Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

please - harsher penalties for bailers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
please - harsher penalties for bailers

DoguMCM
08.25.2012 , 02:37 PM | #1
I would like to advocate for harsher penalties for players who drop early from WZs. I realize there are occasions when people will have a connection issue, etc., but this seems to be the tiny fraction compared to those who drop out at the first sign of adversity, handicapping their team's chance to win in the shorthanded situation until a replacement enters.

It should be relatively easy to monitor players who are doing this consistently. I heard someone suggest a "cowardice score" that could work similarly to social points, by building up increasingly harsher penalties (such as length of ban times) for players who are dropping out.

Thank you for your consideration.

Order-Sixty-Six
08.25.2012 , 03:02 PM | #2
I suggest castration.
Warlord Icuii Isa'Baddie of The Shadowlands.
Shadow | ( 27 0 14 )
Retired, PvP Veteran Status yea? May check back in on swtor when f2p hits or something, idk.

Ramtar
08.25.2012 , 05:20 PM | #3
change the Daily 6 to 'Completed' not 'Played'.

Completed means: final screen shows Victory or Defeat and that counts on the Daily 6, and not punching out before the end to get a count to the Daily 6 as it is now.

Weekly keeps track of your wins for the 9; So why not do this for the Daily?

Ssfbistimg
08.25.2012 , 06:46 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DoguMCM View Post
I would like to advocate for harsher penalties for players who drop early from WZs. I realize there are occasions when people will have a connection issue, etc., but this seems to be the tiny fraction compared to those who drop out at the first sign of adversity, handicapping their team's chance to win in the shorthanded situation until a replacement enters.

It should be relatively easy to monitor players who are doing this consistently. I heard someone suggest a "cowardice score" that could work similarly to social points, by building up increasingly harsher penalties (such as length of ban times) for players who are dropping out.

Thank you for your consideration.
How bout harsher penalties for the quitters who stay. i could give a rats a-s-s about those who quit and leave. make all the pantywaists who hide from the enemy never be allowed to queue up again.

SweetOldBob
08.25.2012 , 06:55 PM | #5
I hear you, I feel your pain, but I have starting quitting ACW as soon as it comes up, because I hate that people give up and farm medals at your one controlled node at the drop of a hat. I don't want to hang around for 15 minutes hating life or repeatedly charging 1 v 4 into a node.

[Edit]
The post above mine has it exactly right. I really, really hate people who give up but hang out in the WZ. It has made ACW almost impossible to bear on the Pub side, at host "Prophecy of the Five".
Sometimes you have to roll a hard six.

Obed, lvl 50 VR 83 Commando,
Dothan, lvl 50 VR 74 Sentinel

getdownsb
08.25.2012 , 07:00 PM | #6
Please, harsher penalties for bad players.
Rincon
Helm of Graush

Xenotoxic
08.25.2012 , 07:35 PM | #7
How about not punishing the quitters? I'm dead serious. Instead, reward the people that stayed behind to complete the warzone.

Reward:
20 normal warzone comms for the loser with the quitters. (reason: winning team gets plenty of comms and should not get extra for quitters.)

To avoid abuse:
-People that leave during preparation (count down to beginning of match) do not trigger this effect.
-Grouped players leaving does not trigger this effect unless all of those group members leave.
-Does not apply to 2 same-guild premades that happen to get matched into the same warzone.
-This effect does not apply to people that come into a warzone late. (reason: they already get quick WZ comms).

Can anyone think of any other ways this could be abused for easy comms?

BradTheImpaler
08.25.2012 , 07:51 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by getdownsb View Post
Please, harsher penalties for bad players.
Yeah, and trolls/flamers who go ballistic at friendly advice. I'm not one of those people who sits back and orders other players around and thinks typing in all caps will fix everything. In fact I can't stand them. But when you leave me, only in mediocre PvP gear, alone to guard a turret by myself, and act like a brat when I suggest that it's pointless to leave one guard (time and time again I've seen this---one person stays behind to call out "incoming", which is all but useless by the time the enemy team storms the spot and grabs the turret), it's pretty annoying. When you get a turret, don't give it up so easily, unless it leaves another one poorly guarded by the enemy. Pretty simple.

As for the penalties for bailing, though, I don't think that's the best idea on it's own. Won't that just encourage the wrong sort of unmotivated, poor team player to stay in? Let them bail and someone who actually helps out replace them. Yeah, maybe ideally game mechanics could force people to stay and do what they should be doing, but for some players you just have to leave room for replacements instead of discouraging them.

EDIT: I love the above idea. Positive reinforcement which has a lot of room, as opposed to negative which is limited in how far it can go.
In the Imperial Army, it takes more courage to retreat than to advance.

SneiK
08.25.2012 , 09:14 PM | #9
Most players are just looking for that warzone they want to play.

First: Give us the ability to choose the warzone (at least in normals)

Second: Improve the matchmaking, so the teams will be more equal in terms of gear/classes.

Third: Harsher penalties for bailers (like a 15min penalty to queue)

Oh, and reconnect feature is a must have as well.

nellosmomishot
08.25.2012 , 09:36 PM | #10
Just make a feature where whenever you drop from a warzone (DC, quit whatever) you can only reconnect to the warzone you left. That way quitters can't leave and join a new game because they'll wind up right back in the one they quit. Plus when people DC during a ranked game they could get back in and not lose rating.
Nellosmomishot - 55 Sage (Seer)
<Intrepid>
U'should Unsub - 55 Guardian (Defense)
<Adroit>