Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flashpoint Loot

CthulhuRyleh
12.19.2011 , 11:51 AM | #1
So I have heard people draw to this conclusion as I have, do flash points only give out loot for the specific classes playing?
I ask because I ran esseles with three jedi knights and all the dropped as basically knight gear. I was fine with that being the only guardian able to wear heavy armor I got all the loot, but it seemed unfair that our sage didn't even get the chance to roll on anything.

nynik
12.19.2011 , 11:55 AM | #2
I ran Esselles with 3 trooper commandos once and all the loot was trooper loot, with the only exception being the lightsaber from the sith. I think it does skew the loot to the classes that are present. Which I like compared to dropping useless stuff all the time.

Addendum: I was a Jedi Knight Sentinel

IncognitoCat
12.19.2011 , 12:00 PM | #3
I am finding the same thing. When I played the beta, I was trying to spam Esseles as much as possible to be able to add drops to the item database site my husband and I are working on, and I eventually outleveled it enough that I could solo the instance. The result was that 100% of the drops were Smuggler items, over the course of about 10 runs.

So far (up through Mandalorian Raiders), on live, the same appears to be true.. I have not seen anything drop that someone in the party could not equip.
www.TOR-Loot.com
My latest project - Find the best Flashpoint and Operations gear for SWTOR characters with one click.

Kneemo
12.19.2011 , 01:45 PM | #4
while i played the thanksgiving beta weekend, me and another guy thought the same thing.

however, we duo'ed black talon (both of us inquisitor) to get mass loot and bosses dropped bounty hunter gear.

ademnus
12.19.2011 , 02:39 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by IncognitoCat View Post
I am finding the same thing. When I played the beta, I was trying to spam Esseles as much as possible to be able to add drops to the item database site my husband and I are working on, and I eventually outleveled it enough that I could solo the instance. The result was that 100% of the drops were Smuggler items, over the course of about 10 runs.

So far (up through Mandalorian Raiders), on live, the same appears to be true.. I have not seen anything drop that someone in the party could not equip.
thats the amusing nature of randomness. I have seen plenty that no one needed drop.

Chalk it up to experience.
translation
Will the owner of a gray Death Star please move your non-moon planet-killing spacestation? You're blocking a fire hydrant.

IncognitoCat
12.19.2011 , 03:51 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ademnus View Post
thats the amusing nature of randomness. I have seen plenty that no one needed drop.

Chalk it up to experience.

Plenty that no one needed, yes, but still equippable for their class. Maybe I am wrong, just an observation from what I have seen so far. Maybe the "intelligent" loot is not 100% intelligent and they are still working out the bugs. It's still early; time will tell! I am just waiting to see if Bioware gives us any info.
www.TOR-Loot.com
My latest project - Find the best Flashpoint and Operations gear for SWTOR characters with one click.

Vulkus
12.31.2011 , 10:43 AM | #7
Thanks @IncognitoCat for that link in your sig for that site for loot tables, very helpful

Pseudoname
12.31.2011 , 10:57 AM | #8
In my guild, we're noticing the drops is favoring classes that use Aim. We've gotten to the point where we're gearing up our Aim using companions due to the frequency of Aim gear across the board. This is concerning Hard Mode Flashpoints.

The_Kronost
01.24.2012 , 11:16 PM | #9
I have done 32 HM FP's over the past week and a half. out of those 32 runs I have not recieved a single drop for my DPS SA. Is the loot random or do certian FP's drop certian gear. I am starting to get very frustrated with the lack of frequency of drops. I have run BT HM 14 times without a single SA DPS Drop, BP 10 times same result and i just finished my 8th foundry run and saw the first Drop ever.... which i did not win the roll on. I hope this system will be addressed soon so i can gear my toon for Operations.

davisjacobs
01.25.2012 , 11:06 AM | #10
I too have had issue with loot drops from flashpoints. for example running esslless 2 jedi classes and 2 of the bosses dropped bop cunning gear. How is this useful should it not just drop gear for the classes loaded into the flashpoint. its a terrible waste of time to run a fp to come out with gear you can only sell to vendor