Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Terror from Beyond PTS Estimate

alifaraaz
08.21.2012 , 07:30 PM | #1
Hi, I know this has been discussed in previous threads but no answer from any Community team members has been received yet. You guys have been really good in answering a few questions regarding the new gear sets in Terror and whatnot, and were all very anxious to see the Op.

My question is when (roughly) can we expect Terror to be on the PTS? You've pretty much said it will come next month, which as far as I'm concerned means anytime before 30th Sept really.

However with the launch of MoP on the 25th I'd expect it to be released very shortly before then, for no reason other than to keep Swtor raiders attention on swtor. But to achieve a bug free release by then, obviously taking into account that more people will be able to test compared to 1.2 EC, you'll still require a minimum of 3-4 weeks of solid testing no?

Which pretty much means at latest it should be on the PTS by the end of August? I'm not sure if you plan on using its pts launch to counter gw2 release, afterall gw2 is a very PvP orientated game. Nonetheless even what you might call raiders do play other types of content, and using Terror pts would certainly keep some of us fixed or atleast excited for Terror, whether by playing or just watching videos waiting for it to go live.

I don't mean to try and tell you how to do business and when to release content, only that some word on the matter would go a long way. In particular just letting us know Terror "should" hit pts by next weekend or the weekend after etc etc.
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

Karasuko
08.21.2012 , 09:49 PM | #2
Not that ill be hitting the PTS but i'm also quite intrested in the when. I'm wondering fi they've actually been doing alot of internal testing to cut down on the amount of time it will be on the PTS and whether they intend to just suprise us with it.

Putting it on the pts is a great way to catch alot of nasty bugs before it goes live but it does ruin alot of the progression race.

Iwipe
08.22.2012 , 12:18 AM | #3
Internal testing already started, so PTS shouldn't be far off.

http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/commen...terror/c5wox2r

alifaraaz
08.22.2012 , 04:06 AM | #4
Yeah they gotta put it on pts, they said themselves that internal testing can never mimmick the different ways people play, thus never finding some bugs. That and if they plan to put the Nightmare raids on there, arguably the more important progression (if it'd been released early :P ) they they gotta put Terror on there.

And thanks for the link they probably are just doing as much as they can before its 'public ready', hopefully getting rid of most major bugs that no doubt crop up.

Rynis
08.22.2012 , 05:21 AM | #5
All I can say is...I can't wait to start testing it :]

alifaraaz
08.23.2012 , 07:44 PM | #6
Shameless bump, definitely would love to hear some news on this. With GW2 creeping closer, we've had a good handful of people quit swtor until New content or f2p arrives. If they genuinely meant a next month launch it really does need to hit PTS within the next week to get a solid 3-4 weeks testing.

Frankly I'm not going anywhere, but getting impatient, and keeping people together in the meantime is proving challenging.

Also can we expect new character copies to PTS, since the previous copies have significantly worse gear?

AshlaBoga
08.25.2012 , 07:06 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by alifaraaz View Post
Shameless bump, definitely would love to hear some news on this. With GW2 creeping closer, we've had a good handful of people quit swtor until New content or f2p arrives. If they genuinely meant a next month launch it really does need to hit PTS within the next week to get a solid 3-4 weeks testing.

Frankly I'm not going anywhere, but getting impatient, and keeping people together in the meantime is proving challenging.

Also can we expect new character copies to PTS, since the previous copies have significantly worse gear?
Yeah, I suspect they'll give us the ability to copy our geared characters - can't imagine doing HM Terror in Rakata lol.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

JamieM
08.26.2012 , 07:56 AM | #8
So are we likely going to get TFB before we get EC Nightmare? If so, that seems a little weird. Do we know if TFB HM will drop the same 63 level gear as EC Nightmare or will it be the same old Campaign stuff as EC HM?

alifaraaz
08.26.2012 , 09:01 AM | #9
Yeah they said Terror will be coming first.

Terror Storymode will drop Campaign/Blackhole
Terror HM will drop the New tier 63 items.

And yeah EC Nightmare will also drop 63 items and will be used as an alternative source for the next Set, as well as being a challenge.

Edit: Also received a tweet from one of the Community team saying there's no news yet :< Hope we hear something soon!

Envyyyyyyy
08.26.2012 , 11:56 AM | #10
Im really looking forward to an update on this!!!! Just even a window would be great..
Vital (Shadow) Mondavi (Guardian) Midnight (Sage) Lavado (sorcerer) Enviously (Vanguard) Avaya (Operative) Anderson (Sentinel)
Thats No Moon (Founder / GM)