Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So are light side sith still sith?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
So are light side sith still sith?

Hiddenman
07.28.2012 , 01:27 PM | #31
I think your still sith in a way, (a slight spoiler alert about LS jaesa) On your first convo she asks about her role as an apprentice and you have the choice to tell her to pretend about the darkside. Then she/ you(cant remember) will say that the repubic has been hammering away from the outside when, you will be able to take it down from the inside.
Ace Squadron -Defenders of peace

A jedi does whats right, not what he thinks is right!

Maaruin
07.28.2012 , 02:45 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by grandmthethird View Post
in star wars a light side sith would end up in the same place as Keleth-Ur
Yes. Which makes him a dead, heretic and (in the eyes of the others) weak Sith, but still a Sith
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

EnsignSorrow
07.28.2012 , 05:33 PM | #33
They certainly are not masters of the dark side of the force.
"To be Jedi is to face the truth, and choose. Give off light, or darkness, Padawan. Be a candle, or the night, Padawan: but choose!"

grandmthethird
07.29.2012 , 08:39 AM | #34
as some1 else has pointed out, if not in this thread, then in another.

lightside/darkside choices in this game are silly at best. in a star wars story just because a sith decided to let some1 live rather than kill them, does not amount to then turning to the light, a sith would weigh up a situation, and if there was more to be gained by leaving some1 alive, then that is what they would do.
"Hope has a vicious enemy called fate"

Fyurii
07.29.2012 , 10:54 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by grandmthethird View Post
as some1 else has pointed out, if not in this thread, then in another.

lightside/darkside choices in this game are silly at best. in a star wars story just because a sith decided to let some1 live rather than kill them, does not amount to then turning to the light, a sith would weigh up a situation, and if there was more to be gained by leaving some1 alive, then that is what they would do.
Light/Dark choices for Sith characters remind me more of the ones from KoTOR.
Where DS choices always seemed to have you come across as psychotic.
________║≤o≥║___________
/_______TROOPER___≡≡≡≡≡≡≡╡
\_/‾‾‾‾ // ╝‾‾╚▄▄▄▄▄/‾‾‾‾‾

BrandonSM
07.29.2012 , 10:59 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Fyurii View Post
Light/Dark choices for Sith characters remind me more of the ones from KoTOR.
Where DS choices always seemed to have you come across as psychotic.
Your referring to the companions right?

Every time I kill a Guy for DS points, Vette looses her grip. I have to shock her.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

GarfieldJL
07.30.2012 , 04:02 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Imperial Knights..anyone?
If you're referring to post FotJ Imperial Knights, they were not Sith, in fact they had a license to bump of their own Emperor/Empress if he/she fell to the darkside, if they had to.

The Imperial Knights under Emperor Fel's leadership were at worst grey Jedi, but would probably classify as lightside for the most part.

You're confusing Krayt's Sith Empire, with Fel's Empire.

Jedikillar
08.17.2012 , 03:13 PM | #38
well, my sorcerer is lightside and still a sith. she hates the sith and all they stand for. she would defect to the jedi if they wouldnt kill her for all shes done. but shes almost certain they would(not all jedi in this game are lightside, just as not all sith are darkside). so she deals with the sith. she doesnt come out and say she hates the sith in a public broadcast or anything, but she doesnt hide it either, because so what if someone finds out and doesnt like it? she can take em.
There is no emotion, there is peace; Through peace, I gain strength; Through strength, I gain knowledge; Through knowledge, i gain power; Through power, I gain serenity; Through serenity, I gain victory; Through victory, I gain harmony; Through harmony, I find there are no chains, there is the force
Cry Havoc, and let loose the dogs of war!

GodzillaPrime
08.25.2012 , 02:21 PM | #39
The conversation in this thread is actually ironic, considering this is the same conversation that the Jedi and Sith would be talking among themselves as to just who is really a part of their belief system and just who follows it "correctly." This topic is the prime example and answer to exactly how it would be within those two organizations.

There is no black and white when it comes to who is on what side. People are diverse and there will always be differing opinions and morality. You will never find (within any belief, whether religious, scientific, economical, political, or other) two people who feel identically about all issues regarding their organization. There will be the outspoken few who define their personal belief as being the ideal version of their belief and try to hold everyone else to it, judging those who don't fall under their law, but that doesn't make it so.

The person who said to look at today's religions as example were right. The example of Catholics vs. Baptists vs. Lutherans is a bad one though since the latter two are recent branches of the former; it's more like Catholics vs. Judaism vs. Muslim. Their roots go back even further in time, and even though some of the teachings originate from the same religious figures and entities, they do not recognize each other as being a part of the same whole. You can still see this in recent history as well. Jehovah's Witnesses for example, use the same Bible, the same teachings, and are nearly identical to other Christian religions, and yet are not accepted as Christians; yet the Mormon religion which, although also using the Bible, also teach out of an entirely different book than Christians, is yet just now being embraced as Christian primarily because of political reasons.

So this entire thread is the answer itself: there is no one correct answer, because there always will be differing opinions, not just from us on the outside of lore, but from those inside it as well.

Lord_Karsk
08.25.2012 , 02:25 PM | #40
There is no light side sith lol. Just game mecanics.