Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Farming low level mats on lvl50 impossible?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Farming low level mats on lvl50 impossible?

finelinebob
08.25.2012 , 03:21 AM | #11
IIRC, droids never gave more than 2 of a metal OR a compound; never both. Certainly not after 1.1. I've been doing scavenging since EGA and never recall them giving more than that. The big problem with Coruscant for scavenging aluminum is that there are no rich areas with a high concentration of aluminum nodes so you have to take out strong/elite droids to make your time worthwhile.

The Endar Spire Crash Site east of Aurek Base on Republic Taris is fairly rich in bronzium, but often those nodes will spawn aluminum as well. I was just there farming today and I'd guess I hit about 50% bronzium, 35% aluminum, 10% chanlon and 5% desh.
Jedi Guardian JonBonJovi'wan
"Wanted: Dead or Alive"
Defenders of Monkeys - Prophecy of the Five
DatacronHunter's Video Guides to Datacrons | Datacron Spreadsheet

theStirge
08.25.2012 , 11:58 AM | #12
Yeah, at release when you scavenged a droid, it returned exactly the same mats you would get from an actual node. They nerfed it very quickly, I just couldn't remember how quickly, but apparently it was in 1.1.

And that's odd about no good Tier 1.5 scavenging spot on Coruscant. There's only one good route on Dromund Kaas, right in front of the Dark Temple, so I assumed there must be a route somewhere on Coruscant.
The n'Sappho Legacy, The Harbinger
Zel'eena, 55 Combat Sentinel
Eleeta, 55 Medic Operative; Fer'eerra, 55 Lightning Sorcerer
All Chiss, all the time, all day, forever.

Cleet_Xia
08.25.2012 , 02:06 PM | #13
If you're looking for Chanlon - try the first 2 areas on Nar Shadaa. (Nikto & red Light sector for reps) (Duros & correlian for Imps)

But seriously, if you want some fast stacks of lowbie mats.
Step I
take 3 toons with 6 high effection companions - reset their gathering or mission skill to whatever - (gets rid of grade selection)
Step II
set all comps on toon to run a misison - log to the next
Step III
"................................................. .................................................. .."
Step IV
"................................................. .................................................. ."
Step V
go to step II

The missions are so short for grade 1 mats that by the time you log back to the first toon, the missions are complete. For grade 2-4 mats you just do a space mission, or two as part of each cycle. This is what you do if you don't have 3 50's grinding away. When you complete the space dailies for 1 toon, just go to the next, or move on to doing planet dailies.

I run all the missions, just to keep the list refreshing without having to change zones. When you're done, you just dump the junk for whatever credits you can get. Often, I just sell it to a vender, which actually recovers the full mission cost for most items & mats. The exception being the blue augment components from slicing ~ this stuff is truely garbage.

This ends up being a fast way to farm for mats. It breaks up my space missions. The higher space missions more than pay all the mission costs. And after a few rounds of this I've got the comms for some grade 7 mat boxes from the fleet comm vender. It certainly isn't any more grindy than running all over a planet looking for mats.

It doesn't take long to regrind skills on a developed toon. Grade 6 missions unlock again at 340. 35 missions per companion will get you back to where you were. I like to do it this way, because i'm always short lowbie mats for most of my toons, regrinding my skills simplifies the mission selection pane. I don't bother reading the mission descriptions, or picking a mission level- just click and go.
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~

finelinebob
08.25.2012 , 07:04 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by theStirge View Post
Yeah, at release when you scavenged a droid, it returned exactly the same mats you would get from an actual node. They nerfed it very quickly, I just couldn't remember how quickly, but apparently it was in 1.1.

And that's odd about no good Tier 1.5 scavenging spot on Coruscant. There's only one good route on Dromund Kaas, right in front of the Dark Temple, so I assumed there must be a route somewhere on Coruscant.
Ah, yeah, I remember now. It was the same at launch. Guess they had to nerf it because scavenging nodes give a ton of mats compared to other gathering nodes. So, instead of fixing the other skills, scavenging got the nerf.
Jedi Guardian JonBonJovi'wan
"Wanted: Dead or Alive"
Defenders of Monkeys - Prophecy of the Five
DatacronHunter's Video Guides to Datacrons | Datacron Spreadsheet