Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

16 man ops roster

Haguen
08.27.2012 , 06:50 AM | #1
We are gonna run a 16 man ops soon in my guild i would like to know how many tank i need for them?
Awaken
Guilde francophone #1

STARWOLFSWE
08.27.2012 , 07:07 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Haguen View Post
We are gonna run a 16 man ops soon in my guild i would like to know how many tank i need for them?
Depending on what HM. But for instance EC HM, 3 tank, 4 healers and 9DPS is a normal rooster

Haguen
08.27.2012 , 07:10 AM | #3
thnx figure that much, we are combining 2 8 man into a 16 and i was pretty sure 4 tank would be too much....
Awaken
Guilde francophone #1

Queldallas
08.27.2012 , 07:10 AM | #4
Eternity Vault
1-Tank
3-4- Heal (depends on Equip)
11-12- DDs

Karraggas Palace
2- Tank
4- Heal
10- DDs

(all for Nightmare for sure)

Denova Story

2-Tank
4-Heal
10- DDs

Denova HC

2- Tank (for Kephess 3 are easier)
4- Heal
9-10- DDs (depends on number of Tanks)

alifaraaz
08.27.2012 , 07:33 AM | #5
Yeah, all depends how good your DPS are. The better they are the more tanks you can afford to take. 3 tanks in EC HM makes quite a few of the fights a bit easier to deal with, but requires the dps to be doing more damage to reach the enrage timers etc.
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

Mavery
08.27.2012 , 12:44 PM | #6
More DPS are never a bad thing. Quite the contrary.

This is what I would reccomend for a 16-man Ops roster.

2 tanks
4 healers
10 DPS

I would highly recommend that you go with a Vanguard/Guardian and Shadow combination. Vanguard and Shadow being the best combination. Due to the way mechanics work (and how shield/absorb is infinitely superior to defense) Vanguard is the best kinetic/energy tank and Shadow internal/elemental.

The healer combination has much more flexibility. I would go with a 2 tank healer and 2 raid healer combination. Very, very good sages can tank heal, but scoundrels and commandos are so much better. So maximum 2 sages and the remaining two should be commando and scoundrel. I'd recommend avoiding 2 commandos.

As for DPS, the most melees I would run is 3. What we have found in our runs, the less melees in the run, the easier it is to heal. It's quite noticeable. The remaining 7 should be ranged, but I wouldn't add too many commandos. Among the ranged attacks, they have the lowest DPS ceiling.

Haguen
08.27.2012 , 04:18 PM | #7
thnx for all your input really appreciate it !
Awaken
Guilde francophone #1