Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

kaon question

Fluffycitty
08.21.2012 , 09:07 AM | #1
The cannon event is that supposed to activate without clicking anything? Past 2 runs just walking into the room activates the event.

CitizenFry
08.21.2012 , 09:44 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Fluffycitty View Post
The cannon event is that supposed to activate without clicking anything? Past 2 runs just walking into the room activates the event.
It shouldn't activate until someone touches the turret and/or the explosives.
Crafting on The Ebon Hawk. PST/mail: Blayze (rep) / K'ron (imp)
Armoring: Commando 26, Reflex 26; Barrel: Patron 26
Mod: Weighted 26+26B, Deflecting 26 Enhancement: Bulwark 26, Battle 26, Finesse 26
Ear: Black Hole Mender's MK-2 Relay

DSafana
08.21.2012 , 11:10 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by CitizenFry View Post
It shouldn't activate until someone touches the turret and/or the explosives.
This doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Unless people are lying about it. The last 2 weeks that I have run it, the swarm starts when we get near the wall or attack the group past the wall. It's just easier for the weakest DPS to run the turret and have the tank taunt them into a pile to shoot down. This also leave the tank to keep groups away from the healer. There is almost no time to set up for this fight anymore.

LarryRow
08.21.2012 , 02:39 PM | #4
Let it be known, this phase is starting BEFORE anyone clicks anything.

At first I thought it was itchy clicker fingers on the turret or crate, but lately every time we go for that group past the turret, all heck breaks loose and someone needs to hastily jump on the turret. Nowadays I warn people in /p party chat to expect the phase to start suddenly.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

magi_melcior
08.21.2012 , 02:42 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post

At first I thought it was itchy clicker fingers on the turret or crate, but lately every time we go for that group past the turret, all heck breaks loose and someone needs to hastily jump on the turret. Nowadays I warn people in /p party chat to expect the phase to start suddenly.
How long have you been seeing this happen? Ran Kaon twice last night and didn't see this at all, the mobs only came when someone hit the detonator switch or got in the turret.
As regards the strategy for this fight, a popular (and so far 100% effective, for me) tactic is for everyone, apart from the Tank, to climb up on the abandoned building overlooking the turret (kill the nearby mob first though).
Have the Tank stand by the turret (not get on it) and make sure the healer is in healing range. Then the Tank activates the detonator and jumps into the turret. The Tank then blasts all the incoming Rhakgouls and the healer just focuses on keeping the tank alive, any healer worthy of the title should be able to do that easily. The DPS on the ledge, with the healer, use any ranged attacks to help the Tank gun down the mobs. If any of them has a ranged AoE save it for when the Rhakgouls surround the turret. The mobs will either go after the turret or try and get to the group on the ledge (which they can't reach), occasionally one member of the group my get yanked of the ledge by a Rhakgoul grapple, they should run to the detonator box, close enough to the turret for the Healer to keep them alive, but far enough away not to draw too much attention and get swarmed, they should only try and get back up on the ledge if there are no Rhakgouls trying to attack the players up there.
This is the strategy I have used almost every single time in Kaon (in both hard and Story Mode), the only time we've ever wiped at this stage is when someone else apart from me (I'm the Tank btw) jumped into the turret before we have chance to get in position.
ASHES OF THE ORDER THE SITH DIS-ORDER
THE RED ECLIPSE
Visit our website

wainot-keel
08.21.2012 , 02:44 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post

Just cover your healer for a few seconds so they can jump onto that small wall/debris thingy. They can comfortably and safely heal everybody from there. Thank you

Edit: oops, kind of ninja'd

WaldoA
08.21.2012 , 02:45 PM | #7
I done KUS the other day and it was fine, nothing happened till we wanted it to.

LarryRow
08.21.2012 , 03:08 PM | #8
Hm, interesting, I will pay very careful attention next time I'm in this one. Maybe people are click-happy and not owning up to it.

Also, thanks for the strat. The pugs I'm in usually run around behind the turret like headless chickens, mostly thanks to the Infected Screamers (hilarious!).
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.