Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How many boss will have Terror From Beyond

Karasuko
08.20.2012 , 11:04 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaqen View Post
I put in red the average time it usually takes me to compete these raids in a competent pug, I would assume you and your guildies would be able to raid at least 2 to 4 hours a night, and could easily reduce your 5 day raid week into 2 or even 3. There is also the question of kp/ev NiM being worth running anymore, especially with TFB SM dropping campaign level loot, but that is a guilds personal preference to run those as a guild or not, but either way you should have more then enough time to fit tfb into your week even if it would take you 2 to 3 days to clear.
I can already see our raid week.
day 1 HM EC
day 2 SM TFB.
Day 2.5 NP and clean up.
UNtil we're fully geared out (1-2 more weeks)

Then its going to look like

Day 1 SM TFB
Day 2. HM TFB
Day 2.5 God knows.

All up its about 4.5hours raiding.I can probably imagine us dropping SM TFB as soon as ew're fully camp BiS.

alifaraaz
08.21.2012 , 12:23 AM | #22
Well realistically why would anyone still bother with EV/KP Nightmare and EC story after Terror is released unless you're bored on a Sunday or Monday night after clearing Terror and EC hm.

Obviously if you're not at that level yet that's a different story, but I'm referring to the people without time. I think we've had more than enough time to clear EC hm and get mostly full BiS Campaign. The boots I can understand quite a few not having etc, but even then the Black Hole equivalent is easily earned.

When Terror goes live I can see us working on SM learning the fights. Don't know how hard its gonna be, but assuming its like EC, well learn and clear SM in the first week over 3 nights. Then 2nd week, depending on how we are with gear, 2 nights of Terror HM and 1 night of Terror SM/EC hm
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

Vankris
08.21.2012 , 04:04 AM | #23
it seems that, for a majority of response here, the common trend is.
- More boss for a tier.
- Less tedious and time consuming trash
- Wish to clean a raid in a night.

With this in mind, what would work in PVE design is.
- Multiple raid within a tier
- Total raid boss for a tier would be 7-10
- Each raid shouldn't be more than 5-6 boss each.
- Trash should have an interest. Either fun to kill and/or have a value (loot, reputation, credits, shematics)

Would you agree?
Shadow | Kinetic Combat

Chaqen
08.21.2012 , 04:18 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Vankris View Post
it seems that, for a majority of response here, the common trend is.
- More boss pour a tier.
- Less tedious and time consuming trash
- Wish to clean a raid in a night.

With this in mind, what would work in PVE design is.
- Multiple raid within a tier
- Total raid boss for a tier would be 7-10
- Each raid shouldn't be more than 5-6 boss each.
- Trash should have an interest. Either fun to kill and/or have a value (loot, reputation, credits, shematics)

Would you agree?
How long an raid takes is very subjective, since some guilds are more efficient then others, as well as if the raid is on farm or not for an guild. With EC HM you see the majority of guilds clearing it in a single night, some half a night, then there are others who take 2 or 3 nights... who do you cater to when you say the raid should be cleared in a single night?

When it comes to trash, i think less weaker/aoe spam trash is good, while making what trash encounters that are in an operation harder and more challenging would be more rewarding. If there is no risk of dying, it quickly becomes boring and trivial. I would like to see at least random crafting mats to drop off the trash (at a far greater rate then what they do in HM EC atm). I understand why they may not want to add crafting schematics, since they were so rare out of EV/KP that were non existent.

How many bosses in a raid, to me is really dependent on the difficulty of the fights, and the loot that is being rewarded; usually though more is better then fewer, but if you start doing a large amount you need to give people the option to choose between bosses sometimes (aka. different wings).

Vankris
08.30.2012 , 06:28 AM | #25
still no info about terror from beyond.

How many bosses?
Will there be another world boss as well?
Any novel mechanics?
Are they doing something original with trash mob?

Surely by now, bioware could share some informations?

Quote: Originally Posted by Chaqen View Post
How many bosses in a raid, to me is really dependent on the difficulty of the fights, and the loot that is being rewarded; usually though more is better then fewer, but if you start doing a large amount you need to give people the option to choose between bosses sometimes (aka. different wings).
For those who have played it, there was a boss event in karazhan, a wow raid instance, called the opera event. Each week, the game woud choose one encounter out of 3. So if nobody told you, you wouldn't be able to know what would be the encounter. I remember times where the raid lead explain the wizard of Oz and the Little Red Riding Hood would just appear (run away little girl, run away^^ )
Shadow | Kinetic Combat

alifaraaz
08.30.2012 , 06:52 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Vankris View Post
still no info about terror from beyond.

How many bosses?
Will there be another world boss as well?
Any novel mechanics?
Are they doing something original with trash mob?

Surely by now, bioware could share some informations?

For those who have played it, there was a boss event in karazhan, a wow raid instance, called the opera event. Each week, the game woud choose one encounter out of 3. So if nobody told you, you wouldn't be able to know what would be the encounter. I remember times where the raid lead explain the wizard of Oz and the Little Red Riding Hood would just appear (run away little girl, run away^^ )
The opera boss was one of the most fun I ever had :P just cause of the surprising nature of it.

It would be nice for them to disclose some info now, but they probably wont bother, just throw it on PTS and let us see for ourselves ^^

Leoness
08.30.2012 , 09:01 AM | #27
No new content again.

No more news again.

No more money - subscription cancelled.

Slugamaniac
08.30.2012 , 11:58 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Leoness View Post
No new content again.

No more news again.

No more money - subscription cancelled.
You really extended yourself in this post. You wrote more than two lines of grumbling/complaining this time. Based on your post history I have NO idea why you are still playing this game as none of your posts offer any insight or constructive criticism. GW2 is >>>> way.
The Last Centurions - The Madhi Legacy - The Harbinger
Slugfest Slugtrooper Slugconsular Slackfest Slugshadow Slugfeast
Slugagent Slugwarrior Slughunter Slugsorcerer Slugassassin Slackmeister

BlueCorsair
08.30.2012 , 04:22 PM | #29
New raid will have five bosses. Five.

Months and months of development... for five bosses.

Glad that I quit. This is not a raider's game.

alifaraaz
08.30.2012 , 04:31 PM | #30
as much as I wished for more, I expected it. They most likely plan to stick to 5 bosses per raid for now