Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do lots of players actually do space missions?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Do lots of players actually do space missions?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AboB
08.23.2012 , 07:49 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Gerandar View Post
until they take it off the rails, nope I won't touch it, if I wanted to play star fox I can just go play star fox.
Also, Pazaak.

Daelda
08.23.2012 , 07:50 AM | #112
I enjoy Space Combat. I find it relaxing, enjoy the XP and the money, I can complete all of the Missions (and almost all of the Bonus Missions) and I enjoy getting all of the Fleet Tokens.
Come read my SWTOR Articles at http://www.TORWars.com -----Follow me on twitter @Daelda

Thoop
08.23.2012 , 08:16 AM | #113
i know of some that have basically leveled up alts almost entirely through AFK macro'd space missions. I'm sure they are to blame for biowares "metrics" that show that people out there actually love the rails, lol

do some class quest, then just before your done for the day set up a rail loop and let it go overnight, easy xp
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
I've been waiting for you, Thoop. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the poster; now *I* am the troll!

WarbNull
08.23.2012 , 08:50 AM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by WookieIsshe View Post
special hardware? a simple joystick or gamepad or a keyboard and mouse is all you need for 3d free flight. Just so you know, the only thing that kept SWG going after SOE screwed the pooch on the ground game there was JTL. If JTL never existed SWG would have died the exact day they changed the game.
That is so true about JTL. That is the main reason I stayed in SWG after both debacles went down. JTL was the only thing it had going for them after SOE messed things up with CU and the even worse NGE.

You know that you had 41 total ships in that game that players could pilot. It makes being locked to one ship in this game a bit sad. Space in this game has a major lack in content. Space in Star Wars is such a major factor that they really need to focus more on the Space Aspect of this game. I dare say this but it is Kind of disgraceful to have such a bland Space Feature for being a Star Wars game. At least that is my opinion.

Quote: Originally Posted by Thoop View Post
i know of some that have basically leveled up alts almost entirely through AFK macro'd space missions. I'm sure they are to blame for biowares "metrics" that show that people out there actually love the rails, lol

do some class quest, then just before your done for the day set up a rail loop and let it go overnight, easy xp
After posting and reading this I had to edit my posting to comment.

It is really sad that people can Macro Space Combat. It shows a lot about how messed up it is. If one can Farm it with a Macro while AFK then it needs to be changed. Again my opinion.
Khai-Kun Legacy Shadowlands
Smuggler Gunslinger Saboteur
Jedi Consular Sage
Bounty Hunter PowerTech Pyrotech

pocketthesaurus
08.23.2012 , 10:19 AM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by christhesithlord View Post
They are actually fun. I do think they got the cinematic feel, in SWG you would often be floating around for 10 minutes. I like these.
YES, THIS!!!

A lot of people say they miss how open space was in SWG, but jumpin' Jesus on a pogo stick!!! I hated how long it took to fly out to a mission and then back. It was BORING.

Shingara
08.23.2012 , 10:22 AM | #116
I would like to see the timer not be a constant, in that i mean there is a max time the mission can run but if you do specific objectives faster then you can finish the mission sooner, doing this i could see them putting in a leaderboard of people who are the best in space.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

AllisonBerryman
08.23.2012 , 03:42 PM | #117 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
To address the question in the title of this thread, I talked to Jonathan Crow, a Gameplay Telemetry Analyst here. The data that we have shows that nearly half of all currently active players have played at least one Space Combat Mission in the past 30 days.

To address another point brought up in the OP, it's important to note that we are working to bring more Space Combat in addition to the many other types of content that players enjoy (including things like the new Operation, Terror from Beyond, and the new Warzone we talked about at Gamescom).

Chaac
08.23.2012 , 03:57 PM | #118
For me the space on this game just doesn't feel right. It's not just being on the rails that I dislike but the actual look of it, it looks almost cartoonish at points and really doesn't have that epic Star Wars feel for me. I liked the space in SWG a fair bit, but my favourite Star Wars space gameplay will always be the Rogue Squadron series, they really nailed it all for me.

For what it's worth I really did try to get into the space combat here, I played multiple missions multiple times hoping I'd enjoy it but it just really isn't my cup of tea, especially not while it remains a rail shooter.
Wedge: "I don't like this notion of dovin basal mines that pursue you."
Han: "Me, either. I'm going to draft a strongly worded letter to the Yuuzhan Vong high commander and insist he stop using them."

willybot
08.23.2012 , 04:08 PM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
To address the question in the title of this thread, I talked to Jonathan Crow, a Gameplay Telemetry Analyst here. The data that we have shows that nearly half of all currently active players have played at least one Space Combat Mission in the past 30 days.
One Space Combat Mission in the past 30 days. I wonder how many of those happened to be the Cartel Listening Station mission over the couple of days the bug was active during the Chevin event.

Killazx
08.23.2012 , 04:10 PM | #120
Ehhh.

They're okay.

I find them extremely boring and difficult
Level 30 Sith Assasin
Level 13 Gunslinger
Sith Lords of The Galaxy