Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Looking for anyone's 2 cents on a new Class.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Looking for anyone's 2 cents on a new Class.

Toogeloo
08.22.2012 , 07:09 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Nydus View Post
I'm in the same boat. I've enjoyed all of my classes but the *surprise* was the Imperial Agent, Operative. I picked Operative because everyone else picked sniper, and I picked the darts DPS tree because everyone said it sucked.

It has actually been VERY fun and VERY different from all my other classes.

I'm looking to start up my 5th class. I haven't tried the following: Warrior, Bounty Hunger, Smuggler, Trooper. Any ideas?

- Arcada
Warrior and Trooper are my 2nd and 4th favorite classes. Trooper is really only rewarding if you play Light Side imo. Warrior can swing either Dark or Light, but I found it the most rewarding playing Light Side (almost Revan-esque).

SabreNova
08.22.2012 , 07:21 PM | #12
Not sure how much you've heard about the Consular, specifically the Sage, but here's my 2 cents on it.

Let me preface this by saying that since you've played the IA story line, which is one of the best in the game (if not the best but that's not the point) you might find the Consular story boring since the IA is more action orientated while Consular is more a diplomat/non-violence deal.

Now then, on my opinion.
I liked it. Style was rewarding as a DPS Sage, and in the 1-49 tier of PvP I did VERY well. Easily within top 5, sometimes even top or second, with 8-14 medals each game. PvE wise, content wasn't to hard for me save for certain bosses and heroics, but overall fun. Story wise, its a perspective/opinion thing. Some people I've heard just all out hated the Consular story, and voted it the worst one. I for one, even after playing the Sith Warrior story up till around the start of Act 3, still found it interesting. Its really diplomatic based, as thats what you are for Act 2 and 3-a diplomat to secure the peace. Act 1 is a good bit different, and was probably my personal favorite. Act 2 and 3 were however enjoyable, somewhat humorous, and interesting. Thats what I think at least, a lot of others would have to argue against that. Of course Gameplay wise, most people would agree as a Sage its a nice style of play, plus you can respec as a healer for Ops/FPs/WZs etc. and be able to get into groups/Ranked WZs faster.

Oh and for the story, go LS. DS makes no sense what so ever (Ex. "I helped you out, and you helped me out. We both benefit as does the Republic as a whole! Now what? I KILL YOU! YOU DIE!!"=DS Consular=Wut. While LS is just that without the stupid decision to kill the person, which makes much more sense...)

Just my 2 cents, hope that helped!
The Skysaber Legacy
Master Nihalus Master Akrizios
Agent BartonCaptain ThatchGladiator Novius

Toogeloo
08.22.2012 , 07:42 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by SabreNova View Post
Not sure how much you've heard about the Consular, specifically the Sage, but here's my 2 cents on it.

<snip>

Oh and for the story, go LS. DS makes no sense what so ever (Ex. "I helped you out, and you helped me out. We both benefit as does the Republic as a whole! Now what? I KILL YOU! YOU DIE!!"=DS Consular=Wut. While LS is just that without the stupid decision to kill the person, which makes much more sense...)

Just my 2 cents, hope that helped!
I completely concur on this. Consular is boring, but if you are going to play it... play Light Side. I will also apply this to the Inquisitor story. Again, I found Inquisitor boring, but if you are going to play it... play it Dark Side since Light Side makes almost no sense what so ever.

Muffinrage
08.24.2012 , 02:46 AM | #14
From the ones i tried the jedi knight and sith warrior were pretty nice, as for the knight i went guardian as i didnt feel two lightsabers would work as a republic light side jedi :P and vice versa for SW. Assassin had a mediocre story but the ending is very satisfying at least for me it was.
My allegiance is to the republic, to democracy!