Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Security Key - Broken, Lost, etc...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Security Key - Broken, Lost, etc...

Holt
12.19.2011 , 03:14 PM | #1
I got my collector's edition today that comes with the nifty security key.

If I enable the security key for my account, what would the process be for my account to play the game if somehow my security key was damaged, lost, etc...?

My concern is that if I lose it or it becomes broken, I won't be able to play for an extended period of time.

Thanks in advance!

Ridd
12.19.2011 , 03:17 PM | #2
They would have you call customer support so that they can put you on hold for a while then tell you to mail in your id and wait up to 4 days for them to remove it. I am currently having this issue.

Holt
12.19.2011 , 03:30 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Ridd View Post
They would have you call customer support so that they can put you on hold for a while then tell you to mail in your id and wait up to 4 days for them to remove it. I am currently having this issue.
I figured it would be a cumbersome process.

Thanks! I'm not going to enable mine.

Gammingman
12.19.2011 , 03:34 PM | #4
Yeah I read that several days thing and wish I hadn't registered mine. If you could register multiple ones it wouldnt be so bad as I would have loved to have it on my phone or the fob.
Self assigned nerd.

Forgottensun
12.19.2011 , 03:39 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Holt View Post
I figured it would be a cumbersome process.

Thanks! I'm not going to enable mine.
Considering the lack of response and hassle from Support so far I think this is the best option.

Id love to have it enabled just incase but right now the reward is not worth the risk
(▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀|█⟫⟫⟫⟫⟫()⟪⟪⟪⟪⟪█|▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)