Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rewards For MVP

rarauch
12.19.2011 , 12:03 PM | #1
I am usually the MVP, but what does it do for me? I don't really notice any difference.
There are only two human emotions - Love and Fear.

vengerr
12.19.2011 , 12:11 PM | #2
Love the game but MVP is stupid, most people don't do it, the people that do ussually give it to a buddy and have one returned as favor regardless what they did or didnt do during the match.

They can set up a reward system because it would be to easy to manipulate with premade groups.

They need to make MVP either automatic by the game (top dps/healing) or make it a requirement to do before leaving and have the game preselect top 3 players on each side to pick from using multiple factors in picking the 3. This way then can start doing a reward system and people that earned MVP will be voted for not just your buddy in the war zone that went afk for 1/2 the fight lol.

rarauch
12.19.2011 , 01:17 PM | #3
So right now it has no use?
There are only two human emotions - Love and Fear.

Xippin
12.19.2011 , 01:30 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by rarauch View Post
I am usually the MVP, but what does it do for me? I don't really notice any difference.
I believe you get 1 additional commendation per vote or something of the sorts. I know you get commendations I just haven't bothered to check to see the amount.
Xippin - BH: Powertech; Shield Tech / Smuggler: Scoundrel; Scrapper

Fueledbycaffeine
12.19.2011 , 01:44 PM | #5
You get 50 Valor per MVP vote, and I think 10 extra commendations.

100% positive about the valor, not sure about the commendations.

Doki
12.19.2011 , 01:50 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Fueledbycaffeine View Post
You get 50 Valor per MVP vote, and I think 10 extra commendations.

100% positive about the valor, not sure about the commendations.
I though it was one commendation.

Basically, a nice tip, but absolutely nothing to complain about if you don't get it. I know I'm usually top healer but rarely receive a MVP vote (I've noticed in PuGs that only about 3/8 bother to vote anyway.

I can't complain though -- I usually give mine to someone who is doing some sort of clutch play or showing some good skills/tactical thought. Often this isn't one of the numbers dominator.
Quote:
As for Scoundrels having no tools for short burst healing, we donít agree with that assessment. A scoundrel, for example, is capable of producing rather significant burst healing output by using Upper Hand gained from Underworld Medicine or Kolto Injection to trigger an instant Emergency Medpack or Surgical probe when needed.

Fueledbycaffeine
12.19.2011 , 02:22 PM | #7
Heh, I'm in the same boat when I heal. I've noticed though, the more chatty I am (about silly things) in a BG, the more votes I get. xD

VinnieDaMac
12.19.2011 , 02:41 PM | #8
I think the rewards for MVP are poorly advertised. I have a feeling that if more people knew about it, they'd be more inclined to vote.