Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Forums need search function

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Forums need search function

DoctorFuzzybut
12.19.2011 , 05:59 AM | #1
Please restore the search function to the forums. If I run into a bug or have a question about the game that doesn't appear in the ingame knowledge base, I would like to be able to search these forums to get an answer or a workaround. Without a search function, I just have to hope the info I am looking for is in a sticky, which generally is not the case.

I'm sure other people have posted about this before, but I was unable to find such a post BECAUSE THERE IS NO SEARCH FUNCTION. Restoring search to the forums will help reduce the number of duplicate posts and help players solve their own problems, so please restore the search function as soon as possible.

Thanks

Jandersson
12.19.2011 , 06:02 AM | #2
Agree!

Dayfather
12.19.2011 , 06:18 AM | #3
Agreed.

Aieny
12.19.2011 , 06:22 AM | #4
Search is currently undergoing maintenance and will be back as soon as maintenance is complete.

tblader
12.19.2011 , 06:27 AM | #5
This forum does seem to have a google bot enabled, for other people here that run their own forums like myself they know what im talking about, but its a "profile" that feeds data to google as the easiest explination. You can go to google and type in "SWTOR (QUESTION)" and it will bring up results from these forums because the forums are indexed by google.

I just googled "swtor forums need a search button" and got this thread on the first page.
JamesT CT-6816 West Texas Squad Leader Star Garrison
Proud Owner of movie accurate ...MK II - ABS Clone Trooper armor ~ $2000, Fiberglass Scout Trooper Armor ~ $1000, ABS Stormtrooper Armor ~ $1500
CE edition? Naw why pay extra for in-game perks when you can be the Imperial

wonkeysmoker
12.19.2011 , 07:47 AM | #6
The search feature is there. But, 90% of the time it does not show up. On a lucky day i can see it.

DoctorFuzzybut
12.19.2011 , 02:55 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by tblader View Post
This forum does seem to have a google bot enabled, for other people here that run their own forums like myself they know what im talking about, but its a "profile" that feeds data to google as the easiest explination. You can go to google and type in "SWTOR (QUESTION)" and it will bring up results from these forums because the forums are indexed by google.

I just googled "swtor forums need a search button" and got this thread on the first page.
Unfortunately, Google also has the beta forums archived in their search, so depending on the terms you are searching for, you may get a number of search results for threads that were wiped prior to Early Access.

tblader
12.19.2011 , 02:58 PM | #8
Just go to revelance on google and change it to the last 30 days. Also i read on another "Search Button" thread just to type in "Site:SWTOR.com (QUESTION)" and it will limit the results to only this site.
JamesT CT-6816 West Texas Squad Leader Star Garrison
Proud Owner of movie accurate ...MK II - ABS Clone Trooper armor ~ $2000, Fiberglass Scout Trooper Armor ~ $1000, ABS Stormtrooper Armor ~ $1500
CE edition? Naw why pay extra for in-game perks when you can be the Imperial