Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sick of magenta node farmers. Alderaan nodes are not accessible!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Sick of magenta node farmers. Alderaan nodes are not accessible!

Alec_Fortescue
08.23.2012 , 02:20 PM | #1
I've been trying to get a rough magenta crystal to craft a power Magenta crystal, from the Pilgrim schematic, for a girl. I've been scouring Alderaan for five days now, few times a day. It is almost IMPOSSIBLE to get magenta node anymore on a high pop server. Unless you're one of them campers who leave their alt at nodes spawns and log in almost exactly at the times it respawns. That's what a number of them does on my server. They hoard on crystals to later craft trashy low level magentas and place them on gtn for funny money. Not many people on the Tomb of Freedon Nadd sell rough magentas.

I know all the spots for unusual crystal formations and not being able to get a single one in five days now is really frustrating. Alt-camping the nodes should be dealt with. These few people should not restrict everyone else from being able to get the nodes. I don't want to sit for two hours or more on the node respawn spot, hoping i won't have to compete for it. It's a stupid crystal, come on. Most people able to craft the best versions of it can't do it because neither nodes nor crafting materials aren't available to them anymore because of node campers.

Urael
08.23.2012 , 02:24 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
I've been trying to get a rough magenta crystal to craft a power Magenta crystal, from the Pilgrim schematic, for a girl. I've been scouring Alderaan for five days now, few times a day. It is almost IMPOSSIBLE to get magenta node anymore on a high pop server. Unless you're one of them campers who leave their alt at nodes spawns and log in almost exactly at the times it respawns. That's what a number of them does on my server. They hoard on crystals to later craft trashy low level magentas and place them on gtn for funny money. Not many people on the Tomb of Freedon Nadd sell rough magentas.

I know all the spots for unusual crystal formations and not being able to get a single one in five days now is really frustrating. Alt-camping the nodes should be dealt with. These few people should not restrict everyone else from being able to get the nodes. I don't want to sit for two hours or more on the node respawn spot, hoping i won't have to compete for it. It's a stupid crystal, come on. Most people able to craft the best versions of it can't do it because neither nodes nor crafting materials aren't available to them anymore because of node campers.
Sorry but no. They are willing to WORK the system to obtain the item. You are NOT willing to put forth the same or greater effort to counter your competition. Why should the game be dumbed down further to accomodate your lack of ingenuity?

I would however, agree that "spawn" times for certain aspects of the game need to be rexamined in light of higher populations. This is the analysis that needs to be done, not have EA/BW hand you an item because you can't figure out how to beat your competition to the punch.

niiall
08.23.2012 , 02:27 PM | #3
i had to alt camp them on my server. i think in 2 days i had enough for a colour crystal
Blaidez <Strike Team> GM - Master Dar' nala server

Alec_Fortescue
08.23.2012 , 02:50 PM | #4
It's similar to chest farming, what people got banned for in the past. Many players are prevented from obtaining the content. I am sorry I don't have 5 hours to camp on the spot to get a colour crystal. I wouldn't mind if the node was then sold by them but it's not. Instead they make some useless low-level crystals on this server.

Ingenuity... I said already that I've been on it for five days and wasted a lot of time to get nothing. Alt camping nodes with the timer is ridiculous. I don't want an item handed it, I want to get it but I can't. I'd rather fight some elite spawn (like the one on Ilum) or do anything else that requires effort and grouping up. Alt-camping nodes is dumb.

DarthNovas
08.23.2012 , 07:34 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
It's similar to chest farming, what people got banned for in the past. Many players are prevented from obtaining the content. I am sorry I don't have 5 hours to camp on the spot to get a colour crystal. I wouldn't mind if the node was then sold by them but it's not. Instead they make some useless low-level crystals on this server.
This, if they were actual crafters sitting there crafting for an hour or two then hopping to a GTN terminal selling their stuff then heading back to the node to wait for it to respawn there would be no problem. However we currently have a situation were most if not all the people getting it are most likely AFK using a bot system to get and waste mats that artificers need... That is not cool.
CE owner
Rogueignis - Dalborra

Zipacnaa
08.24.2012 , 02:40 AM | #6
You must be unfortutnate to the extreme. I'm Artifice but stopped collecting as my inventory was at two stacks of 99. That is not from farming but from running around.

STARWOLFSWE
08.24.2012 , 03:04 AM | #7
Well just go online a odd time like early morning or logg out on one respawn place before maintinence and then log on the second it goes online.. other then that use your time doing dailies and but it of GTN =)