Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Charged Burst auto-cover glitch?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Charged Burst auto-cover glitch?

rickgnyc
08.23.2012 , 06:55 PM | #1
Hi all,

I just recently started playing and made it to level 10 - gunslinger.

When I started playing the game, Charged Burst was mapped to quickslot 3. Prior to level 10, I would have to take cover before I could press the 3 button, otherwise I would get the "required effect not present" message. Well, sometime around level 10, my character started automatically rolling into cover or crouching in place when I pressed the 3 key to activate Charged Burst. It was great, because I didn't need to press a separate key to go into cover. As long as an enemy was selected, pressing 3 the first time would roll me into cover (or crouch in place if no cover was available), and pressing a second time would fire a Charged Burst. I assumed that this new ability was courtesy of leveling-up or some skill that I had purchased.

Well, last night I decided to rearrange my quickslots, and I moved Charged Burst to slot 2. All of a sudden, the auto-cover stopped working. I've since moved things back to their original quickslots - and NOTHING I do brings back the "auto-cover" behavior that I was enjoying.

So, was I experiencing a lucky glitch? I want that behavior back! Pressing one key to enter cover, and then the same key a second time to fire Charged Burst is great. Please let me know if there was some setting that I accidentally screwed up.

Of course I can configure a keyboard macro to accomplish the same effect, but I want to know how and why it was happening on its own.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

-R

Zunayson
08.23.2012 , 07:09 PM | #2
Quote:
So, was I experiencing a lucky glitch? I want that behavior back! Pressing one key to enter cover, and then the same key a second time to fire Charged Burst is great. Please let me know if there was some setting that I accidentally screwed up.
sounds to me that "Take cover" ability was bound to the same ability that Charged Burst was;

You have two action bars: Out of cover, and in cover. These behave the same, but they're different. By default, Take Cover is 2, and Charged Burst is also 2. You can enter cover and then rearrange abilities in cover like you would do to your normal bar out of cover. If you dislike the cover bar altogether, there is a setting in options > preferences that allows you to take cover. Be warned: when you do this, Take cover must be used by the actual key. By default, it's middle mouse wheel push in or F. You can change that at any time also in preferences.

Happy gunslinging.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

rickgnyc
08.23.2012 , 07:33 PM | #3
You, my friend, are a kind soul. That makes perfect sense.

Thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge!

-R