Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Grade 8 Crafting Material Boxes, Bugs, and INCREDIBLY Angry.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Grade 8 Crafting Material Boxes, Bugs, and INCREDIBLY Angry.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DraydeRhionnan
08.19.2012 , 09:55 PM | #1
I spent 200 Fleet Commendations for a Grade 8 Crafting Material Box. First one ever. Need the items too for an upgrade, so I was looking forward to it.

Crossing my fingers, knowing the result was a bit randomized, I opened it..and received...:

1000 Credits.

Yep. No crafting materials. No items at all. Just a good 1k credits. All my time and effort to get Fleet comms resulted in 1k credits.

I am -not- letting this one go. Either this is a bug, or Bioware is composed of idiots. I try and be mature, I try and be polite, and I -was- very mature and polite when the CSR told me that this was INTENDED BEHAVIOR.

I'm not buying it. If it's 'intended' behavior, then you need to 'intend' something different. A bit of randomization can be fun and make the game more interesting. Randomizing in a way that makes me WASTE MY TIME is a giant 'F you!' in my face.

I refuse to accept this is intended behavior. Fix it. I'm not paying for this game so I can do space missions over and over, using my time, all for absolutely nothing.

lynspottery
08.19.2012 , 10:30 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by DraydeRhionnan View Post
I spent 200 Fleet Commendations for a Grade 8 Crafting Material Box. First one ever. Need the items too for an upgrade, so I was looking forward to it.

Crossing my fingers, knowing the result was a bit randomized, I opened it..and received...:

1000 Credits.

Yep. No crafting materials. No items at all. Just a good 1k credits. All my time and effort to get Fleet comms resulted in 1k credits.

I am -not- letting this one go. Either this is a bug, or Bioware is composed of idiots. I try and be mature, I try and be polite, and I -was- very mature and polite when the CSR told me that this was INTENDED BEHAVIOR.

I'm not buying it. If it's 'intended' behavior, then you need to 'intend' something different. A bit of randomization can be fun and make the game more interesting. Randomizing in a way that makes me WASTE MY TIME is a giant 'F you!' in my face.

I refuse to accept this is intended behavior. Fix it. I'm not paying for this game so I can do space missions over and over, using my time, all for absolutely nothing.
Apparently BW mis-named this "Grade 8 Crafting Material Box" if it only contained credits. I could see if there was a random quantity of crafting materials but if it is supposed to be Grade 8 Crafting Material Box, then by cracky it should contain crafting materials and not credits.

Mis-named item in my opinion.
lynspottery Member of Old Timers Guild
Laid Back, Not Too Serious, No Drama......All About The Fun

DraydeRhionnan
08.19.2012 , 10:58 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by lynspottery View Post
Apparently BW mis-named this "Grade 8 Crafting Material Box" if it only contained credits. I could see if there was a random quantity of crafting materials but if it is supposed to be Grade 8 Crafting Material Box, then by cracky it should contain crafting materials and not credits.

Mis-named item in my opinion.
It's not mis-named. It's just broken, or idiotic.

Even if it was supposed to be 'credit box', you should get more than 1000 credits for 200 FLEET tokens. Those take awhile to accumulate, and are far more valuable than 1000 credits.

It's not misnamed. It's -supposed- to hold the crafting materials. A CSR told me, however, that the chance was random, and there was a chance it would just give you 1k credits. This is foolish on the part of the Devs, and I wanted to make that clear.

Sutii
08.19.2012 , 11:49 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello DraydeRhionnan,

I am not aware of any issues with the Crafting Material Box that you describe, however should you feel this is indeed a bug I would recommend that you submit a report on the matter. Unfortunately we are not able to process bug reports which are submitted here on the forum.

You are currently able to submit bug reports in one of two ways, information on how to do this can be found in the spoiler below:

Spoiler
Thank you once again for your understanding.
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

lynspottery
08.20.2012 , 01:59 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Sutii View Post
Hello DraydeRhionnan,

I am not aware of any issues with the Crafting Material Box that you describe, however should you feel this is indeed a bug I would recommend that you submit a report on the matter. Unfortunately we are not able to process bug reports which are submitted here on the forum.

You are currently able to submit bug reports in one of two ways, information on how to do this can be found in the spoiler below:

Spoiler
Thank you once again for your understanding.
this is so lame... put in a bug report for a problem in the programming of the game that should have been tested ...too many bugs not fixed yet.

Sutii
08.23.2012 , 10:48 PM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello lynspottery,

I can fully appreciate how frustrating it is, submitting reports for issues in a game, please be aware though that a game of this nature is exceptional large in size and as such many bugs do slip through even the most thorough of tests that are performed. It is for this reason that do take any reports of potential bugs very seriously and they are passed on to the relevant teams for further investigation.

We do appreciate your continued patience when an issue is encountered, and I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for assisting us by submitting bug reports on issues you encounter.

If we can assist you with anything else, please let us know.

Thanks.

Codemancer
08.23.2012 , 11:56 PM | #7
this is so lame... put in a bug report for a problem in the programming of the game that should have been tested ...too many bugs not fixed yet.
Yes... and No. In theory, every change and every function of an application should be tested - right. You define some scenarios and cases which have to be tested to ensure that you are safe no matter what the user throws at you. But the reality is slightly different. When the application gets bigger and the amount of functions and possibilities reach unimaginable dimensions then you can't test every single thing that may happen.

Some things are even though nearly impossible to test. This crate issue for example. You assign that IDs of the Item you want to "drop" from that crate to it and configure the randomization when the user triggers the crates "open"-event. Now you have (felt) Billions of possibilities this event could result in - you can't test every single one of them. Instead you "test" in theory if that event works how it was programmed and then you hope that you haven't overseen something.

I could even explain the "group finder"-case. Imagine that you are a programmer, that has to change something within the functionality of this tool. Now take a look on the forums - the users start to "shake" the support guys: "OMG When do you change this an that! DO SOME!" - the support guy reports to his company and this may end in a lot of people shaking a lot of other people until someone stands in front of you, the programmer, and - guess what - shaking you as well with a: "Where are these changes!? DO SOME!". You submit the changes, the testers hurry up themselves and a little mistake was overseen which caused some serious problems.

You know the so-called "butterfly effect"? It seems it does not take effect anywhere as much as in the IT...
Achievement unlocked: Forenheld

lynspottery
08.24.2012 , 01:45 AM | #8
Codemancer I fully appreciate your view on this. I have some idea of the enormity of programming and testing....I retired from a company where I had to work with programmers all the time for code changes to make sure text was correctly printed on customer billing for other companies.

Now that was a major pain...a simple error could cost thousands of dollars if we did not have more than just one test go around. Several sets of eyes looked at the exact same change to make sure we did not miss anything. Also, I want to point out that many of the "bugs" submitted to BW still have not been addressed. We provided the information but it appears to have been "overlooked" or discarded as our problem, not the game.

surlygentleman
08.24.2012 , 04:51 AM | #9
Never encountered this issue and never even heard of it before this thread. This guy who started this thread is trolling, plain and simple. mad because i didn't get what i wanted out of a random box. Please

Sutii
08.24.2012 , 04:28 PM | #10 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Codemancer I fully appreciate your view on this. I have some idea of the enormity of programming and testing....I retired from a company where I had to work with programmers all the time for code changes to make sure text was correctly printed on customer billing for other companies.

Now that was a major pain...a simple error could cost thousands of dollars if we did not have more than just one test go around. Several sets of eyes looked at the exact same change to make sure we did not miss anything. Also, I want to point out that many of the "bugs" submitted to BW still have not been addressed. We provided the information but it appears to have been "overlooked" or discarded as our problem, not the game.
Hello again lynspottery,

I can understand and appreciate your concerns when you notice a particular issue is present for some time, especially if it is one which you have submitted a bug report about. Please be advised that we do take all reports very seriously, however each investigation can take some considerable time to be completed, not to mention the time it then takes for a fix to be developed, tested and potentially the cycle to begin again if it doesn't pass the testing phase, before finally being implemented.

This can obviously lead to issues remaining in-game for quite some time, but as said, does not mean that they have been ignored.

Once again, sincere thanks for any reports you do send us, please keep them coming as the more information we have on any particular issue, the better.

If we can help you with anything else, please let us know.

Thanks.