I want Karagga's hat...

Its rare, its BOP and its locked to 1 random player in the raid hence you cant roll for it.

I know because i just got it recently, and have been pvping with it.

I got some MVP votes because of it too lol

Its rare, its BOP and its locked to 1 random player in the raid hence you cant roll for it.

I know because i just got it recently, and have been pvping with it.

I got some MVP votes because of it too lol

We haven't seen it yet, but by locked i'm assuming you mean on normal mode?

I can't see that being a case in HM/NM unless somebody terrible coded something wrong.

Of course only one person can loot it...it's a drop, there's only one there.

It's comes with no mods in it, so it isn't counted as a green/blue/purple item for loot threshold purposes.

Unless the leader has set the loot threshold to like grey items, the first person who clicks on the boss will get it (if it drops).

Of course only one person can loot it...it's a drop, there's only one there.

It's comes with no mods in it, so it isn't counted as a green/blue/purple item for loot threshold purposes.

Unless the leader has set the loot threshold to like grey items, the first person who clicks on the boss will get it (if it drops).

Thats not true, the way we do loot is to have someone (me) with auto loot turned off go through and click stuff to roll on it. The hat has dropped 3x, twice to the same person, I have never seen it on the boss.

Thats not true, the way we do loot is to have someone (me) with auto loot turned off go through and click stuff to roll on it. The hat has dropped 3x, twice to the same person, I have never seen it on the boss.

well, i've seen it twice...both times i was the group leader.

the first time, I clicked on it thinking it would start a roll for it (this was before master looter was fixed). It went to me instead :/

the second time, I had the loot threshold to the lowest it could go, I clicked on it & gave it out to a raid member.

It is counted as like a white/grey item. Which, unless you have the loot threshold set to the lowest it can go, it is just given out to someone...just like if you are grouped up for dailies or whatever, you don't roll on grey items they are just taken by whoever can loot them right? But if you set the threshold to the lowest, then you can roll for them. It's the exact same thing.

we got one from karagga on a normal mode kill. When the ML'er went to start the roll, it went to them directly - no roll. Others have stated the same happened to them. So what setting, name specific, must loot be set to? As prototype was not low enough, unless it was just a coincidence that the looter would also be awarded it.

we got one from karagga on a normal mode kill. When the ML'er went to start the roll, it went to them directly - no roll. Others have stated the same happened to them. So what setting, name specific, must loot be set to? As prototype was not low enough, unless it was just a coincidence that the looter would also be awarded it.

prototype is blue, without mods in it all oranges are counted as like grey or white items...so yes, prototype is not low enough.

As for what the name for the lowest level is, sorry I'm at work atm and don't remember, but it is the lowest level.

Pretty sure the lowest level is premium.

Maybe using free for all with auto-loot disabled, raid leader opens loot window, sees hat. Then have raid do a /roll and that person then loot hat? Dunno, haven't come across it yet.

Pretty sure the lowest level is premium.

Maybe using free for all with auto-loot disabled, raid leader opens loot window, sees hat. Then have raid do a /roll and that person then loot hat? Dunno, haven't come across it yet.

It looks like this is about the only option to guarantee the person who wants/wins it gets it. I really wish for a super expounded upon Operation UI that includes a highly customizable looting/lotto window. One can hope =/

We have been doing 16man KP a few months now. Slightly higher chance for more loot on 16man.

We have seen the hat drop 1 time. Its ultra rare. It is auto assigned to someone, and no one else can see it on the corpse.

In the case of raid leaders accidentally getting it, I'd be willing to bet it was already assigned to them when they tried to initiate the roll.

We have two on our server (may have more if counting republic but they don't display it so I doubt it). One belongs to me and one dropped for our rival pve guild.

I love my hat. But its bloody rare. Out of all the raids we've done, we have ever only had ONE hat and ONE droid pet drop.

I skimmed what was being said so I decided to put in my experience with the hat.

We've had one drop on HM/NM about every other week. Only one hat has dropped if it did drop. We run with master loot just about every time. The master looter as well as most of the other members were unable to view the hat on the body as other people have said. On occasion people have been able to see the hat, but it was awarded to someone else. Once the hat was awarded to the master looter. To me this means if the master looter won the hat because he was selected to win the hat, not for the reason he was master looter.

I think the drop rate is higher than people might think, however your chance to win it even if it does drop is still only 1/8. This is why it seems so difficult to get.

We did 16m HM KP and the hat dropped. The master looter could not see the hat. One of the officers snuck over and checked the copse while we were still going through everything.

He said "What about the orange hat thats on there?" Everyone told him to quit messing around. He kept asking about a hat.

After all the items were looted off the corpse, along with all commendations, he went and picked up the hat even though it was master looter and he wasn't the ML.

After all the items were looted off the corpse, along with all commendations, he went and picked up the hat even though it was master looter and he wasn't the ML.

I think the confusing part is whether white loot is controlled by ML since the lowest threshhold is premium. The MLs that have received the hat may have also been coincidentally assigned the hat.

Someone could group up with another on a lowbie world and experiment with ML and Normal/Grey items. I would but I'm busy and have no friends. :(

I would theorize that with ML and < Premium items are just RNG assigned since ML is not round robin or free-for-all. Thus I think FFA would be the only way to control distribution of the hat, assuming no one ninjas it.

Of course BioWare can make it simpler by assigning it as an artifact, like the mount, so it can just be rolled on and/or assigned like the other loot.

We have had 3 or 4 hats drop. The same person got every single one of them. His companions enjoy their hats. That person was NOT the masterlooter. Hopefully that'll clear up some of your theories ;)

• 4 months later...

I ran through KP HM twice. Both times Karagga's hat dropped. I was lucky enough to pick up the second hat that dropped. The first time was in a 16 man raid with master looter on. Second time it was Need/Greed so I think depending on what the loot setting is the game may react differently. If the master looter setting was one the looter could just take the hat if he wanted to and leave so I believe bioware made it to where if it is master looter setting it picks someone at random. Just the way I see things.

GL

I have the hat. Won it with my Shadow in HMKP. At that time it was a roll. The sad part is my shadow is a Miraluka and she can't wear the thing at this time. However, it looks really nice on Nadia.

Had I snapped at the time, I would not have rolled for the hat. My smuggler sawbones has done KP HM and SM maybe 20 to 25 times and only seen it drop once. I didn't roll then because I had won it the night before on my shadow.

It is almost as rare as a consular's MH. :p I can joke because it finally dropped for me tonight after months of waiting. :D