Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do lots of players actually do space missions?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Do lots of players actually do space missions?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Pcolapat
08.21.2012 , 10:44 AM | #1
In a recent interview, Jeff Hickman said that there is an entire bioware team working on Hard Mode space missions. I don't know about everyone else, but I rarely ever do space missions. I might spend less than 1% of my time doing them, if that. Does bioware have data that shows players spending a lot of time doing the space missions? Does bioware think that by making them harder that it will get more people to play them on a regular basis? What is the justification for expanding this part of the game verses some other part of the game? Could development time and money be better spent on something else? I am not trying to troll here, and I think these are legitimate questions.

What do you think?
Anything that is done repetitively can be done by a computer. That is why right brained people will eventually rule the world.

Leggomy
08.21.2012 , 10:46 AM | #2
I dont because they are simply way too hard at lvl 50. I have all the best stuff (purples) for my ship and still get wiped out on them. I used to when I was lower level but the end game space missions are simply way too hard for too little gain.

Gerandar
08.21.2012 , 10:46 AM | #3
until they take it off the rails, nope I won't touch it, if I wanted to play star fox I can just go play star fox.

TheBBP
08.21.2012 , 10:48 AM | #4
A lot of us do missions daily. It is a decent source of experience and income.

Ashyt
08.21.2012 , 10:53 AM | #5
I played them 1st when i started the game.. But now i just don't touch it at all. BORING and no surprises. Get rid of the rails and add an OPEN space environment then i shall add more time to it.

TrentEaston
08.21.2012 , 10:54 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Leggomy View Post
I dont because they are simply way too hard at lvl 50. I have all the best stuff (purples) for my ship and still get wiped out on them. I used to when I was lower level but the end game space missions are simply way too hard for too little gain.
Then you're doing something wrong. With all purple 50 items for your ship, even the very last/highest Spacemission is a walk in the park.
Ever touched wasd during the flight? Do you have all the upgrades you have to buy with fleet commendations?

2Topic: I do spacemissions, and I know most of my friends and guild-mates do, too. For leveling as well as on 50. For the money, the commendations, and most importantly the fun.
It wouldn't be Star Wars without Spacemissions, and it's a welcome change from all the questing and usual fightin you have in every MMO.

I can't wait for the new space missions to come out *pew pew*
Darth Aarev - Immortal Sith Juggernaut || Lord Meng - Sith Sorcerer || Thokaz - Marksman Sniper || Portao the Honorable - Arsenal Mercenary
Thamien, Knight of the Republic - Jedi Sentinel || Master Theolen - Jedi Shadow || Captain Korso-Rev - Sabotage Gunslinger || Allivan - Commando Combat Medic

SNCommand
08.21.2012 , 10:54 AM | #7
Finally found a sweet spot in my tactics last month, so yeah, I do them, I'm saving up for the imperial pilot social gear, it looks awesome
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

christhesithlord
08.21.2012 , 10:55 AM | #8
They are actually fun. I do think they got the cinematic feel, in SWG you would often be floating around for 10 minutes. I like these.
Subscribe or subscribe not, there is no free
CE Pre-Orderer
CE VIP
Non-Stop Subscriber since December 15th, 2011

Dilv
08.21.2012 , 10:58 AM | #9
I do them quite a bit on my characters. Good source of money and experience while leveling. Relaxing short mini game to warm up with after 50 (while still a decent source of money and fleet tokens/daily commendations).

Master_Nate
08.21.2012 , 10:59 AM | #10
I have actually been doing the space missions as of late. In two days time you can net enough to buy lvl 8 crafting material boxes and since the xfer and my old guild disbanding, this is a way for me to farm the mats without going into a raid. Since I mainly PvP now, I am able to farm these and get the mats for Armorings and things that are more PvE related.

My ship is in all purples without any of the fleet upgrades like EMP and things like that, I simply want the lvl 8 crafting mats, and I have no issues with any of the space quests, it takes about an hour and a little more to run through them all for the daily comms. After 2 days, 1 hour or so a day, I can have some very nice mats that I can sell on the GTN or use to get gear I'm not working towards by being in a raiding guild. I do not think they should spend much more time on these unless they are making them more diverse. There replay value becomes unenjoyable after awhile but that is the same with all aspects of end game once you've done it a few dozen times, right? Every once in a while they can be refreshing change but the state of them now is that there are only a handful of space missions with just a level increase to split them apart versus any diversity which takes away from some of my overall potential interest in them as enjoyable.

TBH, I don't think we need more but rather improvement to the concept of space missions. As many have stated, you are on rails and once you know the path, it's merely a brain dead activity with epic music
IMPERIAL AGENT
Nodo/Yonder
Lobsters go PEENCH PEENCH
Prophecy of the Five