Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

melee and blaster pistol users thrown under the bus?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
melee and blaster pistol users thrown under the bus?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MajikMyst's Avatar


MajikMyst
08.18.2012 , 02:48 AM | #251
Quote: Originally Posted by Maltuvion View Post
What are you on about? Those are player usable, the game just don't support it through competitive itemization.
I am aware they are technically player usable.. But you answered your owm responded to your own statement in the second part of your post..

I don't see to many players running around EC, KP, EV, or PVP with a techblade or an electrostaff.. Could be my server though... Who knows.. There is a lot of nutty people on my server.. My fleet looks like a dance party from the 70's.. Lots of disco balls and sparkles everywhere..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

Maltuvion's Avatar


Maltuvion
08.18.2012 , 03:07 AM | #252
Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
I never heard that
James Ohlen's duplicity: "For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting." There are many similar embarrasing post.

As for the November announcement? http://files.shareholder.com/downloa...bles_FINAL.pdf - EA Financial Report from Fiscal Year '13 First Quarter.

In case you have trouble finding it: "STAR WARS®: The Old Republic™ will move to a more accessible two-tiered pricing model in November". This is a far more reliable source than this website, so yeah... November it is.

Maltuvion's Avatar


Maltuvion
08.18.2012 , 03:12 AM | #253
Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
I am aware they are technically player usable.. But you answered your owm responded to your own statement in the second part of your post..

I don't see to many players running around EC, KP, EV, or PVP with a techblade or an electrostaff.. Could be my server though... Who knows.. There is a lot of nutty people on my server.. My fleet looks like a dance party from the 70's.. Lots of disco balls and sparkles everywhere..
That still effectively refutes your argument; You said they were pretty much companion-only. That is blatantly false. The catch is that there are no competitive iterations of said items. An event could easily introduce a competitive version of said items, in which case the situation would be as the poster originally said (and you disagreed with): A limited amount of people could use them. I realize you got no problem with this (and neither do I; all content in this game could probably be done with people using Techblades etc, my own guild got World #27 EC HM clear in Tioneese gear because we rerolled off our dead server one week before EC release).

As for the disco? Yeah, it's true, and it sadly feels so far from Star Wars as it could be, no resemblance at all to, say, Mos Eisley cantina or Jabba's Palace/Pleasure Barge :/

TrakonBazzaak's Avatar


TrakonBazzaak
08.18.2012 , 03:26 AM | #254
Quote: Originally Posted by anakedcowboy View Post
*facepalm* It's not a matter of opinion.

Everyone uses crystals. Everyone. PVE, PVP, every class. They were useful. Great reward. It created an after market and everything.

At 50, only 25% of people can use the bowcasters, and doing so outside of showing it off requires spending over A HUNDRED THOUSAND CREDITS just to remove the barrel to upgrade it to even rakata level, at which point it will be individually BoP even if you make the overarching weapon BoL because you used a standard barrel.

In 9 months, you've done 2 events. If this is the frequency, the rewards should have at least the potetial of being used by the level 50s that make up a majority of your still active playerbase.

Think, mcfly.
Or you could just overwrite the crappy barrel?
It may be nobody wants to be heroes except when it doesn't count, when it isn't challenging, that people would rather fight "pretend evil" than the real thing, but I don't personally believe that. I still think people are better than that.
Raph Koster

JamieKirby's Avatar


JamieKirby
08.18.2012 , 03:33 AM | #255
Maybe they have realised that they shafted the melee guys from the get go and just want to do it again. lol

Maltuvion's Avatar


Maltuvion
08.18.2012 , 05:23 AM | #256
It never gets old seeing how the Biodrones suddenly scimper off whenever fact is presented ^^

Exilim's Avatar


Exilim
08.18.2012 , 07:47 AM | #257
Quote: Originally Posted by Exilim View Post
I'm sure in the future none of the people complaining will ever roll a vanguard or an agent and wish they had gotten the neat-o bowcaster weapons. Not a one of them.
Probably right
I believe in people bombing
I believe in people warring
I believe diseases coming
I believe that's why I'm running

Spatology's Avatar


Spatology
08.18.2012 , 08:51 AM | #258
Quote: Originally Posted by Spatology View Post
The only true value of the Bowcasters is the fact that they are a legacy weapon. Aside from that fact, they are ugly as sin.

We barrel users dont get to show off our cool color crystals. Anyone useing a good rotation wont get to see blaster colors more then once or twice every 20 seconds, while in combat. We see jedi lightsabers ALL the time.

Someone come and give the babies their raddles. They are being awfully noisy.
to all you "wall of text'ers"

ScarletBlaze's Avatar


ScarletBlaze
08.18.2012 , 10:18 AM | #259
When you do a world event and you include weapons as something you can get with tokens then what they should do is Always include things for each class. They should never have just have the weapons for one or two classes.

The idea for the world event it to have people involved and doing it and having fun. If there is no rewards that a person can enjoy then you have failed at the event.

Sure there will be always some that don't like it but that is normal but to plan an event such as this you should always planned it correctly.

If you put weapons in then be sure there is weapons for everyone to use. That is only right and fair.


The planning they did was an half-baked idea. (and no I do not normally cricitize them). This event does not seem to be something they plannned correctly.

Besides the weapons the way the event was carried out was wrong. They did not take into consideration the server populations and some of the "jerks" on these servers. A world event should be fun for everyone but if you don't plan and organize it correctly it becomes a problem.

From what I have heard there is a lot of problems with the item you need to get. From my understanding you have to wait for someone else to get through using it. Why? They should have made it where that would not have happened.

The next event they really need to plan and orchestrate it better where they have less problems and the rewards are something interesting and unique and if they add weapons something that everyone can use. They should never alienate their players, that is not a good idea.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: A Time for Renewal[ https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/sK3jz376Zu8

flyersfan's Avatar


flyersfan
08.18.2012 , 10:24 AM | #260
Quote: Originally Posted by mavsynchroid View Post
I'm having a brain fart. Which two out of eight are empire? I can only think of the agent. Neither the BH, the inq, or the warrior can use it.
There are blaster rifles and sniper rifles. He should have said 3/16: Vanguards, Operatives, and Snipers being the 3.
Clan Brevyc

Drevenya - Shield Tech Orbrek - Advanced Prototype
Vozza - Bodyguard Volpira - Pyrotech