Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How to Play in a Group

grallmate
08.19.2012 , 07:56 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by xJACKTHERIPPERx View Post
ya, speaking from a healing and tanking standpoint, its annoying as hell to see everyone jump on the elite first, and ignore the adds. It always seems to be a particularly bad habit when playing with marauders. They all seem to have the same mentality
Yeah they also seem to love using Smash/Force Sweep next to CCed mobs...

Ergavore
08.20.2012 , 12:16 AM | #12
As a tank, I would like to add that it is usually necessary, in the first seconds of any fight, to let the tank attack first before any cc's are applied or before DPS start hitting stuff. The reason I say this is because in a fight, the first person to attack or cc is the first person targeted, and if it isn't the tank, then a) the person who is targeted is going to get burned down a bit on health, a setback to the healer, and b) the tank cannot regain the initial aggro of the mobs well (especially if the other group members start attacking as well) and may need to use a taunt (which is better used in situations when the tank is losing aggro later in the fight).

Word of advice to the non-tanks regarding crowd-control: Wait for the tank to make the first move. If you have a cc that cannot be used in combat (i.e. stealthing cc's), or cc's that are channeled for a period of time (i.e. Force lift / whirlwind), let the tank and the rest of the group know when and who you are going to activate the cc. If your cc can be used during combat, let the tank attack the mobs first, then apply the cc to the designated target.

Word of advice to the tanks regarding others' crowd-control: If you see a party member beginning to cc an enemy, react accordingly: If it is a cc from stealth, wait to attack the mob until the stealther is out of range of aggroing the mob (in or out of stealth) and out of range of AoE damage from the mob. If it is a cc that is channeled, attack during the cc's activation so that your attacks reach the mob before the cc does. CC's generate some amount of threat, so be ready to aggro mobs close to the cc'd enemy because after a short time, if not attacked, they will revert to attacking the cc'er or the healer, either of which is a big no-no.