Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game crash when selecting Tavus' Ship in Galaxy Map

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Game crash when selecting Tavus' Ship in Galaxy Map
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

openglpope
08.25.2012 , 07:55 PM | #1
Hello, I'm on the part of the Trooper class quest where I have to go to Tavus' Ship to recover the stolen cloaking generator. However, when I navigate through the Galaxy Map and select the Space Station icon that is Tavus' Ship, the location summary screen shows and the game crashes.

For information:

DxDiag
Spoiler

Reliability Reports for the last three crashes:
Latest:
Spoiler

Previous:
Spoiler

Previous:
Spoiler

Client Logs:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Mandiaru
08.25.2012 , 08:02 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings openglpope,

The issue you are describing might be due to corrupted files in your Star Wars: The Old Republic game data. I would advise to run the repair function located in the lower left hand side of your launcher by clicking on the cog symbol and choosing ''Repair'' (please note that you must be logged into the Launcher to do this).

Please let me know should your issue still persist afterwards and I will be more than happy to help you out further .

Thank you.
Mandiaru | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

openglpope
08.25.2012 , 08:04 PM | #3
Ok, I will affect the repair now.

To answer your second question, the game freezes and the Windows "program has stopped responding" error pops up.

openglpope
08.25.2012 , 08:13 PM | #4
Tried the repair. Not sure if it looked like it did much other than scan. Logged in and attempted to go to Tavus' Ship again and still crashed.

Reliability Report:
Spoiler

Client Log:
Spoiler

Mandiaru
08.25.2012 , 08:35 PM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi again,

Thank you for coming back to us.

From digging through your logs (thank you for providing them!) it seems that your graphics card drivers are crashing.

That being said I would recommend to uninstall them and make a clean reinstall of the latest version. To get the latest version you can (for example) visit the following website: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Again, please let me know should you still experience difficulties with the game afterwards!

Thanks.

openglpope
08.25.2012 , 09:01 PM | #6
Looks like reloading the graphics driver did the trick. Thank you very much.

Mandiaru
08.25.2012 , 09:06 PM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
You are very welcome.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if there is anything else we can offer assistance with.