Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When is someone going to ask the number 1 questions pvpers want to know?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

criminalheretic
08.22.2012 , 01:10 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Not really sure if those would be my number one question(s?) however...if they allowed you to queue more than 4 for non-ranked I can see the flood of QQing on these forums. They already complain about premades why make it worse.
Yeah me and my guildies managed to get both our 4 man teams into the same non-ranked WZ while we were waiting for ranked to pop. We briefly considered /gquiting at the beginning of the match just to lessen the outrage of the poor team that went against us. It was bad. And I genuinely felt bad for our opponents. Crushing pugs is not a recipe for long term WZ population.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

Brool
08.22.2012 , 01:13 PM | #42
My #1 and #2 questions would be

1) When do we get solo ranked queue's

2) when do we get another huttball map
Phalanx
The Harbinger
We are playing a game of rock paper scissors.
Quit asking to nerf rock when you are obviously playing scissors.

AllisonBerryman
08.27.2012 , 03:44 PM | #43 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey everyone! I don't have answers to all the questions in the OP and throughout the thread, but I'll keep them coming as I'm able to. Here are a couple I got answers for after talking to Rob Hinkle (Senior PvP Designer).

Ancient Hypergates will be available in the Ranked Warzones queue as soon as it's in-game; no wait for it to get added.

Regarding queuing as an 8-player team for non-ranked Warzones: We won't say "never," but we don't have plans for this right now. We want to try to keep the regular Warzones competitive in their own right, and allowing full pre-mades to potentially match with a full PUG could be problematic. We'd want to avoid situations like that.

For Ranked Warzones and queuing with less than 8 players: This is something we have plans for, but we haven't announced a timeframe for it (it won't be available in 1.4).

About Season 1: Right now, we have a little more work that needs to be done overall before we're ready to officially kick it off, and I can tell you that it won't be launched as part of 1.4. We'll keep you updated! The PvP game won't be neglected - we do have Ancient Hypergates on the way as well as new PvP gear, and we have a lot more in store for you!

Pistols
08.27.2012 , 03:53 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Regarding queuing as an 8-player team for non-ranked Warzones: We won't say "never," but we don't have plans for this right now. We want to try to keep the regular Warzones competitive in their own right, and allowing full pre-mades to potentially match with a full PUG could be problematic. We'd want to avoid situations like that.

For Ranked Warzones and queuing with less than 8 players: This is something we have plans for, but we haven't announced a timeframe for it (it won't be available in 1.4).

I'm assuming your team is looking at 4 man groups to queue for Rateds and not solo? Can you confirm or deny that solo queue'ing will NOT be available for Ranked?

About Season 1: Right now, we have a little more work that needs to be done overall before we're ready to officially kick it off, and I can tell you that it won't be launched as part of 1.4. We'll keep you updated! The PvP game won't be neglected - we do have Ancient Hypergates on the way as well as new PvP gear, and we have a lot more in store for you!
Not even shocked, see ya in December.

Lord_Karsk
08.27.2012 , 03:59 PM | #45
So during 1.4 timeframe no solo ranked... well well
Also looks like 1.4 will be really light on PvP changes for the better.
And new gear ? the grind we have now is not enough, i dont know but i'm actually
depressed these days when it comes to SWTOR PvP and the unbalanced classes etc.

Pistols
08.27.2012 , 04:07 PM | #46
If Allison is saying that solo queue'ing would be allowed in Ranked (without their own bracket), but 8 man groups not allowed in Regulars, I'm just going to have a big laugh.

Darth_Acherus
08.27.2012 , 04:12 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by troyh View Post
Bioware please answer these short questions

Will there be cross server queueing in 1.4 for rated warzones?
Will there be single player or non 8man queuing for ranked warzones in 1.4?
Will 1.4 kick off Season 1 of ranked warzones?
Will we ever be able to queue with more then 4 into a regular warzone and when?
Will the new warzone, whenever it arrives, be rotated into the ranked warzone queues?
When will be able to queue for the warzones we want? (kinda like the lfg feature)

Optional: Can we have more specifics on the upcoming Vanguard/Pyrotech nerfs?

If Bioware can answer these questions in a timely manner (doubt it), I think it would help restore some confidence in the pvp community.

Side Question: As it stands ranked pvp queues are lacking on most servers which is making the grind for warhero take forever. Will there be any plans of lowering the cost to gear up now that ranked has been a failure?
You forgot the marauder/sentinel nerfs.
Jung Ma - Nariell 50 Sentinel <Alpha Company>
Jung Ma - Alosa 50 Commando <Alpha Company> (Retired)

DarthBloodloss
08.27.2012 , 04:12 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Hey everyone! I don't have answers to all the questions in the OP and throughout the thread, but I'll keep them coming as I'm able to. Here are a couple I got answers for after talking to Rob Hinkle (Senior PvP Designer).

Ancient Hypergates will be available in the Ranked Warzones queue as soon as it's in-game; no wait for it to get added.

Any upcoming class balancing? This is actually affects PvP more than gear or new systems. Instead of asking about nerfs....can I ask if any classes are getting buffed?
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

Deewe
08.27.2012 , 04:43 PM | #49
Sorry OP fail post. It's missing the #1 question:

......World PvP when?

HKtheindomitable
08.27.2012 , 04:45 PM | #50
Bioware please answer these short questions

When will be able to queue for the warzones we want? (kinda like the lfg feature)
Statement: This is the only thing I want to know about. I don't care about what WZ I'm in when grouped with my guild. But when soloing, I'd like to be able to choose what WZ I queue for.

"Optional: Can we have more specifics on the upcoming Vanguard/Pyrotech nerfs?"

Statement: I like how you're asking for this. Because it's ALMOST silly. Vanguard DPS isn't all that powerful anymore. We got our nerf. Powertechs on the other hand... are still really powerful.
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
Casual PVP with Hardcore Determination
Pot5/Ebon Hawk | Justicar | International Guild