Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please fix....

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

beattlebilly
08.20.2012 , 06:54 PM | #1
Please fix the exp., commendations, valor, and credits rewarded at the end of matches, especially wins. What's the point of trying to win a match if we get rewarded the same as a loss?
The BastionThe Dynamite LegacySix Sith Bag

Boy, it sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don't you think?

foxmob
08.20.2012 , 07:58 PM | #2
i seriously doubt the ppl that matter give any consideration to this forum. try the suggestion box.

:2cents:
meh
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

Morrolan
08.20.2012 , 08:14 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by beattlebilly View Post
Please fix the exp., commendations, valor, and credits rewarded at the end of matches, especially wins. What's the point of trying to win a match if we get rewarded the same as a loss?
You don't, you do get more comms.
[harbinger]
Alieraxx - Sentinel / Morroian - Shadow / Sereorin - Slinger
Miranda-Zero - Operative / Whiskey-jackxx - Powertech

kuey
08.20.2012 , 08:28 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Morrolan View Post
You don't, you do get more comms.
Actually occasionally you can get more medals losing than winning in Void Star. Every now and then I'll get around 80 medals for for winning a VS (and yes, I did have medals), whilst on the other hand I've also gotten up to 90 for losing. Though I've only experienced this in VS, and from what I've heard from others I think it's more of a VS related bug rather than problem relating to all WZs.

foxmob
08.20.2012 , 09:06 PM | #5
the devs have acknowledged (in a kinda backward way) that there's something buggy about VS scoring. it confused the guy who brought it up so much that he completely misinterpreted the pseudo-cryptic reply. but yes, they know there's something up. that was like what? no more than 2 weeks ago. I think less.
meh
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

beattlebilly
08.21.2012 , 07:33 AM | #6
It doesn't happen in just VS, though that is where I see it more. I've left a Civil War with 100 WZ comms, but had maxed the amount of medals(8) to get rewards for. Same as Huttball and Novare coast, though those two range from 100 to 130. And no, these weren't only after dauntless medals were rewarded, in quite a few of the cases I'd already had 8 medals before the dauntless medals were rewarded, or there weren't any dauntless medals at all. I've left a loss with 80+ WZ comms. before, and had wins(especially VS) with the same amount. Before this issue, if I maxed medals reward, I was leaving WZ wins with 140+ WZ comms, and losses with 80+.

Technohic
08.21.2012 , 07:40 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by beattlebilly View Post
It doesn't happen in just VS, though that is where I see it more. I've left a Civil War with 100 WZ comms, but had maxed the amount of medals(8) to get rewards for. Same as Huttball and Novare coast, though those two range from 100 to 130. And no, these weren't only after dauntless medals were rewarded, in quite a few of the cases I'd already had 8 medals before the dauntless medals were rewarded, or there weren't any dauntless medals at all. I've left a loss with 80+ WZ comms. before, and had wins(especially VS) with the same amount. Before this issue, if I maxed medals reward, I was leaving WZ wins with 140+ WZ comms, and losses with 80+.
I THINK you are right. I took some screenshots a week ago of some sub-50 Huttball I believe where it shows me getting more with a loss that it does a win with more medals. Will have to try to remember to look when I get home from work tonight.

Darth_Philar
08.21.2012 , 08:32 AM | #8
Please see patch notes from today.
http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes
Server: The Fatman
Philar - Corruption Sorcerer - Level 50 | Satarel - Rage Marauder - Level 50
Geheime - Concealment Operative - Level 20 | Zahhak - Arsenal Mercenary - Level 17

beattlebilly
08.21.2012 , 08:55 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Philar View Post
Please see patch notes from today.
http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes
Quote:
Corrected an issue that prevented players from receiving the correct rewards when a Warzone match was completed very quickly.
Yes, I understand that, which is why I said:
Quote:
"And no, these weren't only after dauntless medals were rewarded, in quite a few of the cases I'd already had 8 medals before the dauntless medals were rewarded, or there weren't any dauntless medals at all."
in my second post explaining the issue further when someone commented that it happened in VS, and I wanted to point out it happened in the other WZ's, just not as much.

I haven't done any WZ's yet since the patch, but the patch notes states it is only for very quick wins, so I will see if it applies to the other issue I was talking about.

AllisonBerryman
08.21.2012 , 11:25 AM | #10 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Please let us know if you continue to see issues with Warzone rewards after today's patch. This should address the error in rewards calculation, but if there are any other issues, your reports will help!