Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

(HM EC) Defected Imperial Frontliner Buff

Cortic
08.23.2012 , 05:41 AM | #1
The Defected Imperial Front liner's in the trench trash put a buff on themselves that reduces dmg taken by 90%. Now I know that by stunning the mobs prior to 50% they don't have an opportunity to put the buff on. However on the occasion that stuns are still on CD is there any way to remove the buff? I have actually seen this occur where the buff will have a good 10 seconds left and just disappear. I just cant figure out who or what is doing it. Thanks.

alifaraaz
08.23.2012 , 05:46 AM | #2
I'm not aware of any way to remove it, we usually just wait/move ontro next target until the shield's expired. But if there is a way, would love to know
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

Karasuko
08.23.2012 , 06:25 AM | #3
2 ways of dealing with it.
1. Stun at 60%, theyre squishy as anything so theyre normally dead before it wears off.
2.Don't interupt shootfirst as it breaks them from their "stealth"

CitizenFry
08.23.2012 , 08:57 AM | #4
If they finish their "Shoot First" cast, their Vanishing Act breaks. It doesn't hit that hard, so just don't interrupt it.
Crafting on The Ebon Hawk. PST/mail: Blayze (rep) / K'ron (imp)
Armoring: Commando 26, Reflex 26; Barrel: Patron 26
Mod: Weighted 26+26B, Deflecting 26 Enhancement: Bulwark 26, Battle 26, Finesse 26
Ear: Black Hole Mender's MK-2 Relay

KeyboardNinja
08.23.2012 , 09:35 AM | #5
"Shoot First" is the way you get it off them. Unfortunately, this ability *is* bugged and only goes off about 50% of the time. So, quite frequently you will need to let them Shoot First…then let them do it again.

Alternatively, you can get lulzy with them and keep interrupting and stunning them *in* stealth to troll your DPS. That's generally what we do. :-)
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

Khevar
08.23.2012 , 10:14 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post

Alternatively, you can get lulzy with them and keep interrupting and stunning them *in* stealth to troll your DPS. That's generally what we do. :-)
^^^ I laughed IRL on this one.

My group also tells any new people with bring through EC for the first time:

"There's a lore object just outside the trench next to the minefield. You have to jump up the wall then run quickly so you don't get targeted ..."

CitizenFry
08.23.2012 , 11:48 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
^^^ I laughed IRL on this one.

My group also tells any new people with bring through EC for the first time:

"There's a lore object just outside the trench next to the minefield. You have to jump up the wall then run quickly so you don't get targeted ..."
My gunslinger LOVES to Roll Into Cover by going up the wall out of the trench.
Crafting on The Ebon Hawk. PST/mail: Blayze (rep) / K'ron (imp)
Armoring: Commando 26, Reflex 26; Barrel: Patron 26
Mod: Weighted 26+26B, Deflecting 26 Enhancement: Bulwark 26, Battle 26, Finesse 26
Ear: Black Hole Mender's MK-2 Relay