Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

EC Healer Positioning Help ?

mikebevo
08.22.2012 , 02:11 PM | #11
I'm guess that DoT is the reason it is so important for the other healer to throw some heals over to that side when they can? The way we position the fight the other healer and the other tank are usually in my range, mDPS is not. So I do heal both of them when my side is fine or when they have spike damage. Like the healer going from 100% health to 31%. That is the DoT right?

Codek
08.22.2012 , 02:41 PM | #12
The dot is given by one of the bosses (I want to say Zorn) when you get in range of his scream, usually only the tank and possibly the healer will receive this and should be cleansed immediately (has a very bright orange debuff indicator that sticks out in the raid frames).

If this is lingering on healers during the red circles phase, your pushing your luck on survivability. the dot will do around 12k damage total so by cleansing this immediately, your cleanse becomes the equivalent of a 10-12k heal, or you can waste the resources .

Occasionally situations will arrive where the majority of the raid gets this (someone pulled the boss to close to the range or it spawned while everyone is dodging circles). Be sure to call out for DPS to help cleanse in situations like this since the cooldown will inhibit the cleansing of everyone in the raid.
~Codek

mikebevo
08.22.2012 , 03:45 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Codek View Post
The dot is given by one of the bosses (I want to say Zorn) when you get in range of his scream, usually only the tank and possibly the healer will receive this and should be cleansed immediately (has a very bright orange debuff indicator that sticks out in the raid frames).
That is it, you would think the Sage would cleanse that herself, but then again maybe she cleansed the Tank. No clue why she wouldn't yell over vent for me to cleanse her.

Will get it next time. Thank you for the information.

CallumMcManus
08.23.2012 , 03:00 AM | #14
Thanks for all the help appreciated, and it was a bug which made Zorn untauntable in EC so that is why we failed but we done it in the end but good news i finished it last night One shot Vargath and then Kephess 1st go we got him to 2% which was good second was sloppy 3rd done it so wasn't a bad nights work
3 Level 50's Equals More than 10 days worth of playtime ! 5 More to go YEY !

dominius
08.23.2012 , 01:24 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Mc_Gregor View Post
Also, there is no mechanic that makes any of the bosses untauntable.
Zorn is untauntable during his Baradium Toss phase.

Quote: Originally Posted by CallumMcManus View Post
Thanks for all the help appreciated, and it was a bug which made Zorn untauntable in EC so that is why we failed
Zorn is untauntable during his Baradium Toss phase. I'm assuming that is what you are referring to but that is not a bug, it is by design. He stands still and throws rocks at people within 25 metres until that phase ends with Toth's leap.
Guildmaster of
Elitist Isolationists
Website | Forums | The Harbinger
Domineus || Malego || Trotsky || Ava'rus