Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Round-Up: August 22nd, 2012

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Round-Up: August 22nd, 2012
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
08.22.2012 , 04:27 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey everyone!

Please use this thread to discuss the Community Round-Up as well as nominate any threads, events, or discussions about SWTOR for next week's blog.

You can also PM me any nominations!

Also, as a friendly reminder, the purpose of this blog is not to highlight the most talked about issues on the forums, but fun, interesting, and productive threads outside of General Discussion.

Thanks for staying on topic!
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

iimagiicii
08.22.2012 , 06:18 PM | #2
I don't think Jedi Covenant has been on here since server merges
Back and worse than ever
Cry'sta <Postmortem> Operative
Gen'kai <Postmortem> Mercenary
Superbeast <Postmortem> Juggernaut

Cr'ysta <The Covenant> Scoundrel

Erotophobia Legacy

nikthequick
08.22.2012 , 09:10 PM | #3
What I wanna know and what I think the community wants to know is where do you the developers and staff see this game in 1 years time? I know there has been lots of changeup in the EA/Bioware office recently but with this new F2P path, new content you guys are working on I would really like to know whether this game is worth playing in the long-run.

I would hate to play this game for another year or two to just see it close abruptly or have only 1 new warzones and 2 new flashpoints added in that time. So im asking honestly, as a very on the fence, but hopeful subscriber, what is your game plan/business plan in 1 years time, in 1 year what new changes will we see added and done in the game, where do you see the population, will you add new servers, in general what will be the state of the game in your realistic expectations?

JWillets
08.23.2012 , 01:13 AM | #4
i love how they put up 2 posts about people who enjoyed the event when the overwhelming majority of people gave it 2 thumbs down.

Ardarell_Solo
08.23.2012 , 06:55 AM | #5
Random group members often ask me to skip dialogue und cut sequences in Flashpoint and Operations, I find that irritating. Any chance to implement the option to chose your preference in that regard in the group finder? I'd rather wait longer and have three companions to play with, enjoying the game's atmosphere to the max, than getting a group fast, but then having to rush through everything...

It would be even nicer to have flexible options like
"I expect everyone to skip dialogue & cut scenes"
"I don't care much about dialogue & cut scenes, but have no problem watching them, if everyone else does."
"I want to see all dialogue & cut scenes"

You could even implement a scale, say 1 - 10, and then match players with best corresponding preferences.

Thx for your effort.

PS: Nice game, nice job getting it to that point! Of course there's always room for improvement, but being able to navigate and venture through the Star Wars Universe I find very entertaining. Keep it up!
El'ethon (Sentinel) | Rickmyron (Gunslinger) | Alreegan (Sage)
Craeg (Scoundrel) | Dacs (Commando) | Vayus (Guardian)
<Taking the Jawas to Alderaan> rDD gesucht: -> hier klicken
T3-M4

JonMuckey
08.23.2012 , 11:09 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by nikthequick View Post
What I wanna know and what I think the community wants to know is where do you the developers and staff see this game in 1 years time? I know there has been lots of changeup in the EA/Bioware office recently but with this new F2P path, new content you guys are working on I would really like to know whether this game is worth playing in the long-run.

I would hate to play this game for another year or two to just see it close abruptly or have only 1 new warzones and 2 new flashpoints added in that time. So im asking honestly, as a very on the fence, but hopeful subscriber, what is your game plan/business plan in 1 years time, in 1 year what new changes will we see added and done in the game, where do you see the population, will you add new servers, in general what will be the state of the game in your realistic expectations?
I agree. I would like to know if Bioware developers have time to actually play the game in subscriber's shoes for a few months.

What are the opinions of Bioware developers who actually have played the game (in the shoes of subscribers)?
Do you think this is something that YOU guys/gals would play a year from now?
The First Order @ The Harbinger
Casual PVE Republic guild with Operations progression groups
Guild website | Forum
JonnyMuck (Guardian Tank) | JonnyBravo (Trooper Medic)

RyanRhino
08.23.2012 , 03:53 PM | #7
all this "community" roundup stuff is getting me down... the game is about to draw its terminal breath and they are making out like everything is going great. shut down this update crap until we have some actual news of what you're going to do to keep this game from being the biggest cluster-f in Star Wars history.

Darth-Malice
08.24.2012 , 03:10 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by JWillets View Post
i love how they put up 2 posts about people who enjoyed the event when the overwhelming majority of people gave it 2 thumbs down.
Thats called Fluffing to pretend everything's alright.
||||||||███████████████████████████████)

Perinator
08.24.2012 , 01:35 PM | #9
Time to get new area's (planets what ever) to be able to have new top levels. 60, 70, 80, 90, 100. Want to see new armor.The last treasure hunt you get a pet and some sand people gear. Come on, quit being so cheap. Go through Black Hole EoT and nothing but junk drops, over and over. Need to have wild purple gear drop much more often.

dscount
08.28.2012 , 03:40 AM | #10
Can you explain why we can't Reverse Engineer (RE) Tionese, Columi and Rakata Level Enhancements and Mods? Specifically those with (23), (24), and (25) ratings. Better yet: WHEN can we start doing this?

Armor RE has already been asked, but it seems strange that folks can RE all the (26) level Campaign items but not lower. I've seen 26 Hilts showing up as well.

FYI: The last World Event was not a big success. Sorry, thought it was kinda cool, but not very entertaining. Back and forth to two specific planets and areas is not a real hunt. Try multiple planets (Like 4-5).

#1 issue - You gave out the SAME PET basically that everyone just got the week before a different color. BAD timing and communication at BW on that one.
Sage/Sorc Gate 2013 Combat DEV LOL Responses:
"...you must play defensively and make them pay for trying to kill you."
"...require a higher skill level than many players are comfortable with."