Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Saber Ward/Blade Turning bug

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Saber Ward/Blade Turning bug
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

wutlok
08.21.2012 , 11:58 AM | #1
Well as all jug tank know when we activate Saber Ward ability we get Blade Turning buff that increase our defense to 100% for 2 seconds (3 seconds if you have rakata/campain bonus set) right now Blade Turning dont work at all, i submit a ticket probably 2 weeks ago and the staff told me they are working on the solution but after this maintenance i was sure this bug will be fixed but sadly not, so i ask the develoment team when this is going to be fix. Thanks

Tirvaak
08.23.2012 , 04:15 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi wutlok,

Could you please explain in more detail what you mean by turning blade is not working when saber ward is active?

Thanks.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

wutlok
08.24.2012 , 11:18 AM | #3
Blade Turning-Pasive ability

The first 2 second of Saber Ward grants 100% malee and range defense.

This ability dont work maybe for a month now hope this can be fixed soon, thanks

Tirvaak
08.25.2012 , 02:01 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi wutlok,

Thank you for clarifying that for me but I am familiar with the ability. What I'm trying to figure out is exactly how is it not working for you?

I know that it is tied to Saber Ward but I would need you to explain exactly how it is not working for you?

Thanks.

JFerret
08.25.2012 , 04:26 AM | #5
I just went on my Juggernaught and Guardian, I tested both but got diff results.

On my jugg I have 24.89% def rating, when I pop saber ward I get 174.89%, after 2 secs it drops to 74.89%. Working as intended. (No set bonus).

I then logged on my Campaign/BH/Rakata geared Guardian (who has set bonus) 25.08% def rating and I popped saber ward, it increased to 75.08% I didnt get the Blade Turning passive increase. Not working as intended. Could it be to do with the set bonus?

Tirvaak
08.25.2012 , 04:35 AM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi JFerret,

Thank you for providing that detailed break down for me, it does help to provide a better picture of the problem at hand. It is very strange that there is that much of a difference between gear with a set bonus.

As a test, could you try it again on your Guardian but remove the items that give you the set bonus. This will help us determine if the set bonus is the cause.

Thank you in advance for testing this.

JFerret
08.25.2012 , 04:47 AM | #7
I took all my set bonus gear off and it still didnt happen on my Guardian so set bonus doesnt seem to be the issue.

Tirvaak
08.25.2012 , 06:31 AM | #8 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi JFerret,

Thank you for trying that out for me. I think this is something that we will need to look into further. I would ask if you could log this through the in-game portal as a bug report.

Once you have done this, I will be able to forward the report to the correct department so that it can be investigated further. Please include a brief description of the issue and a link to this thread as most of the necessary details have already been provided.

Once again thank you for your help with this.

JFerret
08.25.2012 , 07:11 AM | #9
I have submitted a bug report ticket no. 6296584

Tirvaak
08.25.2012 , 10:07 AM | #10 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi JFerret,

Thanks for letting me know you have logged this. I just wanted to let you know that this has been sent to the correct department and we will hopefully be able to find out what is going on.

There is a chance that this is just a display issue but it's better to get it looked into.

Thanks.