SWG : Flurry Players Check In

Montesano

PvP has gone so downhill, SWTOR is close to being put into the WoW category of not being able to be referenced as a pvp game. Its amazing how quickly this game fell apart on the pvp side. Guess its next stop GW2 for the mmo pvp fix.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
PvP has gone so downhill, SWTOR is close to being put into the WoW category of not being able to be referenced as a pvp game. Its amazing how quickly this game fell apart on the pvp side. Guess its next stop GW2 for the mmo pvp fix.

I dunno about you but I didn't even get started in the pvp, e-sports crap doesn't hold any interest for me (and probably a lot of SWG pvp'ers I'd imagine) and the poor map layouts BW employed kept both factions completely seperate on almost all planets so adhoc world pvp was pretty much impossible. I don't know why they bothered having "pvp servers", especially as the last one I levelled to 50 got there without seeing a single player of the opposing faction.... a pretty pathetic state of affairs.

Edited by Efefia

I dunno about you but I didn't even get started in the pvp, e-sports crap doesn't hold any interest for me (and probably a lot of SWG pvp'ers I'd imagine) and the poor map layouts BW employed kept both factions completely seperate on almost all planets so adhoc world pvp was pretty much impossible. I don't know why they bothered having "pvp servers", especially as the last one I levelled to 50 got there without seeing a single player of the opposing faction.... a pretty pathetic state of affairs.

Nuff said...see ya all there :)

http://www.projectswg.com/

Never heard of anyone actually preferring the NGE over PRE-CU. For the NGE all they did was delete 75% of the game's content and make combat super fast and gimmicky to be more like WoW.

If you think Pre-CU had more content than the NGE you're seriously looking through 2 sets of rose colored glasses, or you never played the NGE past 2007.

The combat queue for abilities, 32 professions & a healthy player base was the only thing that made Pre-CU special.

Post NGE was solid, the initial NGE (2005-2007) was horrid though, but content was by far more abundant in the NGE lol.

Edited by Pistols

If you think Pre-CU had more content than the NGE you're seriously looking through 2 sets of rose colored glasses, or you never played the NGE past 2007.

The combat queue for abilities, 32 professions & a healthy player base was the only thing that made Pre-CU special.

Post NGE was solid, the initial NGE (2005-2007) was horrid though, but content was by far more abundant in the NGE lol.

by content I was referring to turning 32 classes into 8 or 9 which deleted countless skills, items, and ways to play the game. I played the NGE on an off probably until 2010. All they did was try to copy/paste WoW but failed and had to shut down. There's a reason why 50% of the pop left with the CU and most of what remained left with the NGE.

They made a very unique and complex sandbox game that rewarded people that put a lot of time and effort into the game with an alpha class (Jedi) into a WoW ripoff. All they did was put new code on top of old code and never update their servers. The game was designed with a combat queue in mind so when they made it fast paced like WoW it created all sorts of problems, I've never seen worse LoS issues, bugs, and lag in my life.

The content they did add during the NGE was them trying to do themepark elements like heroic dungeons and battlegrounds, but those were pretty fail.

If only SOE knew that they had a unique game with a loyal playerbase and by f^cking with the formula to try and steal some WoW subs they dug their own grave.

Edited by Hero

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
by content I was referring to turning 32 classes into 8 or 9 which deleted countless skills, items, and ways to play the game. I played the NGE on an off probably until 2010. All they did was try to copy/paste WoW but failed and had to shut down. There's a reason why 50% of the pop left with the CU and most of what remained left with the NGE.

They made a very unique and complex sandbox game that rewarded people that put a lot of time and effort into the game with an alpha class (Jedi) into a WoW ripoff. All they did was put new code on top of old code and never update their servers. The game was designed with a combat queue in mind so when they made it fast paced like WoW it created all sorts of problems, I've never seen worse LoS issues, bugs, and lag in my life.

The content they did add during the NGE was them trying to do themepark elements like heroic dungeons and battlegrounds, but those were pretty fail.

If only SOE knew that they had a unique game with a loyal playerbase and by f^cking with the formula to try and steal some WoW subs they dug their own grave.

I have to say in all my years of SWG the last ones were the best

The GCW update that allowed for city invasions and planetary control was an awesome addition

Fighting SSG for control of Bestine was epic

My Sullustan Jedi spent a lot of time fighting for those planets, sure beat the pants off TORs Warzones for gear

So many awesome fights and such a great community we had, I truly miss the sound of the loading screen before logging into flurry

Sorry about any typos this was from my I phone

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Thought I'd bump up this post... I've been having old memories of Flurry flooding in lately. What's everyone up to and what servers are you all on? Personally, I'm on Prophecy of the Five with what's left of the DFR from Flurry.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys I know this thread is really old but I just started playing about a month ago! Reason I am posting is I am looking to find some old guild members our guild was Hitmen (HM) we had a city called Zions Gate on the Flurry server, Our guild founder was Sir-Jackstraw. My main toons were Askis and Efye if anyone knows of any former HM members currently play it would be a big help...Thank you!

• 9 months later...
Hi Flurry. See you eso, then the repop. Sub still paid through June or July but I'm done.. SWG was awesome, this game worked for quite a while but time for something new. Hugs and kisses, now and always. Kill you next game, Temper.