Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

bright_ephemera
08.24.2012 , 03:59 PM | #1191
All the best to you, elliotcat. Take care of yourself.

I had actually been hoping to squeeze in another What if? entry this week, a followon to Earthmama's AU wherein a Force-sensitive Mitka attends the Academy with Rylon Niral.

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Striges
08.24.2012 , 04:09 PM | #1192
Quote: Originally Posted by elliotcat View Post
So...have had a very very rough week and am dealing with personal stuff. I feel worse than I have in YEARS...so prompts will probably be a little late. Sorry.
So sorry to hear that. Take care of yourself, Elliotcat, real life comes first. PM incoming.

kabeone
08.24.2012 , 05:33 PM | #1193
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Spoiler
They are so cute together. I like how after every interaction he wonders if it was a good sign or a bad one.

elliotcat
08.24.2012 , 06:56 PM | #1194
Thanks soooo much to everyone for the kind words. It really helped. I just have a lot on my plate right now; my little sister is getting married, I'm trying to find a job, and oh yeah...trying to get good enough grades for medical school! A lot of my schoolmates have been kind of scaring me about how hard organic chemistry is, so I've been really freaked out. It's a lot of stuff to juggle. But I'm hanging in there.

Anyway, I do have new prompts. Striges suggested these so, thank you very much! It's a big help.

FYI, I keep a list in a memo on my iPhone, so if you ever get struck with an idea send it to me and I'll add it to the prompt list.

Week of 8/24/12
Turning Point - Last week we wrote about what life would be like if major events didn't happen. This week, we're writing about major events that DID happen. Pick a particularly important moment for your character, one that solidified their path. Write about what they did and why that moment was crucial.

Worst Day Ever - Everybody has a bad day. So do our characters. Maybe it was in their class story - like getting your ship stolen on your birthday - or maybe it was something that happened before or after. Whether it genuinely was the worst day or your character was just in a bad mood and something happened to make it worse, write about a day that made them call it "the worst day ever".

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"[/SIZE]

SveinEternity
08.24.2012 , 08:30 PM | #1195
Thanks soooo much to everyone for the kind words. It really helped. I just have a lot on my plate right now; my little sister is getting married, I'm trying to find a job, and oh yeah...trying to get good enough grades for medical school! A lot of my schoolmates have been kind of scaring me about how hard organic chemistry is, so I've been really freaked out. It's a lot of stuff to juggle. But I'm hanging in there.

Anyway, I do have new prompts. Striges suggested these so, thank you very much! It's a big help.

FYI, I keep a list in a memo on my iPhone, so if you ever get struck with an idea send it to me and I'll add it to the prompt list.

Week of 8/24/12
Turning Point - Last week we wrote about what life would be like if major events didn't happen. This week, we're writing about major events that DID happen. Pick a particularly important moment for your character, one that solidified their path. Write about what they did and why that moment was crucial.

Worst Day Ever - Everybody has a bad day. So do our characters. Maybe it was in their class story - like getting your ship stolen on your birthday - or maybe it was something that happened before or after. Whether it genuinely was the worst day or your character was just in a bad mood and something happened to make it worse, write about a day that made them call it "the worst day ever".

Yay! I can't wait to get started on these! Also,I'll be praying your grades go good.

@Bright, I really liked this one! It was so awesome! I just really like how real life stuff intertwined with the SW universe! Awesome job!
The Eternity Legacy

elliotcat
08.24.2012 , 09:34 PM | #1196
Worst Day Ever fits in rather nicely with something I've been thinking about this past week...major SI spoilers behind spoiler tag:
Spoiler
So, here's Sith Assassin Meenah playing her part in Meyali Cardani's worst day ever.

Spoiler

notes:
Spoiler

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"[/SIZE]

Striges
08.24.2012 , 10:42 PM | #1197
[So, here's Sith Assassin Meenah playing her part in Meyali Cardani's worst day ever.
Oh oh boy. There's going to be some interesting fireworks going on in there for a while I bet. Though they might get on well in the long run, which is a frightening thought.

elliotcat
08.24.2012 , 10:53 PM | #1198
Quote: Originally Posted by Striges View Post
Oh oh boy. There's going to be some interesting fireworks going on in there for a while I bet. Though they might get on well in the long run, which is a frightening thought.
That's kind of why I wanted to do it that way...they are scarily alike, when it comes down to it.

kabeone
08.25.2012 , 12:18 AM | #1199
Worst Day Ever fits in rather nicely with something I've been thinking about this past week...major SI spoilers behind spoiler tag:
Wow. The best possible punishment without death and/or crude torture.

Absolutely awesome.

bright_ephemera
08.25.2012 , 08:56 AM | #1200
Worst Day Ever fits in rather nicely with something I've been thinking about this past week...

So, here's Sith Assassin Meenah playing her part in Meyali Cardani's worst day ever. ]
The malicious giggles just kept building. Beautiful.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.