the case of battle of Ilum/false emperor. They serve to supply a context for the flashpoints and why your character should be doing them. If you at all interested in the stories then you should run the quests and the flashpoints in story mode before using group finder, though the quests don't have a spectular reward.

The level 50 ones have decent gear for a fresh 50, containing purple grade 22 modifications from lesser bosses and xenotech items from the end boss (tionese grade without the set bonus). You will also get some tionese crystals and daily commendations. Doing the story mode version will teach you the layout and some of the fight mechanics without the added headache of enrage timers.

There are similar storyline quests for the operations and they will award a few commendations for tiered gear.

In short I think they are worth doing for story, but you won't miss out on fancy rewards if you don't do them.