Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

General Chat is Killing SWTOR

MiddleDarkness
08.17.2012 , 01:55 AM | #1
Out with general chat, in with chat bubbles. I enjoy every aspect of SWTOR with time played 149 Days, 17 hours, 10 minutes EXCEPT GENERAL CHAT, its poison killing the game and any enjoyment I get from it. The first thing I read when I sign on is “swtor sucks, I hate this game, the event is lame’’ etc....... non-stop all day and if isn’t SWTOR bashing it’s innate never-ending ending stream on stupid questions from so many trolls no one ever helps people that actually need help. There is no reason for gen chat, why does some guy talking about his personal hygiene on the other side of the planet not even playing game have to be broadcast for all to see, or crafters spamming “buy my junk, buy my junk, and buy my junk”. Have a noob/stupid question channel with a GM in it to answer the 1000 “where did I park my spaceship” questions. General chat is seriously ruining game. The social people who just like to blab can blab to their guild and if they don’t have a guild it’s because no one wants to hear them so don’t give them a way to reach everyone trying enjoy the game by having general chat. Please employ chat bubbles

Paintcheck
08.18.2012 , 08:29 PM | #2
You know you can make new tabs and filter out stuff you don't want to see right? You don't have to stare at general chat. I have a specific RP tab that I spend the majority of my time in because I cannot stand the drivel in general.

Darth-Malice
08.18.2012 , 08:30 PM | #3
Get used to it OP. When free to play launches, noobs, gold sellers and trolls will be the only thing in general chat!
||||||||███████████████████████████████)

CosmicKat
08.20.2012 , 01:26 PM | #4
General or world chat in every game I've ever played is a mess of idiots being idiots. Cheap idiots are no worse than paying ones.

Really obnoxious non-paying idiots can be booted and banned a lot faster than paying ones. The company has nothing to lose for kicking out freeloaders.

Lucas_Sorrell
09.05.2012 , 08:16 PM | #5
I play on Gav Daragon and our General chat is actually pretty decent, Republic side at least. Don't get me wrong, you'll log in and see some pretty stupid stuff going down if your on fleet, but most of the time it's just people having a good time. I'd say while our General Chat isn't perfect it isn't as horrible as the rest of yours sounds... There is hope ^_^
As an old friend once said... "Score one for the Republic."

Sydth
09.09.2012 , 08:43 PM | #6
general chat has been exactly the same in every MMO i've ever seen (not just played but also SEEN).

it's not going to affect swtor anymore then it does any mmo.

and yes it's going to get 100x worse when we go free-to-play.
Aku'salaVyadh'iPårüshå
Harbinger

“You seem about as trustworthy as a used-speeder salesman"
"Really? Most people find me harmless and kind of charming. Never mind."

Lucas_Sorrell
09.09.2012 , 09:08 PM | #7
I suppose I probably don't notice it when it does get bad, because I spend most of my time in either Say, Guild or Ops.
As an old friend once said... "Score one for the Republic."

FreePrometheus
09.21.2012 , 11:00 AM | #8
I just turn General Chat off in my preferences. I agree that a lot of it is a load of old tosh.
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. - Han Solo
my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. - Yoda

Sneakycheeks
09.29.2012 , 10:10 AM | #9
I pretty much just ignore general chat all together and just chat with my the people in my guild. Unless I'm play a character that isn't in a guild yet. Then I just ignore general chat and focus on leveling.

LostInReverie
09.29.2012 , 10:24 PM | #10
I pretty much ignore general chat unless I'm looking to join a PUG.
THE CALLISTO LEGACY (JC)
THE SOLARIS LEGACY (EH)
55s - Melusine
55s- Ilaria / Drusïlla