Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do lots of players actually do space missions?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Do lots of players actually do space missions?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AGSThomas
08.22.2012 , 01:08 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Baptes View Post
I play them a lot...until level 40. Those 40+ missions are far too difficult to complete so I don't even bother trying anymore. Many others aside from myself have asked for nerfs (especially Sullust Interception! level 3 upgrades recommended my arse!) for existing 40+ missions, and they want to add HARD MODES?!

Seriously? Development time spent on the least used part of the game that many complain about being too hard at the higher levels and you geniuses waste time and resources to make Hard Modes?!

Wow guys, you are so freaking clueless.
Exactly this.
Med´vh - Deception Assassin (PvP DPS)
D´omedes - Vengeance Juggernaut (PvP DPS)
Server: 5 Prophecies

Thaltom
08.22.2012 , 01:19 PM | #102
I play them a lot...until level 40. Those 40+ missions are far too difficult to complete so I don't even bother trying anymore. Many others aside from myself have asked for nerfs (especially Sullust Interception! level 3 upgrades recommended my arse!) for existing 40+ missions, and they want to add HARD MODES?!.
The level 50 space missions can be done while eating cereal and half asleep. I have done it and I do them maybe three times a week; usually twice. Use your "special weapons" like EMP and power converter module and you will be fine. If you still have trouble then look up a video or two on youtube. That helped me with Operation New Eclipse.

Many others aside from myself have asked for nerfs
[Sarcasm] Something is too hard for maybe half of the players so let's nerf it. Because difficulty = no fun! [/sarcasm]
I only get paid when I survive. I like getting paid.

Monoth
08.22.2012 , 02:10 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Leggomy View Post
I dont because they are simply way too hard at lvl 50. I have all the best stuff (purples) for my ship and still get wiped out on them. I used to when I was lower level but the end game space missions are simply way too hard for too little gain.
You have to install that device that will switch all power to weapons or to shields, you buy it with your space fleet commendations, once you have that you just the 1 key and it will like double your fire power for your weapons, if you activated the shields part of it it regens them pretty fast....

I was always getting killed to until I started using that, made all the difference in the world....

As for the OP question: Ya i did space mission each day, but once I hit 50 and got the title for doing the last space mission I kind of stop doing them... If they put in some new ones and add more stuff we can buy with fleet comm's then I would keep doing them...
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

DarkSaberMaster
08.22.2012 , 02:25 PM | #104
I do them when I need the last 20k+ of xp for that next level on my two characters that I am still leveling when I get tired of getting stun-locked in PvP.
Daegeo: (Balance Shadow) Daege: (AP Powertech)
The Harbinger Thanks for killing Engineer Snipers, Devs
The Jawa's Order
Referral link for free stuff

THREEBEAR
08.22.2012 , 02:38 PM | #105
Rarely anymore. I'll do some if I'm waiting on a crafting result and am on the ship, otherwise nope.

Other people like the space missions so that's good to know, and I hope they're having a blast.

Kissakias
08.22.2012 , 02:39 PM | #106
space missions was a vital XPs for lvl up and is vital for daily coms and still is vital for crafting boxes.
doing them every day none stop if i have time i do and the gray ones for more space coms
Join us and earn gooood rewards using my referral http://www.swtor.com/r/ZvPhZd... Be a suber today!!

crazysam
08.22.2012 , 02:47 PM | #107
I do the 3 high level quests everyday!

Kenage
08.22.2012 , 02:47 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by VulcanLogic View Post
Haven't done them in months. Put some black hole coms as rewards for the new missions, and I'll run them daily.
Fleet comms = Grade 8 mats = (61) mods, armoring, enhs, etc. = BH comms.

Think of it as parallel progression paths.

WookieIsshe
08.22.2012 , 03:00 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by EricJS View Post
Even though I enjoy playing free flight space combat sims, this is what I see as wrong with the idea of free flight space combat in SWTOR. We're talking a minigame here, in a game that's this open to a wide enough range of player skill. When you're talking about wanting special hardware for a minigame, you're taking things too far. I know as many people that don't do space combat because it's too hard as those that don't do it because it has no challenge. Changing space combat to a free flight 3D space sim is just going to mean that there are that many more people in the first category.

I'm all for harder bonus missions. As is, I tend to set goals for myself that go above and beyond what the mission and it's real bonus missions require. There's one bonus mission that I don't consider easy (10 frigate shield generators on a map where there are only 10 frigate shield generators, and you only get one pass on 4 of those shield generators). On the other hand, doing the Drexel sweep and ending with the shuttle at over 80% health does feel like a bit of an achievement in a level appropriate ship, at least for me.

special hardware? a simple joystick or gamepad or a keyboard and mouse is all you need for 3d free flight. Just so you know, the only thing that kept SWG going after SOE screwed the pooch on the ground game there was JTL. If JTL never existed SWG would have died the exact day they changed the game.

LordArtemis
08.22.2012 , 04:30 PM | #110
I don't know. Most people I know don't bother with them. Instead we crank up Battlefront 2. But at least one of my friends love the missions and runs them every day. We make fun of him a bit for it. He can't handle Battlefront.

At any rate, IMO the feature has little to no widespread appeal. Adding more missions is a bit obtuse from my perspective.