Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Damage, Tank or Heals?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Damage, Tank or Heals?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Raltar
08.14.2012 , 01:43 AM | #21
I play all three, but currently focus on ranged DPS.

Noobishlord
08.14.2012 , 10:24 AM | #22
In previous MMOs, I often leaned towards a healer. I'm still toying around with the classes some, but I want to get back into healing. After watching a Commando in a Warzone I was in earlier today (I LOVE PvP IN THIS GAME! IT'S SO EXCITING! *SPAZ*) I'm thinking of trying their healing out, though I hear they're more of a "support" healer, they make other healers better. That actually sounds interesting in its own way. I'd be a support class that makes support classes better at their job, while still providing basic support myself.

When not healing, like others, I switch to DPS, where I can relax a bit more. Especially since I don't give a crap about DPS Meters or what-not. As long as I'm alive, the groups alive, and the target's dead, who gives a crap what my DPS was, right?

Or maybe a Scoundrel's healing. It's HoT based, from what I read. Grr... I'm not to sure what to play round with now!
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. With tempered passion I gain knowledge.
With knowledge I gain clarity. With clarity, I will find victory.
And with victory, chains shall be broken.
The Force shall free us all.

gentlepie
08.14.2012 , 05:18 PM | #23
I tend to play Healers. I like being important but not the center of attention. Operative Healer is quite fun. You can cast single target and AoE HoTs while running, DPS support with melee/tech attacks and 3 pretty awesome AoE attacks, stealth and Sap, 2 battle rezzes, party stealth, a sexy voice, I don't know what else. It's well worth playing. I like that it's not just about casting heals, and that's what makes this particular healer class the most fun I've played.

mikebevo
08.15.2012 , 10:45 AM | #24
Never done a healer in a game before TOR, but then again TOR is my first MMO. Never figured it would fit my personality and as I leveled my sawbones it did not fit my personality nor my play style, but once I hit 50 and quit letting my guild talk me into going on HMFP that I still was not geared for, I fell in love with the role. Donít know how I would feel about other healing classes, but I have come to truly love the game play and role of a smuggler sawbones. Love doing a HMFP with a 13K tank, love doing Operations with anyone.

I have also gotten a DPS Shadow to 50, but when I need to take a few fresh 50 guild mates through dailies for the first time, on their first HMFP or SM Ops, I grab my healer. DPS is fun, but I have the healer in my blood now so even when I playing DPS, when I see those group health bars start to drop, Iím wanting to use emergency medpac or underworld medicine. I also want to use legacy dirty kick on the healer when I see them playing a sawbones wrong, but then I remember those days when I first hit 50 with mine.

Also Tanks think they are the leaders, but healers have the real power. We can decided who lives or dies. Tanks think they have that power, but drop aggro and see what happens. I hit escape and live to heal another day.

Exilim
08.18.2012 , 10:34 AM | #25
I prefer damage dealing. I don't like the stress that generally accompanies main tanking or healing. I try to chill when playing my game and stress kills my chill.
I believe in people bombing
I believe in people warring
I believe diseases coming
I believe that's why I'm running

BlackHamit
08.23.2012 , 06:35 AM | #26
I always played as a tank, in most MMOs. And became a tank in SWTOR as well, Sith Juggernaut. But in this game, healing's great role to choose as well. I mean, I loved the sorceror so much.
"I am not a man of words. But I respect the power of words, for that is what transformed me. The words of the Sith Code..." -Darth Bane

Zardac_the_Great
08.25.2012 , 12:21 PM | #27
I love tanking, for some reason. I must have six Guardians across the servers.

I love being the center of attention while my friends annihilate the enemy. Unfortunately, if things suddenly get chaotic, I can lose my mouse and lose track of the fight. I adjust fairly quickly, but sudden, unexpected chaos frazzles me.