Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When is someone going to ask the number 1 questions pvpers want to know?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
When is someone going to ask the number 1 questions pvpers want to know?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

troyh
08.22.2012 , 09:39 AM | #1
Bioware please answer these short questions

Will there be cross server queueing in 1.4 for rated warzones?
Will there be single player or non 8man queuing for ranked warzones in 1.4?
Will 1.4 kick off Season 1 of ranked warzones?
Will we ever be able to queue with more then 4 into a regular warzone and when?
Will the new warzone, whenever it arrives, be rotated into the ranked warzone queues?
When will be able to queue for the warzones we want? (kinda like the lfg feature)

Optional: Can we have more specifics on the upcoming Vanguard/Pyrotech nerfs?

If Bioware can answer these questions in a timely manner (doubt it), I think it would help restore some confidence in the pvp community.

Side Question: As it stands ranked pvp queues are lacking on most servers which is making the grind for warhero take forever. Will there be any plans of lowering the cost to gear up now that ranked has been a failure?
Jedi Covenant ~ Warlörd Legacy ~
<Unicorn Stampede> Troyy 50 Mara ~ T-roy 50 Merc ~ Xtecy 50 OP
Fatman ~ Warlörd Legacy ~ <Aftermath> Tröy 50 Sent
<Companion> Vette 50 Scoundrel ~ Makö 50 Sage ~ Troyy 50 Commando

TUXs
08.22.2012 , 09:44 AM | #2
I'm a PvPer and that is most certainly NOT my #1 question...in fact, it's not even on my list. I don't want more of the same old **edit**! I want REAL PvP...not another reason to go into the same 4 freaking boxes we've had for 8+ months.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

troyh
08.22.2012 , 09:46 AM | #3
They are giving us a new warzone and have stated that they will be bringing out new ones on a more frequent basis so I am satisfied with that info.. but the questions I want to know pertain to the current state of pvp and failure of ranked war zones.
Jedi Covenant ~ Warlörd Legacy ~
<Unicorn Stampede> Troyy 50 Mara ~ T-roy 50 Merc ~ Xtecy 50 OP
Fatman ~ Warlörd Legacy ~ <Aftermath> Tröy 50 Sent
<Companion> Vette 50 Scoundrel ~ Makö 50 Sage ~ Troyy 50 Commando

Andryah
08.22.2012 , 09:47 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I'm a PvPer and that is most certainly NOT my #1 question...in fact, it's not even on my list. I don't want more of the same old **edit**! I want REAL PvP...not another reason to go into the same 4 freaking boxes we've had for 8+ months.
Holy bat excrement.... I'ma agree with TUXs again this morning!

OP, all of your questions are related to faux PvP, not real PvP.

Now, I honestly don't see this game ever having real PvP of any substance. But then again I don't play it for PvP because I knew it was a PvE game when I bought it. There are other games for good PvP, and honestly I don't feel PvE and real PvP coexist very well.
The MMO player would do well to embrace the nature of reality: Everything is relative, a projection based upon a malleable set of universal laws. Reality is an elastic process in which our individual choices play an active role.

Omisri
08.22.2012 , 09:49 AM | #5
World pvp! reward it and people who rolled on a pvp server will have the biggest WZ they could hope for!
drop comms or something...anything... something simple will do so much
Kleck - Jugg Omisri - Maud Aeox - Assassin Meign - Sorc Idep - Stealthy Operative Jacke - Merc
SWTOR - No longer is it like the pain of a full bladder in your car on a long journey, relieved by a hidden service station. But the dissapointment you get when you find out you were not in a car - you were asleep, just wet yourself, and had to pay for new bedding.

Andryah
08.22.2012 , 09:52 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Omisri View Post
World pvp! reward it and people who rolled on a pvp server will have the biggest WZ they could hope for!
drop comms or something...anything... something simple will do so much
World PvP that gives rewards other then the pleasure of the PvP, is still faux PvP as far as I am concerned.

If I have to hand out chicklets to get you to do open world PvP.... something is broken.... the player base.
The MMO player would do well to embrace the nature of reality: Everything is relative, a projection based upon a malleable set of universal laws. Reality is an elastic process in which our individual choices play an active role.

Pistols
08.22.2012 , 09:53 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Holy bat excrement.... I'ma agree with TUXs again this morning!

OP, all of your questions are related to faux PvP, not real PvP.

Now, I honestly don't see this game ever having real PvP of any substance. But then again I don't play it for PvP because I knew it was a PvE game when I bought it. There are other games for good PvP, and honestly I don't feel PvE and real PvP coexist very well.
I'm sorry, what's "real PvP"?

Oh, you mean the lag based zerg fest? Yeah, totally skill based lol.

As to your bolded, I'm just gonna sit back and laugh a little harder.

Omisri
08.22.2012 , 09:54 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
World PvP that gives rewards other then the pleasure of the PvP, is still faux PvP as far as I am concerned.

If I have to hand out chicklets to get you to do open world PvP.... something is broken.... the player base.
It is an incentive. Warzones are the only way to get comms in any pvp form. So if people took on world pvp as their preference they are getting screwed over
Kleck - Jugg Omisri - Maud Aeox - Assassin Meign - Sorc Idep - Stealthy Operative Jacke - Merc
SWTOR - No longer is it like the pain of a full bladder in your car on a long journey, relieved by a hidden service station. But the dissapointment you get when you find out you were not in a car - you were asleep, just wet yourself, and had to pay for new bedding.

Ainew
08.22.2012 , 09:55 AM | #9
Yeah,when can we get really pvp back? Not those objective things with teams and coordination,but zerging and ganking things on planets because REAL pvp is jumping people on a planet not a smaller area of a planet.

The dribble that pours out of some peoples mouths is sickening at times. Explain to me how world pvp is real pvp ? You walk around a planet and kill people. You might say Ilum was terrible but that was world pvp riding around ganking people.

cycao
08.22.2012 , 09:59 AM | #10
Not really sure if those would be my number one question(s?) however...if they allowed you to queue more than 4 for non-ranked I can see the flood of QQing on these forums. They already complain about premades why make it worse.