Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Request for Boss Logs from Tanks

dipstik
08.21.2012 , 11:54 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by CitizenFry View Post
OP: Go to http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/combatlog, click "search by guild", select server "The Ebon Hawk" and type "Wrath of the Forsaken" (no quotes) in the guild field. Should pull up a whole bunch of HM EC runs (and some various other stuff). In particular you probably want to look at Blayze (vanguard tank) and Bitte (shadow tank).
thank you so much. I treid this but couldnt find any tanks I knew.

KeyboardNinja
08.21.2012 , 01:22 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
Weapon/Kinetic DPS Weapon/Internal DPS Tech/Kinetic DPS Tech/Internal DPS

based on my logs, it seems that some weapon damage is 90% and some is 100%. I am not going to try to model for damage bthat requires cooldowns to avoid, because that has nothing to do with our stat weights.
To the best of my knowledge, all weapon attacks have the same accuracy, just as all tech attacks do. Unless bosses get an entirely different set of mathematics to play with (unlikely in the extreme), there's just no way that you could see different accuracies for the same attack type.

As for whether weapon attacks are in fact 90% on all bosses, that's an open question. To the best of my knowledge, no one has compiled enough data to really know for sure.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

dipstik
08.21.2012 , 03:41 PM | #13
you can see that some melee attacks have a higher miss % than others... by 10%...

this is consistent so i dont think its a coinsidince

KeyboardNinja
08.21.2012 , 04:57 PM | #14
you can see that some melee attacks have a higher miss % than others... by 10%...

this is consistent so i dont think its a coinsidince
Maybe I'm missing something when I look at your data, but I don't see anything of the sort. Accounting for your small sample size and the fact that many cooldowns (e.g. Blade Ward, Smoke Grenade and Deflection) increase chance to dodge, I don't see anything statistically significant between miss rates on attacks. Perhaps you could go into your methodology in a little more depth?
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

dipstik
08.21.2012 , 07:12 PM | #15
the primary reason for this thread was to get more data to increase the statistical significance of the study.

eventually i will have 100 hits of data for something like arcing slash etc, which will clear this up a bit more.

but you are saying that anything that says melee or ranged i should assume has a 90% accuracy and anything with a name has eighter 100% accuracy or cannot be defended or absorbed

KeyboardNinja
08.21.2012 , 07:15 PM | #16
but you are saying that anything that says melee or ranged i should assume has a 90% accuracy and anything with a name has eighter 100% accuracy or cannot be defended or absorbed
Yes, I think that's something you can safely assume. The formulae in this game are fairly fixed w.r.t. attack type. I would be very, very surprised if PvE enemies were able to have attack types that hybridize between the two.