Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What makes your spec fun?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
What makes your spec fun?

tacito
08.24.2012 , 03:46 PM | #1
Hi folks.

I recently thought about what makes me prefer one spec over the other. Is it the underlying mechanics? DoT moves vs. direct damage? But I realized, that no, the biggest difference for me are the "filler" talents. Cooldown reduction on a nifty ability, increased stealth level, that kind of stuff. Things that don't translate into a dps gain or loss, but enhance abilities I like to use.

Does anyone else feel that way? I guess it's only relevant for dealing damage, since you don't get to chose between two or three tank or heal trees. Still, what are the key elements that (for you) put the fun into your spec? Might help others to decide on their next toon, might give some minor feedback to Bioware.

Noobishlord
08.24.2012 , 10:48 PM | #2
While I don't have it yet, I'm looking forward to Unstoppable on my Juggernaut. I love to Force Charge into combat, even if it's not the SMARTEST of moves. Getting a bit of Damage Reduction and Crowd Control immunity, even if for a few precious seconds turns me from merely a Heavy Melee to a Heavy Melee who can stand up to a few more things than most other DPS specs.

I'm also looking forward to picking up Form V (Shien,) if not for its boosts, but because it's a simple, brute-force Form that appeals to me in some way.
Swooping is bad... unless you are the swooper.

bobmcbo
08.25.2012 , 08:23 PM | #3
I really like the little things like building rage/venting heat when you get hit with a cc. I've tried all the classes, and I have to say I really like ataru (or however it's spelled) form- no matter how much people say it sucks. It's just something about direct, high speed, high-impact damage that I love so much more than my old operative gameplay of "set up DoTs, then kite the rest of the fight"
OMG! Imperial ships can get a .00008% power increase! Nerf the empire!