Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ heads to GamesCom 2012

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ heads to GamesCom 2012
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarkSaberMaster
08.14.2012 , 12:48 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by SidneyFault View Post
I said this once and I will say it again.

There is no valid reason this company could ever give this community for skipping Celebration VI. just to remind our so called devs and community managers over there.. There has only been 6 of these. there have only been 6 official star wars conventions since 1977. That is 6 in 35 year. You must have absolutely no idea about Star Wars community if your choosing to skip this. We are not like Trekkies we do not get multiple conventions across the world every year. If you have anything to do with Star Wars and you are not at this then you might as well just end the game now.

WORST MARKETING IDEA IN HISTORY!!!!!

This is the gathering where you would hope to get the interest of the star wars fans and bring them back into the fold. the whole game is on the verge of collapsing and your going to choose to skip this. there was a 4 year gap between celebration V. While these look like they may still continue to happen No one has an idea when or if we will even get another one. So the idea that one of the biggest games in franchise history is CHOOSING to take a pass on this event is flabbergasting.
I will have to agree with this.
Daegeo: (Balance Shadow)
D'aege: (Engineering Sniper)
The Harbinger "Rangers Lead the Way"
Referral link for free stuff

Natman
08.14.2012 , 07:29 PM | #62
Some really good 'new' annoucements at gamescon guys, the whole 5 minutes of recycled stuff, plus a new advert are really getting me excited to play the game...

In all seriousness though, is that really everything?
The Force is a pretty cool guy.

amona
08.19.2012 , 02:29 PM | #63
i like to thank the devs for talking to us fans and alowing us to play a new warzone.

Yogol
08.26.2012 , 05:03 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Fornix View Post
Celebration is also of little interest to gamers, but a thing for star wars fans.
And a Star Wars MMO isn't a thing for Star Wars fans. Got it. /rolls eyes
They didn't even announce that they cancelled, until someone noticed that they took it off the event page and asked.

Anyways... was anything new said at GamesCon2012?
Yogol. Rebel without a cause. Often without a clue too.
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.

Tuscad
08.26.2012 , 10:29 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Yogol View Post
And a Star Wars MMO isn't a thing for Star Wars fans. Got it. /rolls eyes
They didn't even announce that they cancelled, until someone noticed that they took it off the event page and asked.

Anyways... was anything new said at GamesCon2012?
I think it was a rehash of E3.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade