Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Armstech] Armstech Schematics

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Armstech] Armstech Schematics
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

RedOmen
08.14.2012 , 11:10 PM | #1
I'm curious as to why there are no Armstech schematics through out the game (end game). There are Biochem, armortech, synthweaving, and cybertech schematics throughout all HM's and Ops but I am at a loss as to why there are no armstech schematics. They dont' have to be campaign level, or even rakata level, Columni or even Tionese level would be nice.
Even as far as why 'lose weapons' do not drop, meaning no campaign. Blackhole items drop for example, ear pieces, implants that their various classes can RE and learn. Also of course various blackhole armor and in HM's exo-tech armor.
I find it hard to believe that this was over looked, just curious as to why.

AceMcVeer
08.15.2012 , 04:30 PM | #2
I would also like to know this. I also would like to know why Armormech's can make Rakata Belts and Bracers and only need one Biometric Crystal Alloy, yet Armstech need 3 Biometric Crystal Alloys to make our orange weapons that are worse than level 50 purple crafted. What a terrible system.

finelinebob
08.15.2012 , 04:42 PM | #3
The reason why is that crafting was never intended to be more than a minigame. It is not meant to produce end-game quality goods. The only exceptions to-date are RE-able item mods and some consumables. No doubt the only reason we have those is because they do not overtax the poor developers' abilities to manage the variables they introduce to the game ... 1 schematic per item, just a few stats to track, just a few schematics overall.

Since the only item mod Armstech can craft are barrels, they get the short end of the stick.
Jedi Guardian JonBonJovi'wan
"Wanted: Dead or Alive"
Defenders of Monkeys - Prophecy of the Five
DatacronHunter's Video Guides to Datacrons | Datacron Spreadsheet

LongGui
08.20.2012 , 05:52 AM | #4
Crafting is secondary to doing operations/flashpoints, and pretty much anyhting else.

My wild guess is that since armstech only has one use for the alloy, make sure they have do as many operations as the other crafting skills so its "fair". I can't think of any other logic for it.

With the upcoming focus on more operations and flashpoints, I dont think anything will be changin with crafting any time soon.

Going of to play KOTOR to use some nice lightsaber crystals
Lemar 50 ____________________Vedonna 28
Rymbosh main___________________Harl 18
Seymor 18_________________Orelias 19
80% Explorer, 67% Achiever, 40% Socializer, 13% Killer.

AllisonBerryman
08.21.2012 , 09:20 AM | #5 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by RedOmen View Post
I'm curious as to why there are no Armstech schematics through out the game (end game).
I talked to Systems Designer David Hunt about this, and (related to this question), he told me that content in the near future generally won't have schematics as drops in endgame content, and that those high-end schematics will come from reverse engineering. So, for content in the near future, schematics for all crafting skills won't generally be part of those end game loot tables.

Flar
08.21.2012 , 10:20 AM | #6
The Armstechs aren't the only ones that wonder this. My main is Artifice and, just as Armstechs have found, we have no schems drop in Ops. In addition, we don't have the ability to scavenge mats from droids or any similar mechanic...the Armstechs can, at least, do that (if they have the right sub-skill).

I've gotten 4 schems from companion missions (lightsabers, all) and had to buy my high-end crystal schems (12 of them) with daily and warzone comms. I think I remember ONE artifice schem dropping in an FP...but never an Op.
I was pondering the immortal words of Socrates who said, "...I drank what?!"

Operatives of the Silver Dawn

naNuke
08.21.2012 , 10:47 AM | #7
As Armstech you can RE the barrels from campaign weapons and the weapons themselves, the weapon is just shell but barrels are worth a lot on market.

For Artifice the real value is mostly in campaign/bh enhancements ripped out of those items, and if you buy the warzone highest box for some wz commendations you can learn top grade pvp crystals with 41 expertise even purple and cyan colours!

nDjiin
08.22.2012 , 06:48 AM | #8
The really do need to put some emphasis on evening out the crew skills viability as a solo skill. Take cybertech for example - crazy good at making money from drops in ops. Why would you choose anything else? AT the very least they need to sort out the armor piece drops so that they can have other items drop equally as frequently (I understand why they do this - due to the way on which campaign gar armoring currently works). They need to find a different way to do this and then sort out the loot tables accordingly.
Kovacs - Powertech Warped - Marauder
Hypnotik - Operative Simulcra - Sniper
Margorach - Sorcerer

Junostorm
08.22.2012 , 07:44 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Flar View Post
The Armstechs aren't the only ones that wonder this. My main is Artifice and, just as Armstechs have found, we have no schems drop in Ops. In addition, we don't have the ability to scavenge mats from droids or any similar mechanic...the Armstechs can, at least, do that (if they have the right sub-skill).

I've gotten 4 schems from companion missions (lightsabers, all) and had to buy my high-end crystal schems (12 of them) with daily and warzone comms. I think I remember ONE artifice schem dropping in an FP...but never an Op.
There are several enhancement recipes that drop in HM/NM EV and KP for Artifice. Several guild-mates have a few of them.
Jun÷ - Gunslinger | Armoury - Vanguard | Jun˘ - Sentinel
The Stormtooth Legecy
New and improved, now with even more threat!
Total Aggression Gaming - Republic - The Shadowlands server

nDjiin
08.23.2012 , 02:10 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Junostorm View Post
There are several enhancement recipes that drop in HM/NM EV and KP for Artifice. Several guild-mates have a few of them.
Unfortunately they are on the whole only used for fresh 50's or at best a different looking weapon.
Kovacs - Powertech Warped - Marauder
Hypnotik - Operative Simulcra - Sniper
Margorach - Sorcerer